PDA

View Full Version : LOLM Cautions

DLC
01-27-2019, 08:43 PM
I was just wondering if they have ever addressed the stoppingon the track only to go pit for tires or to keep from gettinglapped? I really think they need to enforce some kind of rule.JMO.

ZERO25
01-27-2019, 08:58 PM
Note; See 24 Hours of EAMS replay! (no, they haven't)!

kazual
01-28-2019, 08:52 PM
I may be wrong but my belief is the drivers prefer it that way.

GEAR_HEAD
01-29-2019, 06:03 AM
Note; See 24 Hours of EAMS replay! (no, they haven't)!

David Mccoy is a moron for ruining what was becoming a very good race. We'll never know if English could have made that pass or not.

superstock79
01-29-2019, 06:38 AM
I'm sure the drivers DO prefer it that way, unfortunately it is terrible for the fans, and as said above, it has ruined some possibly good races for a caution for a 16th place car

Josh Bayko
01-29-2019, 07:17 AM
I doubt any new rules are made to stop that, but seriously, the National 100 is not a Lucas race, why would you even mention them in the OP?

NormP
01-29-2019, 08:24 AM
I would prefer it that way if I were a driver, but it's obviously a way to "game" the system. If I were the rules dictator, I'd institute a lap down penalty if you stop on the track and then immediately drive off under your own power when the caution waves.

But I'm just a fan, and don't have a say in the rules. Which is fine. A guy can do what he wants when he starts his own series, until then he's just a guy with an opinion.

GEAR_HEAD
01-29-2019, 12:21 PM
I doubt any new rules are made to stop that, but seriously, the National 100 is not a Lucas race, why would you even mention them in the OP?

It was a good example of how driver antics and selfishness ruin good races.

ZERO25
01-29-2019, 02:58 PM
David Mccoy is a moron for ruining what was becoming a very good race. We'll never know if English could have made that pass or not.

Yep, that car was pulling into the pits, out of the groove, and they still threw the yellow! smh

Im ok with it if the driver has a flat tire, but that's it! Im glad Lucas doesn't give any courtesy laps if they don't have a flat!

over4T
01-29-2019, 05:42 PM
As a driver I can tell you how much I dislike guys stopping to pull a yellow. It's a groaner for the fans and it's cost us a few races over the years from the guys that do.

My son does most of the driving for us these days and when he started a quarter century ago one of the first things he was taught was if you stop on the track he'd better be stuck in the wall or blown up or to be ready to be parked for a couple of weeks.

dirt crow
01-29-2019, 09:36 PM
How many drivers have you heard in victory lane thanking the fans saying “wanna thank the fans for coming out, without you fans none of this would be possible”. So that tells me the fans wants are more important. And the fans hate purposely brought out cautions! It’s just as worse now as it was in the Hav-a-Tampa days. $crew what the drivers want. Time for it to go away Lucas Oil!!! Period!

chathamracefan
01-29-2019, 09:40 PM
It really sucks to see a crown jewel level race jacked up with the intentional stopping yellows. That is one of the best things about Eldora biggies not being part of either series. It avoids some of those games with intentional yellows.

play4kps
01-30-2019, 07:53 AM
Sadly those rules are to protect the Lucas Oil guys, they know its legal, so they do it! A lot of guys on smaller budgets or lesser equiptment would get chastised to no end if they pulled those same antics at a Lucas oil race. Sadly its time to get rid of both Lucas oil and WOO, they have been a huge factor in the decline of car counts and interest of lesser budget teams to continue to race!

huskerdirt
01-30-2019, 10:52 AM
Interesting rule change in the lucas oil rulebook.

Mud Packer
01-30-2019, 11:05 AM
Interesting rule change in the lucas oil rulebook.

And what might that be????????????

GEAR_HEAD
01-30-2019, 11:09 AM
And what might that be????????????

It's in the article on Dirt on Dirt. I like the rule change as long as they strictly enforce it.

MI Dirt Fan
01-30-2019, 11:34 AM
Can I use your subscription to read it?

dirt crow
01-30-2019, 11:43 AM
I just read it. Hope it’s enforced to the max.

Krooser
01-30-2019, 12:27 PM
Most of the tracks I've raced, and all that I have run, have had a rule that states..." Cause a caution you go to the back cause two and you're out"...

Most guys respected that...

DLC
01-30-2019, 01:43 PM
Can I use your subscription to read it?It says that if a single car stops for a caution and does not have a flat tire they can not change tires.But at the same time other cars can change tires but no courtesylaps.TY Lucas for that much.I wonder what the penalty will be ???All they need to do now is after caution comes out get the carslined back without rolling around for 4 or 5 laps.

TMaCiLLiNi39
01-30-2019, 01:45 PM
It says that if a single car stops for a caution and does not have a flat tire they can not change tires.But at the same time other cars can change tires but no courtesylaps.TY Lucas for that much.I wonder what the penalty will be ???All they need to do now is after caution comes out get the carslined back without rolling around for 4 or 5 laps.

Should be interesting if Bloomquist has an off night and gets lapped... he’s notorious for stopping to bring out the caution to change tires under that circumstance

MI Dirt Fan
01-30-2019, 01:50 PM
And about 6-7 other guys....

MI Dirt Fan
01-30-2019, 01:51 PM
It says that if a single car stops for a caution and does not have a flat tire they can not change tires.But at the same time other cars can change tires but no courtesylaps.TY Lucas for that much.I wonder what the penalty will be ???All they need to do now is after caution comes out get the carslined back without rolling around for 4 or 5 laps.

Thank you...

DLC
01-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Y W I just hope they enforce it.It was getting to be about like __ascar with the pit stops.Also like another in this thread said,around here if you cause2 cautions you are out !!!!But that will NEVER happen.

MI Dirt Fan
01-30-2019, 02:15 PM
I think one race Satterlee did it twice within 5 laps.

Highside Hustler25
01-30-2019, 03:36 PM
About time.

Mud Packer
01-30-2019, 10:14 PM

Thank you. If it is enforced properly, this should slow down some of the stop and change guys.

Clayton_Wetter
01-31-2019, 12:15 PM
I think one race Satterlee did it twice within 5 laps.

I think all the top drivers use this strategy. If not you just get taken advantage of.

DLC
02-02-2019, 07:06 PM
I think all the top drivers use this strategy. If not you just get taken advantage of.what do you mean ? taking advantage of ??