PDA

View Full Version : Trading Paint dirt late model movie

4Barrel
02-22-2019, 06:42 PM
Today was the release date for the kovie Trading Paint with John Travolta and Shania Twain. Have you seen it yet?

HoosierDirtFan
02-22-2019, 06:48 PM
If you can't find the movie in a theater near you the movie is available on iTunes for $6.99 or Amazon Prime.

Mason87
02-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Did it even make it to theatres? I thought it was a straight to dvd type movie

Clayton_Wetter
02-22-2019, 07:45 PM
What ever happened to that Over the Wall movie or whatever they named it. That they were filming at Eldora several years ago????? The one that they kept doing hotlaps over and over and over trying to have Jon Henry pass everyone. And then his car finally broke down and they had to give it up. lol

They ruined a tacky surface with what seemed like 20 hot lap sessions!!!

Krooser
02-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Just got done watching the movie... not bad.

Ok we could go on and on about the racing scenes... but there were a few minutes of good shop scenes toward the end. Of course the hero had to buy a Rocket chassis and a Clements motor to win the big race...

Overall I'd give it 3.5 stars...

Mod Runner
02-22-2019, 11:36 PM
How good was Shania at playing her part ?

Late_Model_Mark
02-23-2019, 12:31 PM
It will be in Theatres on March 22.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Krooser
02-23-2019, 05:50 PM
How good was Shania at playing her part ?

Good... The role wasn't much of a challenge but she did OK.

I kinda have a crush on her so I'm biased.

Hey late model Mark... Where the heck we're you in the pic?

Jking24
02-23-2019, 08:58 PM
I also just watched it. And i have to say it was really hard to watch. And not just because it was horrible from every aspect but mainly because my wife kept coming in and asking how in the hell are you still watching that lol. One hour and twenty seven minutes i can never get back

Krooser
02-23-2019, 09:36 PM
I also just watched it. And i have to say it was really hard to watch. And not just because it was horrible from every aspect but mainly because my wife kept coming in and asking how in the hell are you still watching that lol. One hour and twenty seven minutes i can never get back

Better than watching a 25 lap follow the leader feature...although in the movie they started the fast guys up front on a dry, slick track.

Realistic ? You bet!!!

TBSprintFan
02-24-2019, 03:15 AM
I would rather watch the 25 lap follow the leader feature. I am glad I didn't have to pay for it, only in lost time the wife and I will never get back. If you want to watch a dirt late model movie, watch Six Pack, even if it is probably like 40 years old, it had way better racing scenes and acting.

ShawnStreet
02-24-2019, 05:38 PM
Did I completely imagine it, or wasn't Bobby Pierce and Earl Pearson supposed to be in this movie? Or was it Over the Wall? Or did I completely imagine the entire thing?

As for Trading Paint, it was almost like they threw a bunch of money at Travolta and Twain to get them on board and forgot to set aside enough money for a decent script writer. But at least it is dirt racing in a movie. And yes, Six Pack is still the standard as far as I'm concerned.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Did I completely imagine it, or wasn't Bobby Pierce and Earl Pearson supposed to be in this movie? Or was it Over the Wall? Or did I completely imagine the entire thing?

As for Trading Paint, it was almost like they threw a bunch of money at Travolta and Twain to get them on board and forgot to set aside enough money for a decent script writer. But at least it is dirt racing in a movie. And yes, Six Pack is still the standard as far as I'm concerned.

You must be thinking of Over the Wall. Definitely not this one.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-24-2019, 06:35 PM
Yep, flipping Six Pack is where it’s at. And the teenager singing Rocky Top, I’ve always thought was cool.

Though I’ll admit, my favorite racing movie is probably Days of Thunder.

GRT32
02-24-2019, 08:28 PM
he bought a brand new rocket with a Clements engine for 8500$ lol. when they showed it at the track it was a old grt. they threw the checkered flag and said 1 lap to go, shifting gears while racing, u would think they could at least make the cars sound like race cars. terrible!

Krooser
02-24-2019, 11:37 PM
he bought a brand new rocket with a Clements engine for 8500$ lol. when they showed it at the track it was a old grt. they threw the checkered flag and said 1 lap to go, shifting gears while racing, u would think they could at least make the cars sound like race cars. terrible!

Gotta fix your hearing aid ...he sold the Boss 302 and paid $80k for the car...

Like I said pick out your favorite cop movie and there are police officers everywhere laughing at how bad the movie depicts cops.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-25-2019, 03:46 AM
Gotta fix your hearing aid ...he sold the Boss 302 and paid $80k for the car...

Like I said pick out your favorite cop movie and there are police officers everywhere laughing at how bad the movie depicts cops.Blue Bloods is what I’m watching on Netflix right now, used to watch it every Friday night, dunno if it’s still on regular cable. To me that show does a good job of balancing everything. And the actors and actresses have genuine interactions. Tom Selleck as the Commissioner is just too good.

IZZOJR16
02-25-2019, 05:05 AM
what is funny the director is some middle eastern guy from Syria ( or something like that) that probrably has never been to a dirt race in his life. I imagine its the same old stupid racing script. A down and out driver comes back against all odds and becomes the hero once again. I'm I right? I also guess they got about 20% of racing accurate. Or over sell the racing...

kidrock
02-25-2019, 05:39 AM
I just want to know how cheesy is this movie because, most racing movies are pretty cheesy just saying lol

TerryM
02-25-2019, 05:47 AM
It was pretty bad, but it's a movie based on dirt late model racing. So I can't hate on it too much. John Travolta has so many great movies, it's really hard to believe he was so involved in this one. That's the part that stands out most to me. That and they obviously had very little input from anyone from the real DLM community.

JCSullivan00
02-25-2019, 06:24 AM
It was pretty bad, but it's a movie based on dirt late model racing. So I can't hate on it too much. John Travolta has so many great movies, it's really hard to believe he was so involved in this one. That's the part that stands out most to me. That and they obviously had very little input from anyone from the real DLM community.

It's been a long time since Travolta has been in anything good. Of late, he seems like one of those actors that never turns down a movie.

riddle28
02-25-2019, 06:26 AM
the most unrealistic part is red farmer giving his retirement speech lol

kidrock
02-25-2019, 06:50 AM

TerryM thanks for the honesty. I figured it was pretty cheesy.

dirt crow
02-25-2019, 07:29 AM
Guess I’ll catch it on FX in a couple of years

kidrock
02-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Exactly what I was thinking!!

MRM
02-25-2019, 11:59 AM
It's been a long time since Travolta has been in anything good. Of late, he seems like one of those actors that never turns down a movie.
This. ^^^^^

Krooser
02-25-2019, 12:22 PM
what is funny the director is some middle eastern guy from Syria ( or something like that) that probrably has never been to a dirt race in his life. I imagine its the same old stupid racing script. A down and out driver comes back against all odds and becomes the hero once again. I'm I right? I also guess they got about 20% of racing accurate. Or over sell the racing...

The director is a Kurd living in Sweden. Does that matter?

Do you think the guys who directed Star Trek actually went to space?

Not defending Travolta but he's a working actor... does many different movies, TV shows and stage productions. Some good... some bad. Kinda like race drivers... ever hear of ONE guy winning every race he's ever entered? Nope... everyone has good and bad deals.

Ask Late Model Mark if he thinks this little movie will expose TST to more potential fans... at the very least it shows our sport in a positive light (more or less).

Anything this sport can do to raise awareness of what we do and what we spend our $$$ on helps...

Kromulous
02-25-2019, 12:37 PM
I spent $10 last night watching it on demand. I thought it was worth it, good enough movie. Good as Six Pack? no but a decent movie non the less. Better than any Chick flick i ever watched...

Seems like for some People who "Love this Sport" sure do a lot of banging against it LOL. Pretty typical now days thou...

Illtsate32
02-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Watched it on terrarium tv for free, must say it wasnt all that bad, I mean how accurate do you want them to be, have you ever seen any film portraying a sport down to an exact science?? I havent...

TerryM
02-25-2019, 02:42 PM
For the record, the DLM angle isn’t why the movie sucks. While that stuff obviously could have been done better, the reason the movie was disappointing is, the acting, plot and script, were all well below par. The DLM angle is the only thing that saved it and the only reason I sat through it all.

ZERO25
02-25-2019, 02:55 PM
My thoughts:
1) Its a little cheezy!
2) Why does every movie about racing, make the cars sound like 4 cyls?
3) Shania's still hot!
4) The racecars on the track were fairly realistic!
5) Another Rocket/Clements WIN!!!

Late_Model_Mark
02-25-2019, 06:33 PM
I will see it on the big screen if it comes to my neck of the woods. We will have a good sized group going to the theatre, preceded by dinner washed down with many adult beverages, hee hee!

Good bad or ugly it was a blast during the filming. They called me last fall to do the announcing voice overs, I said I was in, then never heard another word.

Even if the flick is a wreck it will expose Talladega to a wider audience. Shed light on Dirt Late Models and racing in general.

To me, the 3 best racing movies in my view and library is Grand Prix, Le Mans, and Funny Car Summer.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer with no SAG card,LOL!

Dlmfan123
02-25-2019, 10:35 PM
When they were buying a rocket it was all good til the “franklin” rear end. At least that’s what the subtitle says