PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice

TerryM
02-18-2019, 12:07 PM
I hope everyone realizes how much work and time a whole lot of selfless people put into this sport to build the product we all end up seeing and loving on the track. This isn’t the NFL, MLB OR NBA — or even the dying NASCAR — where billions of advertisers’ dollars combine to make so many rich.

The backbone of our sport is people with real jobs during the week, who spend 40 or more weekends a year away from their children, their spouses, and their normal lives, in order to make this sport thrive. Most go unnoticed; never even thought of ... but the sacrifice these people make is immeasurable. They deserve a shoutout.

latemodelman
02-18-2019, 03:42 PM
So true. They work 40 to 50 hours a week at a job and work 40 or so hours a week on a racecar. Then race Friday and Saturday

TS FAN
02-18-2019, 04:04 PM
Those are the kind of guys, I have always known. I was around a long time before Dirt LM racing could be a full time living.

huskerdirt
02-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Great post Terry!!!!

lazyifoto
02-18-2019, 05:16 PM
I have said for years dirt racing is Blue-collar racing. This is not a corporate America sport. This is men and women that chase this sport that work for a living or did and are now retired . Sure some of these people will sit and watch a big nascar race because racing is in our blood and alot of us have seen local dirt racers either make it into NASCAR or leave nascar and come back to dirt...A lot of the company's you see on these cars are still family owned mom and pop businesses where a family chooses to sponsor a car, not some big corporate boardroom full of stuffed shirts that have to run it up the flagpole and see what happens.

Barbecueboy
02-18-2019, 06:08 PM
To add a small sidebar to Terry's great post , the hardcore fans , sponsors and their families that drive all over the countryside at the drop of a hat to get to the next race should be commended too.

Like each other or not sometimes ,we are all part of the same fraternity......and there's not a whole lot I would change or do different.

fastford
02-18-2019, 07:08 PM
great posts fellows , i agree with all of you , hope in a few years , we can get out and travel the region some again , not that i dont enjoy just racing local because we have a great track and good people , but i also miss going to some of the tracks around the south east we use to run , things looking up though..............

flagone
02-19-2019, 01:52 PM
I watch so many owners and promoters pour their sweat and money into trying to have a great event for their fans and drivers. And I know it is so hard to balance that responsibility with what they do in their every day lives. It is a labor of love no doubt. Thanks to all of them for what they do.