PDA

View Full Version : Integra double adjustable non canister shocks

langdonracing48
02-17-2019, 07:50 PM
This 2010 Rayburn combo car I bought came with new Integra double adjustable non canister shocks. One shock per corner, and he has a chain in front of left rear. Was just doing some reading, should I be running a pop up shock in front on the left rear? What about the chain? Run it on top of the axle or ditch it completely? Is the pop up shock a special valving or what's the deal on that? New to this so any help is much appreciated.

RaceEngineer
02-17-2019, 08:15 PM
This 2010 Rayburn combo car I bought came with new Integra double adjustable non canister shocks. One shock per corner, and he has a chain in front of left rear. Was just doing some reading, should I be running a pop up shock in front on the left rear? What about the chain? Run it on top of the axle or ditch it completely? Is the pop up shock a special valving or what's the deal on that? New to this so any help is much appreciated.The chain should be attached to the axle. Not something with a non linear motion ratio like the birdcage.A pop-up shock is not necessary, but might be helpful for an inexperienced driver.

RaceEngineer
02-17-2019, 08:17 PM
A pop-up shock is a shock that typically has a lot of compression, little rebound, and a lot of rod pressure from high gas pressure.

langdonracing48
02-17-2019, 08:33 PM
I've got a ton of racing experience, just not in a late model. I'm a mod guy. I was just reading an Integra shock guide and it talks like you run something along the lines of a 5/3 or 6/3 behind the lr with about 30# of nitrogen, then run the pop up in front with upwards of 250# in the slick. Im racing a pretty slick track this year.