PDA

View Full Version : Speedweeks thoughts...

dirt crow
02-16-2019, 10:20 PM
You got a thought on speedweeks, from golden isle thru volusia, put it here....

Thoughts right now on the top of my head - Sheppard is a 4 ft wheelman. Wow. ...Hummer and Spencer got no business being out there with the best of the best. They should be running 4 bangers. ...only reason I’m glad gator week is over - I’m sick of listening to Eshelman. Trying to hard to be funny. The little saying and phrases, gees!!! Made my ears bleed.

TerryM
02-16-2019, 10:24 PM
We got to see every race — 4 in person and the rest on TV. It’s going to be tough going back to regular living now lol.

Rick Eshelman is absolute terrible. At least we won’t have to listen to him anymore for awhile.

427c.i.
02-16-2019, 10:31 PM
If it's true Hummer had a crate engine in the car then that is a crate late model and has no business on the track with Supers. At least not that group of Supers.
Big Block Mods put on some great racing.

jwel
02-16-2019, 10:33 PM
Brunswick was ok, East Bay was very entertaining at times & the Late Models at Volusia were pretty boring. Big blocks we're good and from what I heard sprints were good so can't blame the track. Aero or whatever is a huge problem on bigger tracks for late models. I will not be renewing my full week tickets to Volusia Late Models for 2020.

TerryM
02-16-2019, 10:58 PM
Every late model feature at Volusia was entertaining. The track wasn’t as good tonight, but there was still plenty of passing for most of the race.

dirt crow
02-16-2019, 11:06 PM
I agree that volusia supers heats were boring. Track just to fast early. B mains a bit better. Take Sheppard out of the mix, features were pretty good. But at least Sheppard did have to pass for the wins.

Dlmfan123
02-16-2019, 11:18 PM
We need Blake Anderson doing more late model announcing work

TerryM
02-16-2019, 11:22 PM
We need Blake Anderson doing more late model announcing work
Amen! People who weren’t able to watch, have no idea how true this is.

Krooser
02-17-2019, 12:24 AM
If it's true Hummer had a crate engine in the car then that is a crate late model and has no business on the track with Supers. At least not that group of Supers.
Big Block Mods put on some great racing.

It's a 525 LS built in Rayburns shop... Not a crate. CJ has been a big advocate of the LS platform for years.

Bob Hubbard
02-17-2019, 01:03 AM
Five to go ….. four fingers N a Thumb …..LoL

TBSprintFan
02-17-2019, 01:51 AM
Add in Brent Larson in drivers that have to go. When you have to use 6 provisionals to start the feature in the first 6 races it does not say much for your team. Arnie Ranta would be better off getting Terry Casey to drive his cars again, he at least made a couple of features at East Bay by qualifying through either his heat or the b main.

Heck the WoO Late Model series might as well given Donny Schatz an emergency provisionals too.

stewart fan
02-17-2019, 06:46 AM
I thought volusia woo lms were great til yesterday,modifieds should have run last

In The Gas
02-17-2019, 06:54 AM
Shut the door like a book salesman...lol

Zonks32x
02-17-2019, 09:24 AM
Lucas looks like they may have a points battle...few more races will tell.

The World of B-Shep Late Model Tour, brought to you by Morton Buildings...that's another story.

They were all there at Volusia, and nobody had anything for him.

King1
02-17-2019, 12:03 PM
The metal music before the races, and all the other BS (does not stand for Brandon Sheppard) is just cheesy. I can appreciate the attempt to make it colorful. But no need to cheese it up. The guy at Knoxville is the worst though always trying to tell us what the drivers are saying to themselves. I think its was 09 or 10 all he would say is "(driver to other drivers) you guy can race it out cause I'm gonna reel ya in"
Honestly the announcing in DLM is atrocious.
Anyway my take is, Rocket has it figured out, Tyler Erb needs to be taken seriously, Bloomquist is better off without Cody, CBR cant build a fast race car, Rumley's self flattery top gun video was sent out a little too quick, the announcers dont have to cheese it up to sell it.

dirt crow
02-17-2019, 12:32 PM
The music does need to go before every race. And I’m a metal fan. Something else that’s ran it’s course..... “Coming to you FOURRRRRRRRR WIDEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!”.

ZERO25
02-17-2019, 12:32 PM
Gis was way better than it has been!

Eastbay was great.....esp live in person!

Volusia was good.....except last nite!

Black Diamond cars were horrible at Volusia!

Zonks32x
02-17-2019, 01:44 PM
Add in Brent Larson in drivers that have to go. When you have to use 6 provisionals to start the feature in the first 6 races it does not say much for your team. Arnie Ranta would be better off getting Terry Casey to drive his cars again, he at least made a couple of features at East Bay by qualifying through either his heat or the b main.

Heck the WoO Late Model series might as well given Donny Schatz an emergency provisionals too.

So...do everyone a favor and share with all of us why you have such a deep-held conviction against Larson...seeing as you're bashing the guy on multiple threads.

Did he take your starting RB position in 6th grade football?
Did he steal your girl in high school?
Is your name Rick Eckert?

Has to be a good reason why you are overly butt-hurt over the whole Drydene deal.

davis2902
02-17-2019, 03:51 PM
Eshelman has got to let the nickname crap go.

King1
02-17-2019, 06:22 PM
I think the drydene deal is like the Optima battery an e3 plug deal on the Lucas side. Its money the sanctioning body directs toward somebody just to have another car in the field. Carrier didn't need to run Lucas but Lucas made sure somebody decent got the money to add one more to the count.

champion24
02-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Wish we were racing somewhere in FLA tonight!!

TBSprintFan
02-18-2019, 12:16 AM
So...do everyone a favor and share with all of us why you have such a deep-held conviction against Larson...seeing as you're bashing the guy on multiple threads.

Did he take your starting RB position in 6th grade football?
Did he steal your girl in high school?
Is your name Rick Eckert?

Has to be a good reason why you are overly butt-hurt over the whole Drydene deal.

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/352-general-snowmobile-forum/243181-arnie-ranta.html

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Z0lqXNDyCbGcjgTb8JGgCA&q=arnie+ranta+snowmobile+sales&oq=arnie+ranta&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.0l3j0i22i30l2.2252.9189..10779...0.0..0.122 .1118.5j6......0....1.......5..41j0i131j46j46i131j 46i131i275j46i275j46i10i275j46i10.8NNZTdgJQM8

Zonks32x
02-18-2019, 10:04 PM
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/352-general-snowmobile-forum/243181-arnie-ranta.html

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Z0lqXNDyCbGcjgTb8JGgCA&q=arnie+ranta+snowmobile+sales&oq=arnie+ranta&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.0l3j0i22i30l2.2252.9189..10779...0.0..0.122 .1118.5j6......0....1.......5..41j0i131j46j46i131j 46i131i275j46i275j46i10i275j46i10.8NNZTdgJQM8

So...you bought a used snowmobile and it wasn't everything you hoped/thought it would be.

As a result, in order to feel better about yourself, you're going to bash a DLM driver who happens to be sponsored by the person whose company you bought your sled from. Got it.

Sorry you had a bad garage jewelry buying experience.

TBSprintFan
02-19-2019, 02:07 AM
So...you bought a used snowmobile and it wasn't everything you hoped/thought it would be.

As a result, in order to feel better about yourself, you're going to bash a DLM driver who happens to be sponsored by the person whose company you bought your sled from. Got it.

Sorry you had a bad garage jewelry buying experience.

You asked a question, and I put out some examples.. If you like them, that's fine, just put me on ignore if you don't want to read or like what I post.

dynotimeonly
02-19-2019, 04:23 AM
The whole fast cars start up front concept has run it's course. People pay to watch the hot-dogs drive up thru the pack. NOT drop the green and take off & see if anyone can catch them. I don't think Shepp's car even got dirty all week besides hot lap mud.

dirtcrazy4u
02-19-2019, 05:12 AM
Run your operation as professional as team rocket and I think you'll see improvements. When they pull in to a track, usually one of the first teams, everyone on that team has a job and they are seldom in a frantic situation. Something changes after hot laps and they get prepared for time trails. Mark has a crew like nobody else. Rarely have I seen him turning wrenches. I've always wondered what that team would do if they switched it up and went on the lucas tour for a season.

TerryM
02-19-2019, 05:54 AM
The whole fast cars start up front concept has run it's course. People pay to watch the hot-dogs drive up thru the pack. NOT drop the green and take off & see if anyone can catch them. I don't think Shepp's car even got dirty all week besides hot lap mud.
He didn’t start on the front row every night.

Josh Bayko
02-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Run your operation as professional as team rocket and I think you'll see improvements. When they pull in to a track, usually one of the first teams, everyone on that team has a job and they are seldom in a frantic situation. Something changes after hot laps and they get prepared for time trails. Mark has a crew like nobody else. Rarely have I seen him turning wrenches. I've always wondered what that team would do if they switched it up and went on the lucas tour for a season.

They won third most Lucas races last year in limited action. If they switched tours, I'd expect they'd still be up front.

bleedblue55
02-19-2019, 02:46 PM
My speedweek thoughts

Skipped GI for the 2nd year in a row for the Crates at EB. Even though in rained out the crates, 2 days in Tampa wearing shorts and t-shirts is better than wearing Carhartt's in Brunswick.

East Bay had good racing and fabulous weather for the 2nd year in a row. This is my happy place to deal with the winter blues up north.

Volusia had a little weather hiccup early week but racing was great. Boylan's was on point as usual, believe I ate 5 pork chop sandwiches one day. 2 when I arrived in the afternoon, 2 during the racing and 1 before I left.

Did I mention beer, lots and lots of beer. Hurry up Feb. 2020

champion24
02-19-2019, 08:02 PM
They won third most Lucas races last year in limited action. If they switched tours, I'd expect they'd still be up front.

Mark said the Lucas tire rules keeps them away from Lucas races the most! And their restart rules too. Of course, Rocket 1 would contend for the Lucas title.

TackyTracker
02-20-2019, 03:38 PM
1st time since 09 I think Bloomer didn't win a speedweeks race...

Zonks32x
02-20-2019, 03:40 PM
You asked a question, and I put out some examples.. If you like them, that's fine, just put me on ignore if you don't want to read or like what I post.

I'm not going to put you on ignore. No need for that

I don't have to agree or disagree with someone to value their takes and opinions.

I appreciate the fact you took the time to answer my question. I may not completely understand your level of angst towards the driver, based on the actions of the car owner, but that's ok.

That's all part of being a race fan...free to cheer/boo whoever you want, when you want, why you want.

Dlmfan123
02-20-2019, 03:57 PM
1st time since 09 I think Bloomer didn't win a speedweeks race...It’s been 12 years

Kromulous
02-20-2019, 06:32 PM
Observations from Voulsia only.

Bshepp was seriously fast. He could drive under or around anyone at will, very unusual to see a car that good.

Bloomquist not winning is a nothing burger, but i will say this, after his Interview on Friday night when he remarked at how well the competition was running and how good the competitors were it was the first time i ever heard him talk so well about another Driver or Team. I thought that was worth noting.

I thought Madden look really good in the Capital. He will win his fair share this year.

CBR still looks kind of out to lunch. I mean its really hard to F'up a XR1, and sure as the world they have them looking like them break done Club 29s cars they had last year. All yaw'd out and will not go FWD. Oneal was better on a couple nights but thats about it.

Lannigan was a big surprise, he rolled that ride right up to the front a couple nights.

dirtcrazy4u
02-21-2019, 05:23 AM
You have to give CBR some time before making judgements like that. I do agree if they don't start to get it together by the time the tracks start to slick up they need to look at who is making the decisions on these xr1 cars. I don't think Josh will put up with cars not set up correctly. If the case your going to see crew changes or he may vacate the seat.