PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between MAVTV and Lucas Oil Racing TV?

2thextreme
02-10-2019, 03:09 AM
I was on the app last night and I kept getting knocked off and would have to push "PLAY" many different times in order to get to see the finale at Eastbay. I'm not sure what the issue was. I bet I had to do this probably 30+ times to "reconnect" to the race itself. I think Friday and Saturday was touted to be covered by "MAVTV" rather than LORTV. I thought MAVTV and LORTV was sort of "one and the same"...Thanks in advance!

bigq11
02-10-2019, 06:17 AM
MAVTV is a broadcast channel same as all the other channels on broadcast TV. I believe LORTV is a streaming service.

2thextreme
02-10-2019, 06:29 AM
MAVTV is a broadcast channel same as all the other channels on broadcast TV. I believe LORTV is a streaming service.Thanks bigq11...much appreciated!

kidrock
02-10-2019, 07:24 AM
MAVTV is a broadcast channel same as all the other channels on broadcast TV. I believe LORTV is a streaming service.

Exactly and that's why we seen more commercials and non racing related.

chasefrehley
02-10-2019, 09:36 AM
Can't watch either if you stream service per say, PsVue, HULU etc... They both need to get with the times and make apps available for all types of services, AppleTV is huge in streaming service and neither have an app for download.

huskerdirt
02-10-2019, 09:43 AM
I was on the app last night and I kept getting knocked off and would have to push "PLAY" many different times in order to get to see the finale at Eastbay. I'm not sure what the issue was. I bet I had to do this probably 30+ times to "reconnect" to the race itself. I think Friday and Saturday was touted to be covered by "MAVTV" rather than LORTV. I thought MAVTV and LORTV was sort of "one and the same"...Thanks in advance!

The kinda are. Every show you see on mavtv outside of movies they play. You can see on Lucas oil tv.

It would cost me $200 a year more to get mavtv. I’ll stick with the Lucas oil subscription.

TDRacin®
02-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Can't watch either if you stream service per say, PsVue, HULU etc... They both need to get with the times and make apps available for all types of services, AppleTV is huge in streaming service and neither have an app for download.

LORTV has an app, not for every single streaming device, but the most common. Here you can see the streaming devices they support. And in any case, you can always find ways to stream on any given device with a web browser app.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/devices

Tireguy17
02-10-2019, 06:28 PM
I’ll say this.....I don’t like Bob Dillner taking air time away from James Essex. Dillner is a tar announcer stretching to be relevant in dirt with James.

2thextreme
02-10-2019, 08:31 PM
I'd like to see Brett Emrick at the mic. Is he still around? I'm thinking he is. I was always impressed with his professionalism. I once was a big fan of Essex but not so much anymore. Sometimes, I think he talks too much and I think he is anti-certain other racers. He seems way too biased to me but then again, that is my opinion only. I realize that.

kazual
02-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Dillner gets some big assignments including Knoxville and the Chili Bowl as well as voice over for many of their short track pre-recorded events. I’d say get used to him because the Lucas Oil racing folks seem to like him. He’s ok, just happy MAV did Florida Speed Weeks this year. Kudos to them, thought the coverage was pretty good.

huskerdirt
02-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Dillner catches a lot of flack. But hes still pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good compared to the other guys they have calling races.

Krooser
02-11-2019, 08:50 AM

Actually MAVTV us a cable channel....broadcast TV is what you get with an antenna.