PDA

View Full Version : Rocket and the Richards

kazual
02-17-2019, 09:53 AM
Just for fun, no need to get anyone’s feeling hurt or to throw darts. Your opinion, does Josh go back to the house car some time in the future? Good team on a roll, well funded, committed, and a very good driver at current. In the end does family outweigh other considerations?

Barbecueboy
02-17-2019, 10:02 AM
I think he ends up back there eventually......one thing is for sure though, Josh doesn't need to be in rocket 1 to win and as witnessed rocket 1 is fully capable of winning without Josh behind the wheel of it.

TerryM
02-17-2019, 10:11 AM
It’ll eventually be his company, so of course he’ll be sitting in the seat at some point. It’s just a matter of when.

Barbecueboy
02-17-2019, 10:54 AM
If and when he owns it I don't see him driving at that time.......I think he gets back there sooner than that as a driver.

If the rocket guys ever do a two car house team with Josh and Bshepp it will be lights out and everyone will be playing catch up.....those two drivers are about as confident and polished as you can get right about now.

King1
02-17-2019, 11:49 AM
I'll spin it this way. Josh and Brandon are two baddest MF's in dirt cars but CBR isn't capable of making race cars go fast. CBR made Davenport, Lanigan, Babb, Francis, and even Oneal look bad. The common denominator is CBR.
Randall Edwards is the common denominator at BPM, and Mark Richards is the common denominator at Rocket

ZERO25
02-17-2019, 12:29 PM
Im sure Josh will be behind the wheel of rocket1 sometime soon. Whatever rift caused the separation will be forgotten about.

I also believe they will be better off. You can always learn something new working with other teams and crew chiefs!

WisWildManFan
02-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Josh keeps hopping to other teams and building relationships... smart business move to me

Josh Bayko
02-17-2019, 03:05 PM
Josh keeps hopping to other teams and building relationships... smart business move to me

Yep. I’ve been thinking this Josh team hopping stuff is networking for the future.

dirtcrazy4u
02-17-2019, 04:09 PM
Josh wants to be on the lucas tour. Team rocket does not. I don't disagree about building relationships, mark does. He's burned a few bridges and he undoubtedly can tell when a drivers abilities start to decline. Chubzilla comes to mind as one. That in itself is another story. Will he ever come back to team blue ? Who knows ? If there could be a 2 car team, 1 on the lucas tour and 1 woo or a 2 car deal with the second car picking and choosing where to race. I think he would embrace the idea. I'm sure somebody knows the answer to this. What does Josh do at rocket during the down time ?

Dlmfan123
02-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Josh wants to be on the lucas tour. Team rocket does not. I don't disagree about building relationships, mark does. He's burned a few bridges and he undoubtedly can tell when a drivers abilities start to decline. Chubzilla comes to mind as one. That in itself is another story. Will he ever come back to team blue ? Who knows ? If there could be a 2 car team, 1 on the lucas tour and 1 woo or a 2 car deal with the second car picking and choosing where to race. I think he would embrace the idea. I'm sure somebody knows the answer to this. What does Josh do at rocket during the down time ?Nothing he lives out in Ohio now

Zonks32x
02-17-2019, 05:37 PM
Maybe son doesn't want Dad's business.

Maybe his long-term life goals, dreams, and ambitions don't involve selling bent tubing designed to drive fast on clay.

Maybe, son and Dad are perfectly happy working together, but doing so from a distance.

Maybe, their plan all along was for Dad to sell cars in the short-term by winning now and for son to sell cars long-term by building relationships now.

dirtcrazy4u
02-17-2019, 05:38 PM
NOTHING ? WOW. That surprises me. If it's nothing then I think that could toss the building of relationship 's out the window. Mark may never want to give up the power seat. Look at CJ and bwrc. They are great builders but not in the same league with Rocket today. Sometimes blood can't work together no matter what. Shame if that's the case.

MUD MAESTRO
02-17-2019, 05:54 PM

Could be more than that......Maybe Josh wanted more control of his career. Sometime we parents get in the way of our childrens growth. Kid Rocket is no longer a kid. Believe me, it's hard to be the son of a successful father.

WisWildManFan
02-17-2019, 09:24 PM
When’s he gets in something other than a rocket I’ll believe more of the conspiracies

Mod Runner
02-17-2019, 11:23 PM
Maybe Josh is looking for a way to get into Nascar to run the superspeedways.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-18-2019, 01:17 AM
If and when he owns it I don't see him driving at that time.......I think he gets back there sooner than that as a driver.

If the rocket guys ever do a two car house team with Josh and Bshepp it will be lights out and everyone will be playing catch up.....those two drivers are about as confident and polished as you can get right about now.

Ummmm this is a very well said post. I believe you are 100% correct

Highside Hustler25
02-18-2019, 04:23 AM
If the rocket guys ever do a three car house team with Bobby, Josh and Bshepp it will be lights out and everyone will be playing catch up.....those three drivers are about as confident and polished as you can get right about now.

Ummmmmm, this is a very well said post. I believe you are 100% correct.

Barbecueboy
02-18-2019, 06:49 AM
You drag underdog into the conversation that isn't even in his neighborhood and you wonder why people think your just another insecure posse?

Highside Hustler25
02-18-2019, 12:22 PM
let me pass you a tissue:(

Barbecueboy
02-18-2019, 12:30 PM
So youre the one with the bloody nose and I need a tissue?

No thanks on the offer but thanks for bolstering my point.

ZERO25
02-18-2019, 02:09 PM
You drag underdog into the conversation that isn't even in his neighborhood and you wonder why people think your just another insecure posse?

Im sure Mark and his boys will pass on the Triple Threat Team. They know how to build quarter panels and spoilers quickly, they don't need any practice! :)

chupp n bloomer fan
02-18-2019, 04:26 PM
So youre the one with the bloody nose and I need a tissue?

No thanks on the offer but thanks for bolstering my point.Guess we are back to being teenagers and editing people’s posts, I guess if the shoe fits.

bleedblue55
02-18-2019, 04:44 PM
https://twitter.com/Rocket1_Racing/status/1097594435418931200

Barbecueboy
02-18-2019, 06:13 PM
https://twitter.com/Rocket1_Racing/status/1097594435418931200

Gator pond in West Virginia......that's just impressive as he!!.

Madcat
02-18-2019, 06:31 PM
What is the story as to why Josh isn’t already driving the house car? I’ve wondered this since he came back. Just because he wants to run Lucas and Rocket wants to run WoO doesn’t hold enough weight to be the only reason.

huskerdirt
02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
I don’t see Josh going back to house car for probably another 5 years.

ZERO25
02-18-2019, 08:02 PM
What is the story as to why Josh isn’t already driving the house car? I’ve wondered this since he came back. Just because he wants to run Lucas and Rocket wants to run WoO doesn’t hold enough weight to be the only reason.

The only thing I have saw posted was the interview with Bshep after the announcement. The words told to Bshep were...."take the ride, I screwed up"! (those are bsheps words according to the interview)

Barbecueboy
02-18-2019, 08:03 PM
What makes you think that is the timeline? Just curious.

dalemcfan
02-18-2019, 08:24 PM
Don’t forget Steve Baker has ownership in Rocket too. Not everything goes to Josh

kidrock
02-18-2019, 08:34 PM
Im sure Mark and his boys will pass on the Triple Threat Team. They know how to build quarter panels and spoilers quickly, they don't need any practice! :)

I would trade a piece of aluminum for a 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, 40,000 50,000 or 100,000 pay day any day of the week lol

Barbecueboy
02-18-2019, 09:05 PM
Rescuing a guy that was lamely brought into a conversation that he has no business being in ......no insecurities there, noooooooo. Lmao.

huskerdirt
02-18-2019, 10:40 PM
What makes you think that is the timeline? Just curious.

I listened to Josh speak last year at the Knoxville HoF during the late model show. He touched on the separation a bit. The conclusion I got was that Josh wanted to do his own thing.... right his own chapter. Ever since he was 14, the relationship with his dad was always driver/owner, not father/son. He wanted and is getting that father/son more so now than ever.

He will be back eventually. But I believe all 3 think they have a pretty good thing going now.

FWIW, my respect for Josh went through the roof after listening to speak.

Zonks32x
02-18-2019, 10:53 PM
I listened to Josh speak last year at the Knoxville HoF during the late model show. He touched on the separation a bit. The conclusion I got was that Josh wanted to do his own thing.... right his own chapter. Ever since he was 14, the relationship with his dad was always driver/owner, not father/son. He wanted and is getting that father/son more so now than ever.

He will be back eventually. But I believe all 3 think they have a pretty good thing going now.

FWIW, my respect for Josh went through the roof after listening to speak.

Thanks for sharing. Is that speech online anywhere by chance?

Think we take it for granted sometimes b/c how easy some of these kids make it look, but has to be a ton of pressure on kids like Richards, B-Shepp, Bobby, Hudson O'Neal, Moran, Moyer jrjr

TackyTracker
02-19-2019, 12:27 AM
I think we all love our son's but in business Brandon is a better driver than Josh so I'd stay with Shepp in the house car for as long as he wanted it

chupp n bloomer fan
02-19-2019, 09:39 AM
Josh simply wanted to do his own thing. And I 100% get it and understand it. I know others who feel exactly the same way.

I think Brandon and Josh are almost as equal as can be as drivers personally.

Jking24
02-19-2019, 10:42 AM
Josh simply wanted to do his own thing. And I 100% get it and understand it. I know others who feel exactly the same way. I think Brandon and Josh are almost as equal as can be as drivers personally. couldn't agree more the only difference is that blue team is just better right nowAnd rightfully so. This is their fourth year third straight together

Josh Bayko
02-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Josh simply wanted to do his own thing. And I 100% get it and understand it. I know others who feel exactly the same way.

I think Brandon and Josh are almost as equal as can be as drivers personally.

They're definitely about as equal as drivers as it gets. I mean, the transition from Josh to Brandon in the house car was seamless with no drop off in results whatsoever.

Madcat
02-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Great info here and thank you for chiming in everyone on the "separation". Its interesting because a driver who comes to mind that didn't split is Blankenship. Now he's done racing.

Heard he owns a campground in TN now solo and believe his dad is out of prison but lost the senate race last year in WV.

WisWildManFan
02-19-2019, 12:05 PM
The real question is can josh finally make a bowyer car a contender night in night out

stewart fan
02-19-2019, 01:06 PM
The difference between shep and josh is josh was pretty near dominate in the car before he left brandon is not quite there yet but he is a great driver

kazual
02-19-2019, 03:25 PM
If I had to make a bet would agree with the five year prediction give or take one.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-19-2019, 04:00 PM
Great info here and thank you for chiming in everyone on the "separation". Its interesting because a driver who comes to mind that didn't split is Blankenship. Now he's done racing.

Heard he owns a campground in TN now solo and believe his dad is out of prison but lost the senate race last year in WV.He never served any time. Got off. John I think is running I wanna say Bear Cove Cabins or something along them lines. Was on his car, him and his wife.

bleedblue55
02-19-2019, 04:48 PM
He never served any time. Got off. John I think is running I wanna say Bear Cove Cabins or something along them lines. Was on his car, him and his wife.

Yes Don Blankenship did serve time in federal prison, in Arizona I believe, as he was found guilty of several charges. He got off easy compared to what could have been. If I remember correctly he did 2 yrs and then went on a home confinement stint. He's probably free to go by now. He wasn't allowed on the ballot in WV when running for US Senate because of his felony conviction.

Madcat
02-19-2019, 05:58 PM
sad thing is Jon was a good driver too! I remember his last DTWC dad and I were sitting on the golf cart drinking beers by pit gate and he pulled in with the hauler and about 10 guys his age hanging out all the windows just honking the horn and having a good time. Seemed like they were just out to have some fun and he turned out to be pretty decent too.

FWIW his dad is the scum of the earth. Sh*t he has a documentary on him, and unfortunately this one is all accurate...