PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Erb Jr.

kidrock
01-29-2019, 12:59 PM
Erb has decided to follow the Woo tour this year. What's everyone thoughts on his decision?

TUTY
01-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Great for WOO.

Illtsate32
01-29-2019, 01:03 PM
They been talking about it in the full time woo thread...

kidrock
01-29-2019, 01:11 PM
Sorry but I didn't follow that thread or I would have never started this one.

ThebigE
01-29-2019, 02:15 PM
He will be more competitive and win a lot more money running the WoO over the Lucas Oil series.

Highside Hustler25
01-29-2019, 02:39 PM
Smart move. Being able to throw in a bunch of Hell Tour dates make sense. I always thought the WoO suited him better than the Lucas tour.

Rollover
01-29-2019, 02:43 PM
off topic here but what does erb do for income or how did he come about his money?

james777777
01-29-2019, 03:08 PM
He is a threat to win it

Pennsboro23
01-29-2019, 03:16 PM
He is a threat to win it

He will do better but not a chance he threatens Sheppard, Madden for the title. He'll end up 4-6th in pts.

Hoosier_Dirt
01-29-2019, 03:26 PM
I really didnt think he would follow a series. With the amount of money paid around his area he would be better off with a outlaw schedule.

reid boys
01-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Good move for Dennis in my book. I wonder if rhino ag is still going to sponsor him?

thexfactor0210
01-29-2019, 04:35 PM
He runs on a smaller budget than most. He races primarily for his income. He has good sponsor backing as well.

slmcrewchief99
01-29-2019, 04:45 PM
Good move for Dennis in my book. I wonder if rhino ag is still going to sponsor him?

I looked at the article on his website he has posted about running WoO. At the bottom of the article it lists all his sponsors. RhinoAg is not listed. Really didn't expect it to be.

zyoung25
01-29-2019, 04:49 PM
There was talks of him doing this last year before RhinoAg came on board. Makes me wonder who will get that money this year?

kidrock
01-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Smart move. Being able to throw in a bunch of Hell Tour dates make sense. I always thought the WoO suited him better than the Lucas tour.

Just think it's going to be Babb, Pierce, Shirley, Feger, Erb jr. Heckenast jr. racing some these Summer Nats races together it should be fun to watch.

dirty bert
01-29-2019, 04:54 PM
He will do better but not a chance he threatens Sheppard, Madden for the title. He'll end up 4-6th in pts.Your probably right about Sheppard but I don't know how strong Madden will be with the changes he's making I hope he does good I've pulled for him him a long time but just don't know bout the new cars

Illtsate32
01-29-2019, 05:10 PM
And how in sam heck does Erb race for a living? Im being serious with his winnings last year how much of that was he able to put towards his personal bills I.e. mortgage, utilities, etc..vs money he has to put back in his racing program, I mean cmon..does he have a home mortgage or personal vehicles, credit cards?? He makes enough to live comfortably and still travel the country racing? That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..you better be making north of $500,000 before you come close to making a living running a national tour...

Pennsboro23
01-29-2019, 05:11 PM
Your probably right about Sheppard but I don't know how strong Madden will be with the changes he's making I hope he does good I've pulled for him him a long time but just don't know bout the new cars

Everybody said the same thing about Madden last season. I don’t care much for the guy but he is fast in everything.

thexfactor0210
01-29-2019, 05:21 PM
He makes a living at it. He does not pay any crew members. Drives the rig himself. Has good sponsors and does not blow money on unnecessary things. He built most of his old hauler himself as well.

WisWildManFan
01-29-2019, 05:23 PM
And how in sam heck does Erb race for a living? Im being serious with his winnings last year how much of that was he able to put towards his personal bills I.e. mortgage, utilities, etc..vs money he has to put back in his racing program, I mean cmon..does he have a home mortgage or personal vehicles, credit cards?? He makes enough to live comfortably and still travel the country racing? That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..you better be making north of $500,000 before you come close to making a living running a national tour...Well what you call it when he doesn’t have another job? I guess you could say his day job is being a truck driver

Dlmfan123
01-29-2019, 05:41 PM
And how in sam heck does Erb race for a living? Im being serious with his winnings last year how much of that was he able to put towards his personal bills I.e. mortgage, utilities, etc..vs money he has to put back in his racing program, I mean cmon..does he have a home mortgage or personal vehicles, credit cards?? He makes enough to live comfortably and still travel the country racing? That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..you better be making north of $500,000 before you come close to making a living running a national tour...Has 0 paid help, and I heard heather pays for a lot of stuff. Pretty sure he is married as well so I’m sure his wife works.

Snake X3
01-29-2019, 05:49 PM
I like Dennis Erb, but Lucas had one Erb too many. He'd have been crazy to pass up running WoO considering the strength of their field. It will be interesting to see how the people that say the two series are pretty much equal (Rigsby) spin it when Erb goes from 11th on Lucas to top 5 on WoO....something I don't think he's ever done on the Lucas tour.

I hope he has a great season.

HoosierDirtFan
01-29-2019, 06:26 PM
Dlmfan123

Yes Dennis is married. His wife's name is Michelle. Heather pays her own way. She has an engineering degree and might be one of the smartest folks in the pits at each race. I've been watch Dennis race since he started in the early 90's. The guy does a lot on a small budget. Rarely does he have help other then Heather except for the big races and maybe once in a while he has a close friend with him. In 1999 he follows the hav-a-tampa tour with just a van and trailer and was rookie of the year.

Josh Bayko
01-29-2019, 06:30 PM
He makes a living at it. He does not pay any crew members. Drives the rig himself. Has good sponsors and does not blow money on unnecessary things. He built most of his old hauler himself as well.

I thought he bought Big Blue when Rocket1 was selling it a couple years back?

Cardirt0
01-29-2019, 06:38 PM
I have been friends with Dennis for years he use to come down and stay at Richies shop. Hes A Cool guy but he dont say much. 10 or so years a go i went with him to Fl speed weeks to help him. He use to run the shop his dad build but sold it. He was going to Run WoO last year till Cash was tossed at him last year. Think he will do a lot better in WoO the track they run are way better for him. You can not Find a nicer Guy then Dennis.

thexfactor0210
01-29-2019, 06:39 PM
He did buy the rocket hauler 2 years ago. Before that he had a hauler for about 15-20 years that he did most himsekf

HoosierDirtFan
01-29-2019, 06:41 PM
Josh Bayko
He sold his old blue rig to help pay for the Blue one he bought from Rocket a year or two back. From what I heard It was a down payment on the Rocket hauler.

Cardirt0 - I believe you are correct. Dennis IMO is one of the nicest guys in the pits. Maybe not a very talkative guy like me; but definitely one of the most polite people I've ever met at a race track. Started at the bottom and worked his way up. One of those guys you can truly say busted his butt to get where he is at to day and has earned every bit of it. He may race bit different then others. One thing I noticed a long time ago is Dennis is very good at making his car seem very wide and him hard to pass. Even drives his own hauler.

Cardirt0
01-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Heather makes so much money for the people she works for they let her do what she wants. She is be on a Smart Girl is a Brainy smart. and Works as hard as any man I know.

Highside Hustler25
01-29-2019, 07:01 PM
Just think it's going to be Babb, Pierce, Shirley, Feger, Erb jr. Heckenast jr. racing some these Summer Nats races together it should be fun to watch.

Just like the old days.

Snake X3
01-29-2019, 07:08 PM
I have been friends with Dennis for years he use to come down and stay at Richies shop. Hes A Cool guy but he dont say much. 10 or so years a go i went with him to Fl speed weeks to help him. He use to run the shop his dad build but sold it. He was going to Run WoO last year till Cash was tossed at him last year. Think he will do a lot better in WoO the track they run are way better for him. You can not Find a nicer Guy then Dennis.

It's great to hear someone say what you suspect.

Madcat
01-29-2019, 07:29 PM
Beleive I heard his wife is a big shot lawyer too. He and Heather are one of my favorites and seeing him win at Eldora was probably my favorite racing monent to date.

Zonks32x
01-29-2019, 07:31 PM
Illtsate32,

"How in the sam heck does Erb race for a living?"

You answered your own question. HE RACES. Look at his schedule the last few years. Nobody pulls through more pit gates.

Only Bloomer, Moyer, and Pierce can say they race for a living!?!?

Richards? B-Shepp? JD? Owens? EPJ? O'Neal? Madden? T-Mac?
Seems to me there's a handful of guys doing it for a living.

thexfactor0210
01-29-2019, 07:42 PM
His wife works for United airlines.

Highside Hustler25
01-29-2019, 07:48 PM
That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..

No way you are serious here.

kidrock
01-29-2019, 07:59 PM
Just like the old days.

Exactly what I was thinking!!

Mason87
01-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Had to slide pierce in there lol

Clamped
01-29-2019, 08:04 PM
And how in sam heck does Erb race for a living? Im being serious with his winnings last year how much of that was he able to put towards his personal bills I.e. mortgage, utilities, etc..vs money he has to put back in his racing program, I mean cmon..does he have a home mortgage or personal vehicles, credit cards?? He makes enough to live comfortably and still travel the country racing? That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..you better be making north of $500,000 before you come close to making a living running a national tour...With the exception of guys who have or are backed by someone with loads of money, I have no idea how anyone could race for a living.

golddirt
01-29-2019, 08:13 PM
It’s called being smart

WisWildManFan
01-29-2019, 08:59 PM
I like Dennis Erb, but Lucas had one Erb too many. He'd have been crazy to pass up running WoO considering the strength of their field. It will be interesting to see how the people that say the two series are pretty much equal (Rigsby) spin it when Erb goes from 11th on Lucas to top 5 on WoO....something I don't think he's ever done on the Lucas tour. I hope he has a great season.Totally agree, I do think he finished 5th his first year with the serious tho 2013

Illtsate32
01-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Ok some good points made he has sponsors that help with the bill, his wife if shes a lawyer explains a lot of it...

Illtsate32
01-29-2019, 09:43 PM
With the exception of guys who have or are backed by someone with loads of money, I have no idea how anyone could race for a living.

Exactly my sentiments...

Illtsate32
01-29-2019, 09:49 PM
Illtsate32,

You answered your own question. HE RACES. Look at his schedule the last few years. Nobody pulls through more pit gates.

True even though half of those guys arent flipping the bill...but I agree if a guy gets 30% of his winnings and can pull 300k a year, thats not a bad living thats 90 k...if thats all he does is drive and draw a check...

Illtsate32
01-29-2019, 09:51 PM
No way you are serious here.

Highside a select few who can just drive and bring in hundereds of thousands in winnings, for a decent cut then yes you can race for a living I stand corrected...

Krooser
01-29-2019, 09:56 PM
It will be nice to see him at Shawano which is Heather's hometown.

Loobs_07
01-29-2019, 10:29 PM
Just seems last year or two here he’s really fallen off. Personally. I think he needs to get out of the rockets, don’t think it fits his driving style. He really excels around the bottom or middle of the track he’s not one to be up on the cushion where the rockets seem to excel. Good move on his part moving to WOO, Lucas is going to be too competitive for the way he’s been running. But running. Good or bad he usually coming home with a clean car, he’s not one to tear much up which allows him to race as much as he does which in the past he was racing as much as anyone in the country. Maybe running around Illinois a bit more gets him going again. I always see his trailer parked at a shop in Carpentersville but don’t seem to even be open anymore or tonhave a garage area in it. Not sure if that was his old mans shop or not. Been meaning to catch him in the pits and ask him.

zyoung25
01-29-2019, 11:03 PM
^^^^ that's his dad's old shop. It was called the Algonquin auto haus. Someone else might be able to fill us in in on what it was. I just know that is the return address on his packages if you order a shirt off of him. On Google earth, you can see his hauler sitting in the street view pic with a pretty nice looking BMW sitting there with it.

Zonks32x
01-29-2019, 11:27 PM
If Dennis gets his qualifying woes figured out...he's gonna be dangerous.

He passes plenty of cars come feature time, and he doesn't pull in after a race with a car that looks like it was in a demo derby.

Hard to win starting from 12th or further back all the time. I'd like to see Dennis have a huge 2019.

JCSullivan00
01-30-2019, 06:48 AM
^^^^ that's his dad's old shop. It was called the Algonquin auto haus. Someone else might be able to fill us in in on what it was. I just know that is the return address on his packages if you order a shirt off of him. On Google earth, you can see his hauler sitting in the street view pic with a pretty nice looking BMW sitting there with it.

The car is a 2017 BMW M5. When new was easily an 80 thousand dollar car. The 2019s are over a 100k.

Dlmfan123
01-30-2019, 06:55 AM
The car is a 2017 BMW M5. When new was easily an 80 thousand dollar car. The 2019s are over a 100k.I’m going to say that’s heathers car out front and his truck parked on the other side of the rig

fastford
01-30-2019, 07:54 AM
it amazes me that when some one gets down a little , some start with " it must be the chassis " , those days are over because there is not a dime worth of difference in the geometry of any of the top chassis , its all the stuff you fasten to them that counts .....JMO.......

Cardirt0
01-30-2019, 08:04 AM
The car is a 2017 BMW M5. When new was easily an 80 thousand dollar car. The 2019s are over a 100k.

His Old Lady Make big bucks at United Air Lines it could be hers. Seen her in a BMW be for.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-30-2019, 08:50 AM
The car is a 2017 BMW M5. When new was easily an 80 thousand dollar car. The 2019s are over a 100k.That’s a crappy ride:). Them things are tough.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-30-2019, 08:52 AM
I dunno how long he has been in the Rockets. I wanna say it’s been Rayburns, BWRC, Black Diamonds, maybe Bloomer, and Rockets, all in the last 4-6 years.

Dlmfan123
01-30-2019, 09:32 AM
I believe his first race in the rocket was around the pdc last year. And he only had 1 had a black diamond as a back up

Josh Bayko
01-30-2019, 09:49 AM
I believe his first race in the rocket was around the pdc last year. And he only had 1 had a black diamond as a back up

I'm sure he's picked up another XR1 to be the backup this year.

Loobs_07
01-30-2019, 09:52 AM
Just seems to me he hasn’t been a threat or anywhere close to up front last two years here. He was real strong in the black diamonds for a few years there 2014/15/16. Won the dream, few toilet bowls, ntional 100, bunch of summer national races, and (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near won the PDC if it wasn’t for Davenport slamming him. Was always real strong around the Midwest and when track conditions were to his favor you’d see him up front at some random races around the country. Easy guy to root for just like to see him get back to being more of a threat again.

Loobs_07
01-30-2019, 09:56 AM
maybe eastbay will be a good preview. He was always good for a win for a good stretch there

Dlmfan123
01-30-2019, 10:25 AM
I'm sure he's picked up another XR1 to be the backup this year.Believe he got 2 fresh ones. Was just saying what he had last year

Cardirt0
01-30-2019, 10:32 AM
Last year he had motor Prob. Woo runs a lot more small tracks with will help him there. he gets some good motors he can run with them all.

18mmod
01-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Back in 2000 I went to his shop in Carpentersville. It was an auto repair shop/race shop. I asked him if he made enough money at this shop to race full time and he told me he made enough money racing to have this shop. That was in 2000.

Illtsate32
01-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Point Is Erb does not race for a living. They have $ that allows them to race as a hobby...

9SWILDMAN
01-30-2019, 03:36 PM
People have remember google things not only Dennis wife make great money he also don’t have hire 6 guys for crew , drives own hauler he also has many sponsors who have lots money from McBride and ideal ready mix and m&m construction etc

WisWildManFan
01-30-2019, 03:46 PM
Point Is Erb does not race for a living. They have $ that allows them to race as a hobby...Are you off your meds again?

NormP
01-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Point Is Erb does not race for a living. They have $ that allows them to race as a hobby...

So then what is his profession?

Using your logic, Bobby doesn't race for a living. His parents have money that allows him to race as a hobby.

thexfactor0210
01-30-2019, 04:54 PM
No, the point is Erb does race for a living. His wife is not some millionaire backer that pays for everything. As I explained he is great with the resources given and makes it work with sponsors, purse, and point fund money.

Remember this, when you see the price of cars, parts and engines they dont always pay full price. Then theh sell it used and make money off of it as well. His dream winning car less motor and trans was just sold to a local guy for a good amount. Dont always look at what some team blows on a national tour and think everyone has to spend that.

Dlmfan123
01-30-2019, 05:27 PM
Point Is Erb does not race for a living. They have $ that allows them to race as a hobby...No, the point is he does race for a living thanks to some awesome people who help him do what he does, just like bobby

Zonks32x
01-30-2019, 05:41 PM
No, the point is Erb does race for a living.

Good Luck...this point has been made going on three pages now.

Just don't tell him that Bobby doesn't race for a living, without Hoker picking up a huge piece of the tab. The world might end.

MI Dirt Fan
01-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Illtsate32,

All those guys you listed drive for some one else. Bloomquist, Moyer and Dennis Erb don't. That's racing for a living

Illtsate32
01-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Dirt Fan I completely agree with you on Moyer and Bloomer, theyve cleaned up for years...

Cardirt0
01-30-2019, 06:18 PM
Dennis and Heather do the work of 8 people and dont wast money. They in the top 10 so they get show up money thats a lot, they sleep in the truck eat in the truck. AND DONT wast MONEY. I have helped him a lot of times cause he pats you on the back and you Feel the love when He wins. and Never blames you when he dont. If I won the lotto or Powerball he never have to pay for a Motor ever agen just cause of how he treated me when I was there.

Zonks32x
01-30-2019, 06:19 PM
Bobby can probably make a living at it?? So Hoker pays the bills and Bobby is "racing for a living?"

Dennis Erb races as much or more than Bobby, and has done so for years, and he's just a "hobby" racer.

Bobby is "bringing home 400k+ a year," (your words) the rest of his career...pretty bold statement, and completely false.

Bringing home!?!? So after expenses, he still managed to earn 400k. Clearly, your eyes are Brown!!!

Please post all the previous years he has won 400k in a single season below...let alone "bringing home," 400k.

Cardirt0
01-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Bobby can probably make a living at it?? So Hoker pays the bills and Bobby is "racing for a living?"

Dennis Erb races as much or more than Bobby, and has done so for years, and he's just a "hobby" racer.

Bobby is "bringing home 400k+ a year," (your words) the rest of his career...pretty bold statement, and completely false.

Bringing home!?!? So after expenses, he still managed to earn 400k. Clearly, your eyes are Brown!!!

Please post all the previous years he has won 400k in a single season below...let alone "bringing home," 400k.

He all so POPed 180K in motors that year

MI Dirt Fan
01-30-2019, 06:35 PM

Is there another Bobby Pierce we don't know about? I have a feeling we might be waiting awhile.

Zonks32x
01-30-2019, 07:00 PM
Is there another Bobby Pierce we don't know about? I have a feeling we might be waiting awhile.

Another Bobby....you better hope not.
You and the other four Bloomer fans on 4m would really be outnumbered then😂.

MI Dirt Fan
01-30-2019, 07:33 PM
You and the other four Bloomer fans on 4m would really be outnumbered then.

We feel really outnumbered now. lol

Illtsate32
01-30-2019, 10:12 PM
No def not 400k take home but gross winnings yes...whats he won around 85k in his last what 7-8 races? Enough about Bobby you guys always make everything about him. Erb no he doesnt make a living racing that points been drove home...

Illtsate32
01-30-2019, 10:15 PM
Are you off your meds again?

Naw im on that test like you lol...

Mud Packer
01-30-2019, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=Illtsate32;2248897 Erb no he doesnt make a living racing that points been drove home...[/QUOTE]

So please tell me what his occupation is then?????????????????

rdcllk
01-30-2019, 10:36 PM
Is it just me. Or is llltsate. Like try to explain some thing to a woman. Erb's raced for a living many years.

zyoung25
01-30-2019, 11:08 PM
That makes me laugh when people say they race for a nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..you better be making north of $500,000 before you come close to making a living running a national tour...

Enough about Bobby you guys always make everything about him.

Did you forget you were the one that made it about Bobby to begin with?

Illtsate32
01-31-2019, 07:12 AM
I was generalizing...I guess you can say I mentioned his name, but def was not talking about him up specifically, everybody just gets crazy and runs with it when they see his name...

Illtsate32
01-31-2019, 07:16 AM
Had to slide pierce in there lol

Good Luck...this point has been made going on three pages now.

Just don't tell him that Bobby doesn't race for a living, without Hoker picking up a huge piece of the tab. The world might end.

He all so POPed 180K in motors that year

You and the other four Bloomer fans on 4m would really be outnumbered then.

We feel really outnumbered now. lol

Highside Hustler25
01-31-2019, 08:00 AM
If you're having to quote 7 posts at a time, well, just sayin.

Thedoctor
01-31-2019, 08:19 AM
Illtsate32 stirs up crap then wonders why people come at him. Bobby’s name shouldn’t of been in his initial post with bloomer and Moyer. I’m still trying to decide for myself if this guys smart by getting everyone going all the time then sitting back enjoying the show or if he’s being honest about his opinion(s) and just a complete moron

Cardirt0
01-31-2019, 09:15 AM

Have Know him for Years and HE does make a living racing. and I have given you the space you do not deserve. But not no more. But you my friend are a MORON.

HoosierDirtFan
01-31-2019, 09:50 AM
Have Know him for Years and HE does make a living racing. and I have given you the space you do not deserve. But not no more. But you my friend are a MORON.

The moron side of him was shown to all of us a good while back. I with you on Erb. I've followed his career from the very beginning. This fella doesn't know squat about Dennis. Just a guy who thinks he does.

TackyTracker
01-31-2019, 09:52 AM
well GL to Erb & Heather this year

Kromulous
01-31-2019, 10:48 AM
Dennis is a hard working guy, and moving to WoO i think is a good thing. He just needs to gain back a little speed, fell off a little the last couple years. Probably in the Engine department.

Anyway, i wish much success to him and all involved.

pierceFAN
01-31-2019, 10:49 AM
I wasnt much of an erb fan growing up...but I remember him and his dad racing together and I always thought that was cool...after his dad died...he jumped on the hava Tampa series and after that when he came back to his roots he was like a totally different animal...
The experience he got on that tour showed...very few race 100% for a living....where or who they get their money to race on is no business of mine...some get it handed to them...some have to work for it...some dont have it...bottom line is as long as they can get the money to race then have at it!

MI Dirt Fan
01-31-2019, 10:52 AM
I read he has new XR1's and Clements engines. Has he always ran Clements?

WisWildManFan
01-31-2019, 11:04 AM
This thread is a bunch of horse (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)... illstate32 is a moron

Snake X3
01-31-2019, 11:08 AM

He ran a Clements last year. The year before he had a Vic Hill and ran a Jay D1ckens for a couple of years before that.

IZZOJR16
01-31-2019, 11:15 AM
Erb has decided to follow the Woo tour this year. What's everyone thoughts on his decision?unless he revamped his whole operation I don't know if that even a good idea.

Bubstr
01-31-2019, 11:27 AM
It seems, that if the money won at the track, doesn't cover the payroll, it is a hobby. That makes almost any racing, a hobby, from F1, NASCAR,WOO sprints, Midgets, LM even Go Karts.

I'm not sure, but a good Racer has to have sales experience to sell himself to sponsors, To be successful. It may be more important than driver skills.

That must mean, there have been no professional racers since the 70s.

Clayton_Wetter
01-31-2019, 11:52 AM
Looks like everybody is beginning to have an Illtaste in their mouths!!!!! hahahahahaha:)

NormP
01-31-2019, 03:38 PM
So please tell me what his occupation is then?????????????????

I asked the same question and it was conveniently ignored. I also said you could use Illtsate's logic and substitute Pierce's name for Erb's and say the same thing as far as "the family pays the bills so he can race as a hobby" and got no response.

Some people don't like it when their own argument is turned on them.

Highside Hustler25
01-31-2019, 03:49 PM
I always thought Dennis owned the automotive shop in Carpentersville and had someone run it for him. That would be income for his race team. I wouldn't necessarily consider it a job, especially if you have a good reliable person to operate it for you. As far as a actual job, their is no way he could have one and race as much as he does.

thexfactor0210
01-31-2019, 04:08 PM
He leases the shop super cheap from a guy.

thexfactor0210
01-31-2019, 04:10 PM
16 WoO races are in IL, WI, MI, IN, or IA. That is why I think erb is running the tour now. And he gets to run 15 Summer Nationals races in IL.

zyoung25
01-31-2019, 04:40 PM
It's always amazed me how people can race as much as he does, and only have 2 people working on the car. He did have a guy with him a few times last year right after Heather broke her arm, he also had the same guy with him in 2016 and 2017 a few times. It makes me wonder if this same guy doesn't help out at the shop, and only hits the road when needed.

It's basically another full time job keeping a car straight just for a regional racer. I couldn't imagine what it would be like doing it for someone who races as much as he does, he gets my nod.

stewart fan
01-31-2019, 05:26 PM
Maybe there was a lawsuit from the accident that took his father,really noones business but his I guess but I was also curious as to what he did to support his racing

HoosierDirtFan
01-31-2019, 06:15 PM

Na. When if first started he ran Rhyne Engines and a few others over the years. Rhyne is located in Gary, Indiana just about 10-15 miles from my house. The Clements people are good folks their son Jeremy runs in NASCAR. He came from Dirt racing as well. Clements makes some good reliable horsepower.

powerslide
01-31-2019, 06:25 PM
It's always amazed me how people can race as much as he does, and only have 2 people working on the car. He did have a guy with him a few times last year right after Heather broke her arm, he also had the same guy with him in 2016 and 2017 a few times. It makes me wonder if this same guy doesn't help out at the shop, and only hits the road when needed.

It's basically another full time job keeping a car straight just for a regional racer. I couldn't imagine what it would be like doing it for someone who races as much as he does, he gets my nod.

I'm not sure how many have noticed but guys like Dennis/Mccreadie and i'm sure alot of others that are short on help most of the time. They are alot easier on equipment than the guys with 4-5 crew guys. They know if they tear that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) up they are the ones fixing it and Dennis knows if i rip a corner off this thing its going to be 3k to put it back together, tire/wheel, shock, control arms or birdcage maybe a rear end tube. Run 10th or 11th not much of pay difference so i don't think he's running over anybody to get it from 11th to 10th plus you end up with 20th pay money so its a lose lose really.

Waldo
01-31-2019, 06:43 PM
Dennis Erb Jr. races for a living. If you wonder how somebody can do this it is called sponsorship. Dennis has 42 sponsors for the 2019 season. That is not a miss print, he has 42 sponsors listed. Ok, sponsors pay money every race. If these sponsors didn't pay, why in the world would you think he would list them on his web site. The only question is how much do they pay? Nobody will ever know because a guy like that would be dumb to tell the truth about it. I'm sure he will continue to run close to 100 races a year because he races for a living.

Kromulous
01-31-2019, 07:01 PM
What your not understanding is that a lot of them are product sponsors. So much $$ off retail, or some sort of situation like that. Some free parts here and there but very few sponsors now days just write checks. Engine Builders cover labor etc etc. There is a lot of variables, i guess you could attach a $$ value to it at the end of the day.

Most Big names get tire deals. I have heard but not directly, so its rumor, that they get X number of free tires a year, then after that its cost essentially, around $80 to $100 or so a tire.

Racing for a living is a tricky deal, but thats why i have always like Moyer Bloomquist, and others like Erb. Their doing it, and making it work.

kidrock
01-31-2019, 07:17 PM
I'm just glad to see Dennis and Heather are still out on the road pretty much by themselves and for the most part still pretty competitive. Now like others have said the last couple years he's lost some speed and hopefully this year he can get it back. I don't care if he races for a living or not that's his business and not mine jmo.

Mud Packer
01-31-2019, 07:33 PM
I asked the same question and it was conveniently ignored. I also said you could use Illtsate's logic and substitute Pierce's name for Erb's and say the same thing as far as "the family pays the bills so he can race as a hobby" and got no response.

Some people don't like it when their own argument is turned on them.

Of course his whole argument is flawed and I certainly didn't expect an answer. It's tough to argue with logic like that. Reading his posts are always enjoyable. Great humor to laugh and be glad he doesn't live next door. I already have enough morons in the neighborhood.

Illtsate32
01-31-2019, 07:57 PM
Waldo thanks for giving me some insight while being respectful...bless you all call calling me a moron don't make you right, your occupation is how you pay your mortgage, car notes, utilities etc..a fan of Dennis always have been, but I just don't think his race winnings pay for that that's all I was saying....

MI Dirt Fan
01-31-2019, 08:15 PM
Waldo thanks for giving me some insight while being respectful...bless you all call calling me a moron don't make you right, your occupation is how you pay your mortgage, car notes, utilities etc..a fan of Dennis always have been, but I just don't think his race winnings pay for that that's all I was saying....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BU5hR9gXE

rdcllk
01-31-2019, 08:22 PM
^^^^^^^ lol

klemmabyna
01-31-2019, 08:29 PM
almost got my drunk a$$ ran over in the pits by dennis after a herald and review 100 at macon. but can't hold it against him because it was my fault!

don't care about a lot of what is said in this thread, but anyone who has followed his career, or watched him and heather work, should appreciate getting to watch what a true racer will do to entertain us.

JMO

cdustyr1
01-31-2019, 09:07 PM
I looked at the article on his website he has posted about running WoO. At the bottom of the article it lists all his sponsors. RhinoAg is not listed. Really didn't expect it to be.

I believe they sponsor Lucas Oil Events so I would assume if they are sponsoring someone this year they would be on that tour.

Cardirt0
01-31-2019, 09:50 PM

DiD not say i was RIGHT . i said you was a MORON. I Know and have help Dennis He pays as he goes there has been a few years were there was nothing in the bank but theres Been more were there is Good money left over .

Madcat
02-01-2019, 06:01 PM
I apologize and I’m sure it’s been corrected, wife is not a lawyer.

fastford
02-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Dennis Erb Jr. races for a living. If you wonder how somebody can do this it is called sponsorship. Dennis has 42 sponsors for the 2019 season. That is not a miss print, he has 42 sponsors listed. Ok, sponsors pay money every race. If these sponsors didn't pay, why in the world would you think he would list them on his web site. The only question is how much do they pay? Nobody will ever know because a guy like that would be dumb to tell the truth about it. I'm sure he will continue to run close to 100 races a year because he races for a living.

most of those sponsors only pay contingency if he wins ......