PDA

View Full Version : Stuckey/EPJ/Dunn Benson

Snake X3
02-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Which do you think has had more of an effect on EPJ's success since switching to the Black Diamond house car? Do you think it is due to EPJ driving better and his chemistry with Stuckey, Stuckey's car building/set ups or is it just moving on from Dunn Benson?

I have no idea, but I think it's largely due to Stuckey. I don't think EPJ ever forgot to drive and I don't think it's the fault of Dunn Benson, so it's got to be Stuckey as a car builder and crew chief. I'm interested in what you guys think though.

ZERO25
02-02-2019, 11:10 PM
Stuckey.....they have had a lot of success together!

Mod Runner
02-02-2019, 11:13 PM
The Black Diamond chassis may be a strong contender this year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Prior to the start of last season, I said Earl would improve. Stuckey was the reason. So, I am sticking with that.

formercrewguy
02-03-2019, 11:20 AM
It's the whole package.....Stuckey, the crew, and EPJ. They just meld together.

Illtsate32
02-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Speaking of DB not a good start for Moran.

RaceEngineer
02-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Speaking of DB not a good start for Moran.He did decent night 1 and was pretty fast.

stewart fan
02-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Devin moran is not Bobby Pierce ,so dont expect much from that team this year

dirtcrazy4u
02-03-2019, 01:40 PM
I believe it was mentioned Stuckey wasn't there.

TS FAN
02-03-2019, 02:28 PM
It's the whole package.....Stuckey, the crew, and EPJ. They just meld together.

Ditto!!! Simple as that

Zonks32x
02-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Speaking of DB not a good start for Moran.

Let's take an apples to apples look:
Moran at Golden Isles in his first two races with DB
8th and 13th, avg finish 10.5

Pierce at Golden Isles in his first two Lucas races with DB (remember he had the week in AZ w/DB prior to Lucas opener)
18th and 7th, avg finish 12.5

It's only two races, but since you want to put Devin under the microscope...the results say Devin's been better.😂

TS FAN
02-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Moran and Pierce are both great young drivers. However Pierce is already quite accomplished for his age. Moran will do fine and I will be pulling for him too.

MI Dirt Fan
02-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Seems like EPJ and DB just got stale and they both needed to go different directions.

RRRKKK
02-03-2019, 02:52 PM
OK I should know this, but at one time a Black Diamond was a modified Masterbuilt. Is it Stuckys own chassis or someone else who he modifiys?

jog49
02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Seems Pearson got complacent with mid-pack finishes at DB and got some pressure to perform better.

billetbirdcage
02-03-2019, 03:53 PM
OK I should know this, but at one time a Black Diamond was a modified Masterbuilt. Is it Stuckys own chassis or someone else who he modifiys?

It started with lanigan leaving rocket to make his own cars, partnered with Stuckey to build cars. They were lanigans version of a rocket (club 29), if you bought a complete car it was a club 29 and you got lanigan's help if you bought it as an incomplete car (more or less, but that statement isn't 100% correct but gives the idea) then you bought a black diamond and got Stuckey's help.

The cars then progressed from there.

Note: it was a little more complicated then that but that gives the basic idea of it.

NormP
02-03-2019, 03:57 PM

Well as it has already been mentioned, since we're basing our predictions off of two races, Moran is off to a better start.

Snake X3
02-03-2019, 04:15 PM
It started with lanigan leaving rocket to make his own cars, partnered with Stuckey to build cars. They were lanigans version of a rocket (club 29), if you bought a complete car it was a club 29 and you got lanigan's help if you bought it as an incomplete car (more or less, but that statement isn't 100% correct but gives the idea) then you bought a black diamond and got Stuckey's help.

The cars then progressed from there.

Note: it was a little more complicated then that but that gives the basic idea of it.

Thanks for that info. I was wondering how that worked.

I don't think you can really compare Moran and Pierce after two races. I do think it is interesting that EPJ has emerged as a front runner since joining Stuckey's house car program. People may not remember, but he was running Black Diamonds with Dunn Benson a few years back and didn't do very well. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the issue is more than just Stuckey and that the Dunn Benson team is really struggling to compete at a high level no matter who is driving.

BTExpress
02-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Speaking of Lanigan, is he now building the "new" Club 29 from scratch at his own shop or does he have someone else building them for him and then putting his own touches on them like he did with Stuckey????

billetbirdcage
02-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Speaking of Lanigan, is he now building the "new" Club 29 from scratch at his own shop or does he have someone else building them for him and then putting his own touches on them like he did with Stuckey????

The separation from black diamond has been coming for a long time. Well over a year ago Lanigan had someone build a jig for him, but nothing came of it for a long time as far as I know. He is building cars or least starting too as far as I know but who or where I'm not 100% sure. I do believe that only club cars will be built and there won't be more then one chassis almost the same being built by the same person/entity.

Not really going to get into the rumors as to why the separation as it's just that rumors and probably only part of the story. I do think most of it involved around the original business plan morphed into something completely different and wasn't what Darrell really wanted. Again may not be 100% accurate but gives the basic idea without adding rumors, non public info or whatnot.

WildBill32
02-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Moran off to a better start then Bobby? Lol.. Bobby has all ready won the first 3 A-Mains out West. And was leading two more A-Mains before something happend. As they say... $hit happens...

zyoung25
02-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Moran off to a better start then Bobby? Lol.. Bobby has all ready won the first 3 A-Mains out West. And was leading two more A-Mains before something happend. As they say... $hit happens...

they were referring to last year, not this year.

Thedoctor
02-03-2019, 05:15 PM
And...... so much for a thread about Stuckey / EPJ / and EPJs past with db. Time for 5 pages of bull as per usual.

Zonks32x
02-03-2019, 05:43 PM
I think team chemistry is the key.
Earl has always been good behind the wheel.
Nobody is going to argue against Stuckey and his abilities to set up a car either.

But...put a group of talented people together who are all rowing the boat in the same direction and good things happen.

They're off to a great start in '19 and I expect it to continue.

WildBill32
02-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Moran is a great wheel man that's 4 sure. I hope that the DB team gets over the UMP/WOO thing. There is alot of money to be had outside of Lucus Oil. And let that chemistry really get going. Not so sure about that Ford motor program though.

chopter
02-03-2019, 06:26 PM
someone should keep a running total of the threads ruined/hijacked by the pierce family and friends for this year.

JOSHUA31
02-03-2019, 07:40 PM
What is Stucky's health issues?

rdcllk
02-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Idk.. Sure hope it's nothing serious
I feel EPJ and Sticky. Are a good match
They know each other well. And that help them to work together... Wish nothing but the best for them.
Hopefully Dunn-Benson can turn things around with Moran

ZERO25
02-03-2019, 09:45 PM
What is Stucky's health issues?

It started out as esophagitis, then he developed a stomach infection.

adamconners
02-04-2019, 05:47 AM
This pairing has a legit chance to win the championship. Hope Stuckey is doing better! Anyone know what's wrong?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-04-2019, 09:06 AM

Let's take an apples to apples look:
Moran at Golden Isles in his first two races with DB
8th and 13th, avg finish 10.5

Pierce at Golden Isles in his first two Lucas races with DB (remember he had the week in AZ w/DB prior to Lucas opener)
18th and 7th, avg finish 12.5

It's only two races, but since you want to put Devin under the microscope...the results say Devin's been better.Darn it Zonks, don’t go using actual facts.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Stuckey, I think that is the secret. They just click and are a good fit.

TerryM
02-04-2019, 09:52 AM
EPJ won the million, after 5 pit stops. That was Ronnie at his best. And EPJ was great this weekend at his home track. Both are destined for the HOF, but I’d put them at different levels of HOF. Ronnie is in the discussion for GOAT at what he does, IMO.

TheEngineer
02-04-2019, 10:07 AM
He had an issue with esophagitis, and then a complication with an infection after a minor surgery. He is recovering well after a second procedure to repair damage. The Dr. needed him to stay near the hospital in Houston for a cpl weeks in case of any further complications. As for the GOAT discussion, his resume speaks volumes. He is one of the smartest people I have ever known, and truly an awesome person!

Josh Bayko
02-04-2019, 10:29 AM
Moran is a great wheel man that's 4 sure. I hope that the DB team gets over the UMP/WOO thing. There is alot of money to be had outside of Lucus Oil. And let that chemistry really get going. Not so sure about that Ford motor program though.

Moran has the Twarog ride for that UMP/WoO stuff.

Barbecueboy
02-04-2019, 10:52 PM
Moran has the Twarog ride for that UMP/WoO stuff.

And see it staying that way....Don't see the DB guys ever getting over something they didn't do unless there is an apology public or private from wrg.

I tried to quote the post from terrym and couldn't , he and I don't agree on much but that post was a mouthful......100% agree.