02-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Changing bullets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rocket1_Racing/status/1092164593957433344/photo/2

adamconners
02-04-2019, 05:50 AM
Not good if having to change after two races

Krooser
02-04-2019, 06:40 AM
May not be a problem as much as they may be changing to a bigger ir smaller combo...

Josh Bayko
02-04-2019, 08:25 AM
May not be a problem as much as they may be changing to a bigger ir smaller combo...

That might make some sense. EB won’t require nearly the same HP as GI.

Drop Shock
02-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Well they have been down there testing for like 2 weeks...

Dlmfan123
02-04-2019, 10:55 AM
Well they have been down there testing for like 2 weeks...That’s my thought as well.

MI Dirt Fan
02-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Will there ever be another new chassis design from Rocket? Like an XR2?

Pennsboro23
02-04-2019, 11:21 AM

I'm sure at some point.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-04-2019, 12:13 PM

Yea as soon as rumley finishes his car!😁

Dlmfan123
02-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Will there ever be another new chassis design from Rocket? Like an XR2?I wonder where the name “xr1” came from?

MI Dirt Fan
02-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Yea as soon as rumley finishes his car!

I heard it's at Cape Canaveral

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-04-2019, 01:12 PM
I heard it's at Cape Canaveral

Yep its being finished up and getn ready for screven!

chupp n bloomer fan
02-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Yea as soon as rumley finishes his car!He’ll have to make Longhorn a new one first. Then possibly some input into a new Rocket.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-04-2019, 04:41 PM
He already has!

ZERO25
02-04-2019, 08:19 PM
He already has!

he better get busy!.... LH 0-3!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-04-2019, 09:05 PM
he better get busy!.... LH 0-3!

No worries. They'll be chasing the RUMLEY shortly

chupp n bloomer fan
02-05-2019, 04:34 AM
He already has!Then I really don’t see the issue if he helps Rocket. Everyone makes a big deal about Rocket and Rumley. He’s the only reason Longhorn is relevant. I’m not saying Longhorn doesn’t have good people, but the cars themselves without Rumley were not good.

dirtcrazy4u
02-05-2019, 05:36 AM
SLM are at the point of, you have what everyone else has. Rockets have been on everyone's tables for awhile. Like it or not. They are the chassis to have, your club 29 and black Diamond both come out of a xr-1 table. Lanigan and Stuckey put there personal touches on them. Today it's all about crew chiefs and bank accounts. Terbo is on a tear, though it's been only 3 races. T-mac is working on a new shock package, he and the Penske guys get him dialed in, lookout. Warrior wants back in the game, Mastersbuilt wants to be great again, and CJ wants everyone to see, I can still do it. Those 3 only have to hire a top wheelman, can anyone say overton, and spend countless dollars and they will be great again. Team rocket figured that out long ago and look where they are today. Mark Richards and Steve Baker figured it out . Spend and you to can be on top.

kidrock
02-05-2019, 06:59 AM
I thought T-mac was with Bilstein and not Penske?

Pennsboro23
02-05-2019, 07:02 AM
I thought T-mac was with Bilstein and not Penske?

He is with Bilstein.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Yea they were slugs before rumley came along

dirtcrazy4u
02-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the correction guys. I thought he went with penske. My bad.

JustAddDirt
02-05-2019, 01:56 PM
SLM are at the point of, you have what everyone else has. Rockets have been on everyone's tables for awhile. Like it or not. They are the chassis to have, your club 29 and black Diamond both come out of a xr-1 table. Lanigan and Stuckey put there personal touches on them. Today it's all about crew chiefs and bank accounts. Terbo is on a tear, though it's been only 3 races. T-mac is working on a new shock package, he and the Penske guys get him dialed in, lookout. Warrior wants back in the game, Mastersbuilt wants to be great again, and CJ wants everyone to see, I can still do it. Those 3 only have to hire a top wheelman, can anyone say overton, and spend countless dollars and they will be great again. Team rocket figured that out long ago and look where they are today. Mark Richards and Steve Baker figured it out . Spend and you to can be on top.

The Black Diamond/ Club 29 is not a derivative of an XR-1. I believe the original BD/C29 was a Blue front end Rocket. Lanigan wanted a specific car and Rocket would not build it, and he and Stucky got together, and another chassis brand emerged.

MI Dirt Fan
02-05-2019, 02:21 PM
Lanigan wanted a specific car and Rocket would not build it, and he and Stucky got together, and another chassis brand emerged.

Like the meeting of Smith and Wesson

MI Dirt Fan
02-06-2019, 01:25 AM
I was reading the write up on DoD and it was talking about Rocket1 winning 3 consecutive East Bay opener events streak ending. It goes talking about how Mark said that is the car back at the shop with 175 starts on it and it still looks brand new.

RaceEngineer
02-06-2019, 05:36 AM
I was reading the write up on DoD and it was talking about Rocket1 winning 3 consecutive East Bay opener events streak ending. It goes talking about how Mark said that is the car back at the shop with 175 starts on it and it still looks brand new.Brand new after a bunch of work. B Shepp tore it up pretty good last year and they made the type of repairs you can make in the pits, 1000 miles from home.

RaceEngineer
02-06-2019, 05:41 AM
Stories on DoD are even more fun to read when you know the real story vs. the published story. DoD tries so hard to stay out of the mud, you often miss the meat. If there is a comment by a driver that seems a little out of place with the tone of the story, that's where the real story is. This is not really related to this topic, but reminded me of it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Brand new after a bunch of work. B Shepp tore it up pretty good last year and they made the type of repairs you can make in the pits, 1000 miles from home.

Anybody w common sence knows that isnt like new after 175 races unless there going thru car and replacing everthing bent or broke and that includes repainting stuff. Idc what rocket says.

MI Dirt Fan
02-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Cagefaraday *cough* I mean RaceEngineer. You sound so angry when you post. I don't have an opinion on the how many starts Rocket1 has on 1 car. Just passing along info on what I read. Sheesh. Calm down.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2019, 09:40 AM
Anybody w common sence knows that isnt like new after 175 races unless there going thru car and replacing everthing bent or broke and that includes repainting stuff. Idc what rocket says.You are correct, anyone with common sense knows after 175 races, and running for championships, with a top notch house car team, the car is not exactly as it was untouched. But that’s common sense, with no agenda, ole RaceEngineer is kinda lacking in them departments.

If it was reported that the car is untouched, original body, all original parts, then yeah, doesn’t pass the sniff test. But simply stating the chassis has 175 races on it, there’s nothing to read into it. I know the person who has like number 6, over 50 races, nothing wrong with it. Do I infer he just parks it, and then just fires it up and runs it, doesn’t check or replace stuff, no. Common sense and experience tells you to always check your stuff, a lot of races are won in the shop.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Cagefaraday *cough* I mean RaceEngineer. You sound so angry when you post. I don't have an opinion on the how many starts Rocket1 has on 1 car. Just passing along info on what I read. Sheesh. Calm down.Whatever fits an agenda.

Highside Hustler25
02-06-2019, 11:33 AM
I was reading the write up on DoD and it was talking about Rocket1 winning 3 consecutive East Bay opener events streak ending. It goes talking about how Mark said that is the car back at the shop with 175 starts on it and it still looks brand new.

Brand new after a bunch of work. B Shepp tore it up pretty good last year and they made the type of repairs you can make in the pits, 1000 miles from home.

99% sure that chassis that is sitting back at the shop has been completely tore down and every part replaced. I would imagine it does look brand new.

MI Dirt Fan
02-06-2019, 11:38 AM
I'm sure parts have been replaced. No one is arguing that isn't true.

Jking24
02-06-2019, 11:50 AM
I believe mark is referencing the chassis. Not the parts mainly the fact that it is not bent or cracked. Pre xr1 cars rocket cars usually had some cracks before 175 starts

MI Dirt Fan
02-06-2019, 12:53 PM
I believe mark is referencing the chassis.

No one wants to acknowledge that part. The chassis has 175 starts not the entire car rolling minus the drive line. lol

RaceEngineer
02-06-2019, 02:44 PM
My take away was we were talking about the chassis. When you have to put the j bar mount back in the car and other structural pieces, it's been rebuilt. It's not the same as new. I can do that to a 1990 Rayburn .JKing24 gets the meat of the story. That narrative is used to tell people the car will last. It isn't a new piece every 8 weeks Disco car.

Krooser
02-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Looking at the Black Diamond parts list last year looks like they were using Mastersbilt S7 spindles on their cars...

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2019, 03:30 PM
I believe mark is referencing the chassis. Not the parts mainly the fact that it is not bent or cracked. Pre xr1 cars rocket cars usually had some cracks before 175 startsPrecisely.

RaceEngineer
02-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Precisely.And you made it something else. Not me.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2019, 06:03 PM
And you made it something else. Not me.Lol. Every dam time someone brings up the Rocket house car and how it has XYZ races on it, you gotta chime in with some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty comment because it’s the Rocket Devil.

If you’d have not had the track record you do of always bitching about Rocket, I wouldn’t have assumed you miraculously grew some sense when it came to Rocket. But I guess you have. And pretty much anyone on here can vouch for your full blown chubby for Rocket.

MI Dirt Fan
02-06-2019, 08:45 PM
Yea. Cagefaraday *cough* I mean RaceEngineer.

RaceEngineer
02-07-2019, 10:00 AM
The chassis got whacked. That is what I was talking about. You guys dove off the bridge to argue with me. I found it all funny that you would even think I am talking about body damage. I'm not Ben Shelton.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2019, 10:53 AM
The chassis got whacked. That is what I was talking about. You guys dove off the bridge to argue with me. I found it all funny that you would even think I am talking about body damage. I'm not Ben Shelton.I was being a smart a$$, now you’re going to act like at every chance you get you don’t whine about Rocket. Jesus, do people read what they type, or forget they typed it and it’s there for us all to see.

Ben Shelton
02-07-2019, 11:06 AM
That moment when your name randomly shows up in a thread, and you have no idea why lol

- Ben

MI Dirt Fan
02-07-2019, 11:08 AM
That moment when your name randomly shows up in a thread, and you have no idea why lol

- Ben
I was wondering what you had anything to do with it lol

NormP
02-07-2019, 01:59 PM

- Ben

Don't worry about these jokers. I enjoy your stuff.