PDA

View Full Version : First Timers

kidkart15
02-14-2019, 08:18 AM
My wife and I are flying in tomorrow to watch the remaining two nights at Volusia. Nvr been to the dirt car nationals, any advice on where to sit, or any thing else worth doing during the down time before the nights show, and etc?

Thanks for any comments or local advice

zyoung25
02-14-2019, 09:09 AM
Get a pit pass and go stand by the Hoosier trailer in 1&2. You get a good sense of the speed they carry into the corner. I was all over that place the year I went. There really isn't a bad seat in the house.

thexfactor0210
02-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Go check out Daytona and/or Ormond Beach. Lot of neat places to eat and walk along the beach. Get to the track around hot laps to secure a good general admission seat if you do not have a reserved ticket. You definitely want to walk around the pits and down by the Gator Pond.

CIRF
02-14-2019, 10:05 AM
Parking and GA seating is much easier and more plentiful if you arrive at the track early. By early I would say 4:30 PM and no later than 5PM. As is the case at most racetracks the higher your seats are the better. Volusia has pretty good sight lines regardless of where you set but obviously somewhere near and behind the flagman's stand is good.

Besides the obvious attractions over in the Daytona area the old section of St. Augustine and the old Spanish fort are nice diversions. Don Garlits museum which is just south of Ocala on I 75 is a great way to spend a couple of hours before heading to the track. If you go south on Rt. 17 to Orange City, which is just south of Deland, you have Blue Springs State Park. If the weather has been a little cool the manatee populate the spring run that empties into the St. Johns river. Even if there aren't any manatee around Blue Springs is a very cool place to spend some time.