PDA

View Full Version : How successful will Davenport and Rumley be now that they are apart?

Returning to Dirt
01-28-2019, 08:59 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/how-successful-will-davenport-and-rumley-be-now-that-they-are-apart/

How will Davenport and Rumley do now that they are separated?

TMaCiLLiNi39
01-28-2019, 10:39 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/how-successful-will-davenport-and-rumley-be-now-that-they-are-apart/

How will Davenport and Rumley do now that they are separated?

They aren’t really apart... Rumley is still going to work with Landers team just not travel with them...

Bubstr
01-28-2019, 11:16 PM
When something works on your head, you never know. We will see how tough in the head, JD and Maylar are. Both are very good wheel men, it's just if they have what they need in their corner. Some need a cheerleader, some need a butt kicker and some just need someone to remind them, it's fun. If I had to choose, I think Maylar, might be in a little more of a comfort zone.

TMaCiLLiNi39
01-28-2019, 11:49 PM
When something works on your head, you never know. We will see how tough in the head, JD and Maylar are. Both are very good wheel men, it's just if they have what they need in their corner. Some need a cheerleader, some need a butt kicker and some just need someone to remind them, it's fun. If I had to choose, I think Maylar, might be in a little more of a comfort zone.

Maylar? Really?

Highside Hustler25
01-29-2019, 04:06 AM
How will they do? Just win another Lucas Title.

dirtcrazy4u
01-29-2019, 04:52 AM
Marlar really ? Yea, why not ? Rumley won't be on site, you can't make the adjustments that these cars need today unless you see what the track is doing. Marlar is far more experienced in that than JD is. JD is a right foot wheelman, Marlar has the seat of the pants feel. As far as him not being there, he will be at the crown jewel races everybody knows that.

RaceEngineer
01-29-2019, 05:51 AM
Davenport will probably drop off some. The Marlar deal is interesting to me. Marlar has been severely underrated most of his career. He is better than Davenport.

bullittwrench
01-29-2019, 06:27 AM
Did Marlar make his own calls last year or did he have a "crew chief/engineer"?

Dlmfan123
01-29-2019, 06:35 AM
Marlar called the shots in the 157.

dirty bert
01-29-2019, 08:52 AM
Davenport will probably drop off some. The Marlar deal is interesting to me. Marlar has been severely underrated most of his career. He is better than Davenport.I like Davenport but between the two of of them I'd take Marlar to, he'll be fine.

jog49
01-29-2019, 10:30 AM
I'll bet Marlar does a lot less than some of you think for a different reason. Lee Roy will not be putting the engines together and at that, he excelled.

Jking24
01-29-2019, 10:40 AM
I'll bet Marlar does a lot less than some of you think for a different reason. Lee Roy will not be putting the engines together and at that, he excelled.So does jack cornett

dirty bert
01-29-2019, 04:45 PM
Mr Rumley has built motors that have ran with the best builders in the country so I'm not taking any thing away from him but I don't Mikey's going have any problems winning with Cornett's engines.

ZERO25
01-29-2019, 06:40 PM
I'll bet Marlar does a lot less than some of you think for a different reason. Lee Roy will not be putting the engines together and at that, he excelled.

Ummmm....JD came within a rainout of losing the title to engine issues!

grt74
01-29-2019, 07:09 PM
Marlar called the shots in the 157.

he is no dummy, 1 of 2 things will happen here, mikey can build and work on the cars himself and yes he knows how to use the hot wrench to his liking, so here we go from my stand point,1- two very smart and capable guys get together and find a ton of speed, and have a really good year, or 2- they have a power struggle and cant agree on what to do to the car and struggle, I'm going to go with one, he has to be the most underrated guy in a car today, even before this partnership, when he unloaded he was a threat to win, anywhere, hell he won the tour the first year out, give that man the resources and they all will be fighting for 2nd, except maybe for 4-5 other guys that have a realistic chance, the results prove it, the guy just gets it done
I'm sure the beatings will begin but day in and day out he is up front, in any car
sorry off subject, jd will be fine, he has the resources

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Ummmm....JD came within a rainout of losing the title to engine issues!

But instead the rain poured on your boys party!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

drano
01-29-2019, 08:22 PM
I would say D-Port will be hanging out with the GOAT more now trying to find out how to run better.

Hoosier_Dirt
01-29-2019, 08:52 PM
Let's not forget, Jason Durham is no dummy! Hes a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good crew chief and with Rumley still there as support they will be fine. I too think Marlar will be good, hes no slouch to set ups.

Highside Hustler25
01-30-2019, 05:31 AM
I would say D-Port will be hanging out with the GOAT more now trying to find out how to run better.

But...Moyer might only be at Speedweeks. Not committed to the whole tour quite yet:)

Josh Bayko
01-30-2019, 09:12 AM
Marlar very clearly digs the drivability of Cornett motors. They'd be silly not to go that route.