PDA

View Full Version : Brian Shirley takes wild ride

Hoosier_Dirt
02-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Brian flips in A-main. He is ok. Car not so much.

CIRF
02-02-2019, 04:25 PM
These red flag inducing tumble rides are getting more prevalent in the dirt late models.

grt74
02-02-2019, 08:00 PM
anybody have video, did the rr break, can't tell by the video, or did he just get in the wall

billetbirdcage
02-02-2019, 08:01 PM
anybody have video, did the rr break, can't tell by the video, or did he just get in the wall

Pretty sure he just got pinched into the wall and rolled, don't think it was part failure that caused the crash

MI Dirt Fan
02-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Who was that under him? Bronson? The entire left rear did come out pretty quick.

billetbirdcage
02-02-2019, 08:07 PM
Bronson, correct. Bronson was ahead about 1/2 a car when contact happened with him or wall.

JDawg4343
02-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Looks like he got "squirrelly" going down the backstretch and was heading towards Bloomquist on the bottom and overcorrected too much and got in the wall

grt74
02-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Pretty sure he just got pinched into the wall and rolled, don't think it was part failure that caused the crash

Thanks, now that I looked again it was the lr that was gone, man he is due for a little luck, just found another set of pics, from what that looked like looks like he got turned

champion24
02-02-2019, 08:20 PM
He goes South to Speedweeks with only 1 motor??

MI Dirt Fan
02-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Did the Halon system go off or did the safety crew spray retardant on it?

billetbirdcage
02-02-2019, 08:26 PM
pretty sure they (track) sprayed as it was leaking fuel, but don't think they showed it

zyoung25
02-02-2019, 08:32 PM
I noticed the wall was really short when i went down a couple years ago. It seems like the cars get up on the wall there a lot easier then they do at most places. That's kinda scary considering the speeds they carry there, and how there just as many people standing along the fence watching as there is in the stands.

MI Dirt Fan
02-02-2019, 08:41 PM
I noticed the wall was really short when i went down a couple years ago. It seems like the cars get up on the wall there a lot easier then they do at most places. That's kinda scary considering the speeds they carry there, and how there just as many people standing along the fence watching as there is in the stands.
Your right because if you watch the replay where Owens spun Tmac spins to avoid him and the rear quarters on tmacs car scrape the top of the wall.

NormP
02-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Did the Halon system go off or did the safety crew spray retardant on it?

When it first happened there was a guy on a Kawasaki mule or something similar and he jumped off and unreeled a hose so I'm assuming that was the track's doing, because there was nothing on the track for the first little while after he came to rest.

TackyTracker
02-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Hope he's ok

Loobs_07
02-03-2019, 01:02 AM
Looked like he was underneath a few cars in 1 and 2. Not sure how he got up into the wall but pictures looked like he got turned right or car was turned at right at least. But now that you say Bronson was right there i can probably put 2 and 2 together.

WildBill32
02-03-2019, 01:14 AM
Bronson is letting Shirley use his shop to put a motor in his backup car. Hmmmm.....

RaceEngineer
02-03-2019, 06:21 AM
pretty sure they (track) sprayed as it was leaking fuel, but don't think they showed itTrack crew sprayed it because it was leaking. I thought all these high roller upgrades were supposed to prevent that?

Highside Hustler25
02-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Bronson is letting Shirley use his shop to put a motor in his backup car. Hmmmm.....

Brian has also been staying at Kyles shop prior to Golden Isles. Bronson has also stays at Brians shop in the past. Nothing to see here.

TJHTA42
02-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Watching it on tv,it looks to me that left axle broke and turned him into wall.With his foot still in the throttle the car climbed the wall hench flipping him.

slmcrewchief99
02-03-2019, 11:08 AM
I said it in another post and was told I was wrong. Everyone better look again at it again. Oneal was the guy that shot under him and Brian turned right and lost it. Brian has pictures on Facebook and Bronson gets him AFTER he hit the wall. You can see that big DeKalb sticker on Oneals car as they get together and see the bent quarter panel under that caution.

billetbirdcage
02-03-2019, 04:00 PM
Track crew sprayed it because it was leaking. I thought all these high roller upgrades were supposed to prevent that?

A complete guess on my part, but I'd imagine the tank it's self wasn't leaking but some fuel lines that got ripped off or broken fittings. IMO the fuel cells with the proper rollover valves/flaps failing is very rare, yet they allow aluminum AN fittings that can snap real easy. The rule should have been all steel fuel line fittings not a $3000.00+ fuel cell requirement.

Again it's my opinion, that lines and fittings failing in wrecks is the largest reason of fuel leakage, not the cells themselves (least ones that have rollover valves/flaps that are in working condition and not bypassed to make putting fuel in and checking fuel levels easier). However I have no data to back that up, just 25 plus years of experience and seeing it happen to make an educated guess.

dirty-white-boy
02-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Looks like he got "squirrelly" going down the backstretch and was heading towards Bloomquist on the bottom and overcorrected too much and got in the wall

Well played!!!