PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil TV

cjp0354
01-26-2019, 12:05 AM
This may have been asked before, but can you have multiple devices logged in at the same time during the live broadcast? How does everyone like it, is it worth it?

Seems like a good deal for $100. Thinking about doing the yearly subscription before speedweeks starts.

Thanks in advance for any information.

champion24
01-26-2019, 12:15 AM
It's worth it. Don't think so on multiple devices. There is much more than LM on there too.

kidrock
01-26-2019, 05:39 AM
This may have been asked before, but can you have multiple devices logged in at the same time during the live broadcast? How does everyone like it, is it worth it?

Seems like a good deal for $100. Thinking about doing the yearly subscription before speedweeks starts.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I'm not sure about live and how many devices at one time but, I was on my computer and Ipad at the same time when watching past broadcasts.

As far as if it's worth in my opinion speedweeks alone is worth it and the rest is just a bonus

Hoosier_Dirt
01-26-2019, 06:26 AM
Speedweeks alone is worth it

TerryM
01-26-2019, 07:29 AM
It's great for Speedweeks, but you don't get much after that, as far as dirt late models are concerned. Especially if there are rainouts, like last year.

Tireguy17
01-26-2019, 07:55 AM
It’s totally worth it for Speedweeks like others have said. Tons of other stuff on there as well if you get bored as well as hours of old Lucas races to catch up on for new subscribers.

I watch it on my TV with a Roku and their IPhone app. Both are solid.

3 wide
01-26-2019, 08:01 AM
Lucas is going to be live on mav tv from golden isles Friday an Saturday an east bay Friday an Saturday.

chathamracefan
01-26-2019, 09:26 AM
I'd say it is worth it. You get speedweeks & then all 3 nights of the show me 100 weekend & some other shows during the year. Last night of Knoxville LM nationals also.

Several ASCS 360 sprint shows are live also if you like sprint cars as I do.

TDRacin®
01-26-2019, 10:24 AM
It's great for Speedweeks, but you don't get much after that, as far as dirt late models are concerned. Especially if there are rainouts, like last year.

It depends on what you call much, but 12 other events with several of them Crown Jewels is pretty good imo. It's the best deal out there bar none!

Dlmfan123
01-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Since I have mav tv I think I’m just gonna buy this month believe I get everything except Friday and Saturday

ZERO25
01-26-2019, 03:33 PM
For $11 a race during Speedweeks, that's a heckuva deal!

Ive had since day 1 and the $69/yr is a steal!

Moranfan99
01-26-2019, 07:23 PM
How do you get it for $69.00 per year I thought it was $99.00 per year

Spanky44
01-26-2019, 07:49 PM
How do you get it for $69.00 per year I thought it was $99.00 per year
Everyone who was with lucas tv from day 1 is locked in for $69.00 per year. it was a thank you from them.

As long as your logged on the same IP address, then you have be on multiple devices in the same house. Now if you try to give your buddy your info and both of you are on it from 2 different IP logged locations, well then it wont work and mostly get your accounted suspended and you'll miss the race.

Illtsate32
01-26-2019, 09:12 PM
Everyone who was with lucas tv from day 1 is locked in for $69.00 per year. it was a thank you from them.

As long as your logged on the same IP address, then you have be on multiple devices in the same house. Now if you try to give your buddy your info and both of you are on it from 2 different IP logged locations, well then it wont work and mostly get your accounted suspended and you'll miss the race.

Most likely get your account suspended lol do you work for them? Scare tactic cause I can tell you that is most definitely not true at all...

dch191
01-26-2019, 09:27 PM

I dont know about getting your account suspended, but there has been a few times when my brother and I both watched from my account from different locations and there have been other times that it wouldn’t let him log in when I’m already watching. It’s kind of hot or miss if you can get by with it in my experience.

CIRF
01-26-2019, 09:47 PM
Myself and an out of state family member tried to watch the same Lucas Oil TV live broadcast at the same time and it would knock one of us off when the other logged in and vice versa. We only tried doing that just the one time so I don't know if that situation is consistent but I suspect that it is.

I've been with Lucas Oil TV from the beginning and my subscription automatically renews at the $69.99 price every year. As has been previously said, it costs $100.00 per year for a new subscription. We get a lot of enjoyment from our subscription. We love their live late model broadcasts throughout the season, but also to a somewhat lesser degree for the ARCA events they broadcast. We have some close friends that are heavily involved with an ARCA team and we enjoy watching several of the live ARCA broadcasts.

Even at the $100.00 price the LOTV subscription is a good value, even if only for the Florida Speedweeks events.

MC92
01-26-2019, 10:02 PM
So what about the $6.99 a month subscription. Does that include any of the speedweeks stuff? Just curious.

dch191
01-26-2019, 10:13 PM
How many of you with LORTV have watched any of the Dave Despain Show episodes? If you haven’t then I’d highly recommend it. I know they’re from a few years back but they are some pretty interesting interviews imo with racers of multiple disciplines. That was worth a month or two of viewing to me.

MC92
01-26-2019, 10:13 PM
I found it on their schedule. You can watch Feb 4, 5, 6th and 7th with the monthly subscription for the Eastbay races and again Feb 10 at bubba. And you can cancel at anytime.

DLC
01-27-2019, 08:09 PM
It's great for Speedweeks, but you don't get much after that, as far as dirt late models are concerned. Especially if there are rainouts, like last year.I think it is a great deal.They have 23 nights of late models and Sprint,drag racing,motocross,boats,off road,arca,flat track,chop cut rebuild,and a bunch more.You have the arcives that you can go back and watch anyrace they had for years.Check it out.If you like racing of any kind its on there.

Thedoctor
01-27-2019, 08:33 PM
I pay 59.99 a year. ( atleast I have for the last 2 years so we’ll see upon renewal in February. ) What a steal for the content!

fryefan
01-27-2019, 08:38 PM
That is what I pay as well. I am pretty sure that is what I have always paid.

CIRF
01-28-2019, 09:04 AM
I was wrong in a previous post. After checking my CC records I found that I too, pay $59.99 for the whole year as opposed to $69.99 amount that I previously posted. At that price it truly is a steal.

ZERO25
01-28-2019, 10:45 AM
I was wrong in a previous post. After checking my CC records I found that I too, pay $59.99 for the whole year as opposed to $69.99 amount that I previously posted. At that price it truly is a steal.

I checked mine as well. Same here, $59.99!

b1eagle
01-28-2019, 12:48 PM
59.99 is what I have paid all along.The picture is much better than all the rest.It is a great deal.

kcracing
01-28-2019, 01:19 PM
How is the streaming for Lucas? Does it buffer alot?

formercrewguy
01-28-2019, 01:23 PM

I think it depends what browser you use and your download speed. I watch it on Chrome and it seems better than DoD sometimes. The best part is LORTV is in HD. DoD isn't. But I subscribe to both.

Snake X3
01-28-2019, 01:32 PM
For $11 a race during Speedweeks, that's a heckuva deal!

Ive had since day 1 and the $69/yr is a steal!

I must have had it from Day -1 because I pay $59.99/yr.

Snake X3
01-28-2019, 01:37 PM

At times it is god awful. I think they do a satellite upload or something because if you watch the replays afterwards, you can see video cut out and buffer/skip. Also, around A-Main time, when I think there are a lot of people logging in you'll often get buffering. I have an amazing connection so I know the problems aren't with my internet. If DoD is 9.5 out of 10, then Lucas would be a 5.5.

I seem to get best results with Firefox, but I have used Internet Explorer and it's been about the same.

CIRF
01-28-2019, 01:48 PM
The LORTV website clearly indicates that a subscriber can only log in and successfully stream video on one device at a time. Any number of devices can be installed and used but only one can support video streaming.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/help/faq/?set=3&id=11

The minimum download speed that will support the stream is 1.5 MBPS. 3 MBPS and faster will support SD quality video and 5 MBPS and faster will support HD quality video.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/help/faq/?set=3&id=21

The software needed to stream on a computer includes all the major browsers.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/help/faq/?set=3&id=23

We generally use an iPad. Reason being the picture fills out the entire TV screen when using the iPad. When streaming through our PC with Windows as the operating system we have a black strip on the top and bottom 3 or 4 inches of the TV screen.

highgroove
01-28-2019, 01:53 PM
Mine is 59.95 a yr. I got in there early.

ZERO25
01-28-2019, 03:30 PM
Lucas and Dod claim Chrome is better, not for me. IE seems to work better for me!

And I have the fastest internet speed ATT offers!

Illtsate32
01-28-2019, 04:03 PM
Like I said before when everyone is saying how cheap they got their subscription for 60 bucks it makes it hard for someone to sign up now for a 100 and feel good about it. Now if they had holiday or some sort of sales from time to time it would def give incentive to join up all year and im sure they would gain more subscriptions, but until they do it will be speedweeks and the show me, 2 months for me. On firestick for DoD silk browser blows away fire fox or anything else, never have had a problem, few times it froze, backed out and went back in with no problem...I use the lucas app for their streaming no problems at all...

ZERO25
01-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Like I said before when everyone is saying how cheap they got their subscription for 60 bucks it makes it hard for someone to sign up now for a 100 and feel good about it. Now if they had holiday or some sort of sales from time to time it would def give incentive to join up all year and im sure they would gain more subscriptions, but until they do it will be speedweeks and the show me, 2 months for me. On firestick for DoD silk browser blows away fire fox or anything else, never have had a problem, few times it froze, backed out and went back in with no problem...I use the lucas app for their streaming no problems at all...

Have you streamed them from your computer to the tv, if so, was the firestick better, as I have that as well.

RTW
01-28-2019, 04:55 PM
I have not tried to stream to my TV from my laptop. My firestick has worked without any issues.

Illtsate32
01-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Zero ive never done it with an hdmi to the tv, but with the firestick you can download the lucas app on it, and with dod you can use silk browser, and I only have 35-40 mbps on my internet speed and it works flawless, the firestick is the way to go imo. Im sure your pc works just as good but with the firestick you dont need a cord and it frees up your pc...

slmcrewchief99
01-28-2019, 05:08 PM
I have the worst internet provider in the world. I will tell you my experience with both and you can make your own decision. I can watch Lucas on my tv thru my Roku. It may buffer 1 time in an hour but only for a few seconds of it does. I just watched the Chili Bowl and it only buffered 3 times.

I can purchase a ppv with DoD and about lose my religion because it buffers every 10 minutes. Again I blame that on my internet.

With Lucas, you can look at it like this. Just by getting it you will get 9 races from Speedweeks for $60.00. That alone is $6.66 a race. You can't go to a local race and sit in the grandstands for that kind of price. You get to eat your own food and have a clean bathroom too.

You get All the nights of the ShowMe, Clash at the Mag, Napa 50 at Tri City, the Diamond Nationals, all 3 nights of the TopLess, feature night of Knoxville, and the DTWC. ALL for $60.00. How can you not order it? I have it obviously, but if we are racing ourselves, I take my ipad and watch it at the track thru their wifi.

TerryM
01-28-2019, 05:18 PM
I think it is a great deal.They have 23 nights of late models and Sprint,drag racing,motocross,boats,off road,arca,flat track,chop cut rebuild,and a bunch more.You have the arcives that you can go back and watch anyrace they had for years.Check it out.If you like racing of any kind its on there.
This will be the third year I’ve had it. I think I watched all the archived stuff the first two months lol. I have no plans to ever get rid of it. It’s a great deal. But I get it only for the dirt late model coverage. No complaints here.

Rocal145
01-28-2019, 05:35 PM
i was paying $69.00 a yr and canceled mine last week (still good for speedweeks though). It's pretty good don't get me wrong but they cut out a few live events last yr and i attend north south every yr so its not as useful to me anymore. I'm making the switch to floracing. Weekly live sprint/mod shows and some late model races.

Dlmfan123
01-28-2019, 06:05 PM
I have not tried to stream to my TV from my laptop. My firestick has worked without any issues.This is all I ever use other than my iPhone if I’m not at home. And I never have issues. If anything it’s typically my WiFi from being overloaded

ZERO25
01-28-2019, 07:37 PM
This is all I ever use other than my iPhone if I’m not at home. And I never have issues. If anything it’s typically my WiFi from being overloaded

Since Im electronically challenged..lol...I had my daughter set up my firestick.

Hope it works, or Ima coming to yalls house! :)

Bubstr
01-29-2019, 02:01 PM
I use a chrome book. Download flash player before you use LOTV. You have to enable it and you will find it at the paddock on the left of address bar. Great picture and we'll worth the money, even at the higher price. I don't know about you, but it would cost me $155.00 to get MAV TV and still not get all the races.

#FALSuperman
01-31-2019, 11:22 PM
I've bden locked in at $59 for the past 3 years now. Best deal around by far.

ZERO25
02-01-2019, 12:58 PM
I watched Floracings Eastbay races, through my Firestick/Silk Browser, last nite. Worked very well, easy to set up!

18mmod
02-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Can you guys help me? I got a Firestick and a Google Chromecast for Christmas. I don't know anything about either. I want to put Lucas Oil TV in my garage. Which one should I use and are there tricks I should know. I do have Directv in the house so I will watch tonite live on MAVTV. Thanks for your help.

Kryptonite17
02-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Using a fire stick but can't figure out where to pay. Tried on website, trying on app and nothing. Never seen a company who made it so hard to get a subscription lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shiny Side Up 18
02-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Using a fire stick but can't figure out where to pay. Tried on website, trying on app and nothing. Never seen a company who made it so hard to get a subscription lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.https://lucasoilracing.tv/signup

ZERO25
02-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Using a fire stick but can't figure out where to pay. Tried on website, trying on app and nothing. Never seen a company who made it so hard to get a subscription lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You gotta use your curser just like your computer!

Click on log in/account and then sign up.

Pretty simple once you use it a few times.

Kryptonite17
02-01-2019, 06:53 PM
You gotta use your curser just like your computer!Click on log in/account and then sign up.Pretty simple once you use it a few times.It was because I didn't have flash enabled. Got it sorted. Track looks bad fast!

ZERO25
02-01-2019, 07:01 PM
It was because I didn't have flash enabled. Got it sorted. Track looks bad fast!

LOL....I cant lie, my daughter showed me how!

Kryptonite17
02-01-2019, 09:28 PM
So is the makeup race tomorrow broadcasted live or are we just SOL until tomorrow night...?

Thedoctor
02-01-2019, 10:07 PM
I just saw on my Facebook that Lucas dirts page posted that the afternoon race will be on Lucas oil tv ( not mav until the night show )

TerryM
02-01-2019, 10:17 PM
LOL....I cant lie, my daughter showed me how!
Join the club. My kids are my go-to for pretty much everything new tech.

kidrock
02-01-2019, 10:25 PM
I just saw on my Facebook that Lucas dirts page posted that the afternoon race will be on Lucas oil tv ( not mav until the night show )

Yearly subscription only I believe it said.

champion24
02-01-2019, 10:42 PM
Yearly subscription only according to the LORTV website. At noon for consi and feature.

Kryptonite17
02-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Anyone got anything yet? Mine keeps saying we have encountered a problem. Nevermind, I see on Twitter 1:30 start now.

Crossbones
02-02-2019, 11:14 AM
My yearly subscription runs out tomorrow, anyone know how much the service is for a month? I can't find any info anywhere on their website.

Cooter Davenport
02-02-2019, 11:17 AM
My yearly subscription runs out tomorrow, anyone know how much the service is for a month? I can't find any info anywhere on their website.

Lucas Oil Tv is only $6.99 a month.

Shiny Side Up 18
02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
My yearly subscription runs out tomorrow, anyone know how much the service is for a month? I can't find any info anywhere on their website.If you drop down to monthly, you won't be able to watch many of the live events. Several are "yearly subscription only".

Cooter Davenport
02-02-2019, 11:25 AM
If you drop down to monthly, you won't be able to watch many of the live events. Several are "yearly subscription only".

The ones that are yearly subscription only are Live on MavTv...

dch191
02-02-2019, 11:51 AM
If you just get the monthly then you’ll miss out on the Friday and Saturday night shows during Speedweeks (golden isles this weekend and east bay next), Saturday night at for the Show-Me 100, Saturday night at the clash at the mag, the NAPA Know how 50 at tri city, the final night of the topless, and the last night of the Knoxville nationals (first two nights in DoD),

You could get the monthly subscription for 6 months (that’s if you subscribed before golden isles and canceled after the first 30 days then re-subscribed the day of the next event and repeated that to maximize your subscriptions) of the year and see 14 of 23 events live and still be able to watch the events you can’t see live the next day for under $45.

Dlmfan123
02-02-2019, 12:07 PM
^ that’s my plan. It kind of seems like there going to keep on with the mavtv thing so hopefully those Big races will be on mavtv as well. Either way I’m ready to get racing 👍🏻

wfofan
02-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Has the start time changed again???

CrankedUp90
02-02-2019, 12:38 PM
It just started!! Live now..

CIRF
02-02-2019, 12:40 PM
It just come on LORTV. They're running the track in right now.

Watching the cars running slow around the track it's clear just how twisted up the modern generic dirt late model has become. The right front gets further out to the right of the car every year.

Shiny Side Up 18
02-02-2019, 12:44 PM
If the stream doesn't work, you may have to "force stop" the app and try again. That's been a problem for me on FireTV.

ZERO25
02-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the Firestick!

No stuttering or buffering, the best I have seen!

Now I know its not my computer or wifi!(I have the fastest ATT offers)

CIRF
02-02-2019, 04:23 PM
I streamed through our iPad that is connected to the TV and but for one time when the screen went black it worked flawlessly. I merely cleared out of the website and logged in again. This glitch took place during the 4 wide salute so we didn't miss a thing. We don't have the strongest internet download speed but it is fast enough to watch in HD.

Later we're going to log into the LORTV website and compare the picture quality to MAVtv to see how they match up. The announcing crew is adequate and not annoying. It seems like the guy working with Dilner has toned down the hollering and the silly upspeak stuff for which he's usually known while doing these broadcasts. Like it better this way.

AllenK
02-02-2019, 04:29 PM
I have the worst internet provider in the world. I will tell you my experience with both and you can make your own decision. I can watch Lucas on my tv thru my Roku. It may buffer 1 time in an hour but only for a few seconds of it does. I just watched the Chili Bowl and it only buffered 3 times.

I can purchase a ppv with DoD and about lose my religion because it buffers every 10 minutes. Again I blame that on my internet.

With Lucas, you can look at it like this. Just by getting it you will get 9 races from Speedweeks for $60.00. That alone is $6.66 a race. You can't go to a local race and sit in the grandstands for that kind of price. You get to eat your own food and have a clean bathroom too.

You get All the nights of the ShowMe, Clash at the Mag, Napa 50 at Tri City, the Diamond Nationals, all 3 nights of the TopLess, feature night of Knoxville, and the DTWC. ALL for $60.00. How can you not order it? I have it obviously, but if we are racing ourselves, I take my ipad and watch it at the track thru their wifi.

Can you get internet through your local electric co-op? The local co-op has started providing internet in this area,and it's supposed to be really good and reasonably priced.

CIRF
02-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Can you get internet through your local electric co-op? The local co-op has started providing internet in this area,and it's supposed to be really good and reasonably priced.

Allen, as you suggested, we use a local co-op as our internet provider. They are one of just 3 options in our area. All three internet supplier options are basically the same delivery method. We have to have a receiving system that must be able to "see" the apparatus that transmit's the internet service. Our receiving antenna is on our walk up tower pointed at the top of a local grain elevator where the signal originates. As you might guess the 2 non co-op suppliers are very expensive due to the lack of competition. The co-op is by far the most used and most inexpensive for the quality and speed, but the speed is limited. We consistently maintain a speed of around 16 MBPS. Just 2 miles as the crow flies download speeds of 75 MBPS is available through the TV cable or phone service providers for comparable, or even lower, prices. We feel lucky to have what we have!

AllenK
02-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Allen, as you suggested, we use a local co-op as our internet provider. They are one of just 3 options in our area. All three internet supplier options are basically the same delivery method. We have to have a receiving system that must be able to "see" the apparatus that transmit's the internet service. Our receiving antenna is on our walk up tower pointed at the top of a local grain elevator where the signal originates. As you might guess the 2 non co-op suppliers are very expensive due to the lack of competition. The co-op is by far the most used and most inexpensive for the quality and speed, but the speed is limited. We consistently maintain a speed of around 16 MBPS. Just 2 miles as the crow flies download speeds of 75 MBPS is available through the TV cable or phone service providers for comparable, or even lower, prices. We feel lucky to have what we have!

I think the co-op charges $49.95 for 100 Meg service. Seems pretty reasonable. I got a free upgrade on my cable internet to 100 Meg,but I only pull around 70 since the upgrade. There are more speed tiers,but I am good with what I've got. It very rarely buffers,but here lately 1080p 60fps videos just won't play. Used to be no problem when I just had 50 meg. Could be computer getting old also.

Goferme1
02-02-2019, 11:56 PM
So I just got a tv with Roku on it, and I was looking at the Lucas Oil tv app. On the Roku it says a yearly subscription is 59.99, but the Lucas oil website says 99.99. My question is do you get all the live events for 59.99, and how long do they stay on there if I can’t catch it live?

TDRacin®
02-03-2019, 06:57 AM
If it will let you sign up on Roku for $59.99, do it! As for replays, they stay on there forever and they usually upload them within a day or two.

Illtsate32
02-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Zero glad your stick worked better for you. I knew you would like it. And Allen 70 megs is good as long as you don't have a bunch of devices pulling off it you will never have a problem streaming live events. I've had Charter 100 Meg service and even if you have the best router available you rarely pull their max megs.. On top of that especially with Spectrum it seems a few times a month it will get slow and il do a speed test and it will be around 25 megs, so I just reset the router and that seems to fix it and itd be back up around a 100...

CIRF
02-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Zero glad your stick worked better for you. I knew you would like it. And Allen 70 megs is good as long as you don't have a bunch of devices pulling off it you will never have a problem streaming live events. I've had Charter 100 Meg service and even if you have the best router available you rarely pull their max megs.. On top of that especially with Spectrum it seems a few times a month it will get slow and il do a speed test and it will be around 25 megs, so I just reset the router and that seems to fix it and itd be back up around a 100...

Wow! You guys are lucky. The highest download speed available out here in the boonies through any of the 3 providers available in our area is 60 meg and that package goes for over $70.00 a month even if you pay it by the year. There are content limits with rather pricey overage premiums on all packages offered by all providers except the provider we use. About 80% of our internet usage is business related so luckily we can write off most of the costs.

ZERO25
02-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Wow! You guys are lucky. The highest download speed available out here in the boonies through any of the 3 providers available in our area is 60 meg and that package goes for over $70.00 a month even if you pay it by the year. There are content limits with rather pricey overage premiums on all packages offered by all providers except the provider we use. About 80% of our internet usage is business related so luckily we can write off most of the costs.

If you have ATT in your area check with them.

We bundled our cell phones, directv, business lines, and internet and saved a bunch of money. Im like you, a major part of our bill is business use, so we write it off as well.

CIRF
02-03-2019, 11:23 AM
If you have ATT in your area check with them.

We bundled our cell phones, directv, business lines, and internet and saved a bunch of money. Im like you, a major part of our bill is business use, so we write it off as well.

ZERO, we used ATT for our cellular provider for several years and we checked with them every 6 months or so the whole time we used their cellular and finally a representative that actually knew some of what they were talking about said the chances of ever having internet in our location available through them was slim, at best. We checked with Verizon, Frontier and every other possibility to no avail. The only option we have other than the wireless broadband we presently use is satellite link and the horror stories abound from neighbors near us that have tried to use that deal. It was nearly useless and expensive as hell, to boot.

Illtsate32
02-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Cirf I believe you if you are in rural areas unfortunately theres no high speed like att or charter spectrum...amazing we can build laser guided missles for a billion dollars a piece but att cant get a cell tower built out in the country smh...