PDA

View Full Version : Where ya goin Speedweeks?

ZERO25
01-24-2019, 07:57 PM
Golden Isles-maybe 1 night

Eastbay-Thurs,Fri,Sat

Bubba-Sun

Volusia-several nights

ready2rd
01-24-2019, 08:13 PM
Golden isle ,Fri ,Sat.
Eastbay Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat
Bubba Sun
Providing its not freezing cold or calling for rain

ZERO25
01-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Golden isle ,Fri ,Sat.
Eastbay Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat
Bubba Sun
Providing its not freezing cold or calling for rain

It always seems to me that it rains and gets cold at Golden Isles and then its usually good warm weather for the Fla portion.....but we're due for some bad weather! lol

bleedblue55
01-24-2019, 08:36 PM
East Bay-Crate lates on Saturday, Super Bowl at the Wing House, and all 6 Lucas races

Bubba-Sunday

Volusia- Mon. thru Thursday

Head home when all the NASCRAP fans arrive

harleysanddirt
01-24-2019, 09:28 PM
Golden isles on Saturday Last nite of Eastbay and bubba.

dirt crow
01-24-2019, 09:29 PM
East Bay 8th and 9th. Bubba 10th. Trip depends on a no rain forecast.

Barbecueboy
01-24-2019, 09:30 PM
East Bay-Crate lates on Saturday, Super Bowl at the Wing House, and all 6 Lucas races

Bubba-Sunday

Volusia- Mon. thru Thursday

Head home when all the NASCRAP fans arrive

Fantastic.......that's good stuff right there.

slmcrewchief99
01-24-2019, 09:56 PM
My recliner and Lucas Oil Racing TV. LoL

old84
01-24-2019, 10:05 PM
not going to speedweeks for the first time in 24 years. we decided to go to vegas instead for the first time. going to be really strange working that week for the first time in a long long time also.

CIRF
01-25-2019, 12:01 AM
Flying to Florida-February 7th.

Bubba Raceway Park-February 8th & 9th.

Fishin' on Crescent Lake-February 10th & 11th

Volusia Speedway Park-February 12th & 13th

Bubba Raceway Park-February 14th, 15th & 16th

Flying back to winter-February 17th

kd1
01-25-2019, 12:14 AM
Wed-Thur-Fri Lucas at East Bay … Sat ARCA at Daytona … Sun afternoon Clash at Daytona ...Sun nite Lucas at Bubba … Mon UMP at Volusia … then home … subject to change depending on rain!

Loobs_07
01-25-2019, 12:55 AM
Gonna try for catching Fridays show at golden isles on my way to Florida. Always try to visit at least 1 new track each year. Family has some property few minutes from Volusia so I always catch 4/5 shows there mainly when the ump mods are on the undercard I really don't care for the big block mods one bit. Always fun to catch sprints at Volusia one night as well, that track can be badasss fast. Always say I'm going to east bay but that drive out there is long and boring. Granted they run a quick show there so can still get home decent time.

racincowboy02
01-25-2019, 01:45 AM
Lucas Oil Tv or Mav TV when on the weekends when Im at home or Ill be watching Lucas Oil TV and 4m when Im working

adamconners
01-25-2019, 05:52 AM
Going to Screven for sure (best food in racing), then decide from there. Anything to get away from this Ohio weather

d-glenn
01-25-2019, 09:58 AM
It's East Bay, Wednesday-Saturday, 21 years for me...

CIRF
01-25-2019, 11:05 AM
We have a long history in regards to Florida Speedweeks dating back to 1985. '85 was our first year going to "Volusia County Speedway" as it was known in those days. I was just a youngster in those days as was Billy Moyer, Bob Pierce and Jeff Purvis. It would be several years 'till ol' snort would be heard of. I'm really glad I got to see Larry Moore, Jack Boggs, Buck Simmons and The Flintstone Flyer, among others race in the Sunshine State.

We remember when Volusia was first paved and dirt late model Speedweeks moved to Palatka for a few years until Volusia built the 3/8's mile track adjacent to the 1/2 mile. They even ran the dirt lates on the asphalt a couple of time. It was very cool to walk over to the paved track and watch the supers fly around there, all for the same money.

We remember watching the WoO sprint cars at the long gone St. Augustine track.

Ahhhh yes. The memories and the racin' we've seen during the month of February in Florida! We sure hope to see a lot more, too.

RTW
01-25-2019, 11:30 AM
Volusia Feb 13 - 16.

gorj
01-25-2019, 11:38 AM
GIS
Screven

Clayton_Wetter
01-25-2019, 01:02 PM

Boy are your arms going to get tired!!!!

CIRF
01-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Boy are your arms going to get tired!!!!

I hope not, Clay! I been workin' out a lot lately in anticipation of this trip. LOL! I just hope I don't catch a drone in the chops on the way down and back!!!

ZERO25
01-25-2019, 04:02 PM

Tell your fishing guide to take you to Haw Creek (off the canal that connects Crescent and Dead lakes) up to the split. Work the banks with white beetle spins with the red dot. Buy a whole card as you'll lose some in the trees. Bring a bucket of minnows and some cane poles just in case. If the weather stays decent, the specks will be there as thick as fleas!

Driver50x
01-25-2019, 06:40 PM
I live near East Bay. I should be there about 3 nights between modifieds and Lucas Oil series. I hope to see the tour modifieds one night at New Smyrna. I haven't been there in a while. As usual, working sort of gets in the way of racing.

ready2rd
01-25-2019, 07:26 PM
Eastbay ,Hard Rock ,Florida State Fair,Mons Venus Just Hope My Money Dont Give Out .

TerryM
01-25-2019, 08:35 PM
GIS, both nights.
Screven, both nights.

Krooser
01-26-2019, 03:53 PM
One night I started the modified main at Volusia wearing a snowmobile suit...18F...

ZERO25
01-26-2019, 04:24 PM
One night I started the modified main at Volusia wearing a snowmobile suit...18F...

If that was around 2000 or so, I was there. The one and only race I have left because it was too cold!

dirt crow
01-26-2019, 05:49 PM
Hey. Florida cold is cold! I bout froze at east bay one night.

CIRF
01-26-2019, 08:41 PM
Tell your fishing guide to take you to Haw Creek (off the canal that connects Crescent and Dead lakes) up to the split. Work the banks with white beetle spins with the red dot. Buy a whole card as you'll lose some in the trees. Bring a bucket of minnows and some cane poles just in case. If the weather stays decent, the specks will be there as thick as fleas!Thanks for the tip, ZERO! We'll probably fish for specks 'till we have enough to fillet out for a meal to feed 4. When we get enough for a meal we'll switch over to fishing for bass. The guy I'm fishing with lives right on Crescent Lake 1/2 the year down there and lives to fish so I have a good feeling he'll know where to go but I'll pass along your suggestion, nonetheless. The gentleman I'm going to be fishing with has an 11 lb. 8 oz. large mouth to his credit that was caught out of Crescent Lake!

If that was around 2000 or so, I was there. The one and only race I have left because it was too cold!ZERO, I think I was there that night, as well. IIRC there was about 80 mortified's that took forever due to yellow after yellow and it was not only miserable cold but there was a northwest wind blowing about 20 MPH and we ate dust all night in addition to being frozen. I shivered with the heater on full blast all the way back to Port Orange! It was about 1 AM when I rolled into Port Orange!!

Hey. Florida cold is cold! I bout froze at east bay one night.

Florida cold seems to be worse than cold up north. The coldest I've ever been at a racetrack was at the Florida State Fairgrounds at a WoO sprint car race. This was not long before they tore the fairgrounds track out. It was 29 degrees at race time and the temperature went down from there. The only track I've ever been anywhere near that cold was Ventura Raceway in Ventura, California in early March of 2012. But even Ventura wasn't as cold as it was at the fairgrounds in Tampa!!

dirtcrazy4u
01-27-2019, 06:28 AM
LOL, Yea the older you get those cold nights are not fun anymore. Well GIS is calling for Temps down around low 40's. Screven is always cold being out in the middle of nowhere. I think I'm going to be a weather watcher this year. We need a florida warm spell and I could get my fix of lates and sprints.

TerryM
01-27-2019, 09:22 AM
It’ll be in the 50’s both days at GIS. Those low 40’s temps will be in the middle of the night and early morning when we’re in our hotel room. Can’t wait!

ZERO25
01-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Eastbay will warm yall up!

High 70's during the day, low 60's at night! Perfect shorts weather!

ZERO25
01-27-2019, 02:32 PM

I surmise your significant other, like mine, enjoys fine dining and entertainment at the dirt track, on Valentines Day! lol

CIRF
01-28-2019, 09:14 AM
I surmise your significant other, like mine, enjoys fine dining and entertainment at the dirt track, on Valentines Day! lol

Hahaha!! Her enthusiasm is moderate at best regarding race track food but on the other hand I'm lucky in that my wife likes going to watch good races. However, I will certainly be reminded and chided into at least one (probably two!) night out for dinner at a restaurant of her choice as a payment and peace offering for our spending Valentine's Day evening at Bubba. We're lucky men, indeed, ZERO! LOL!

00Hdmn
01-28-2019, 11:02 AM
Be in Orlando 3rd - 9th, usually try and hit Eastbay at least one night.

Barbecueboy
01-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Hahaha!! Her enthusiasm is moderate at best regarding race track food but on the other hand I'm lucky in that my wife likes going to watch good races. However, I will certainly be reminded and chided into at least one (probably two!) night out for dinner at a restaurant of her choice as a payment and peace offering for our spending Valentine's Day evening at Bubba. We're lucky men, indeed, ZERO! LOL!

You guys know that with a little planning and basic cooking skill you can produce a gourmet meal at the track right??

Josh Bayko
01-28-2019, 12:26 PM
You guys know that with a little planning and basic cooking skill you can produce a gourmet meal at the track right??

Totally. With a grill that has a cover, one could easily make steak, grilled asparagus and a baked potato.

ZERO25
01-28-2019, 12:52 PM

We'll have that on the way down, in a little town called Hawthorn, Diane's BBQ! :)

CIRF
01-28-2019, 08:54 PM

Bbqb, you're absolutely right, although I'm pretty sure you'd do a much better job than I, but we're going to be at a severe disadvantage due to the fact that we're flying down and renting a car. Can't bring a grill or any of the equipment needed and we really don't want to buy it all down there and then have to leave it.

We thought about making the 1100 mile trip down to Fla. with the camper this year but due to time constraints precipitated by the wife's work obligations that whole scenario is out of the question. We're definitely figuring on doing the camper trip next year but we'll stay down there for at least a month, hopefully six weeks. We have a standing offer from some friends for a spot to park the camper with hookups and the price is extremely right!!