PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Million Prices

Spanky44
03-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Has anyone seen the prices to the dirt million? I heard it was $130 for a 3 day pit pass. General admission was $39 on up to $50.

_LatemodelFan_
03-05-2019, 01:54 PM
$130.00 for a 3 day pit pass is correct ( adult )

Dlmfan123
03-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Believe it was 80 ish last year for 2 pit pass

Bigdirtfan
03-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Dont forget you race fans can donate and help pay the purse as well.

GEAR_HEAD
03-05-2019, 09:24 PM

You mean like you do every time you pay admission into a race track?

RaceEngineer
03-05-2019, 09:27 PM
You mean like you do every time you pay admission into a race track?The word donate means to give without a return or gain. As soon as I get my tax refund, I will put my check in the mail.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2019, 03:45 AM
Dont forget you race fans can donate and help pay the purse as well.You are helping pay the purse at every race you attend. If you weren’t, it’d be free.

3 wide
03-06-2019, 04:40 AM
It's a little different up there they want you to do more than just buy a ticket.

Bigdirtfan
03-06-2019, 09:28 AM
I figured we all knew on here that admission went to the purse, my mistake. You guys go ahead and use your tax returns to buy tickets and donate. Make sure you save some money to get a tv at walmart, they always run nice sales on vizios right around tax time.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-06-2019, 09:47 AM
Big Dirt Fan: Donations are optional-not mandatory!
This will be my second year attending without donating!
Give the promoter credit for what he is doing!!🏁🏁

RaceEngineer
03-06-2019, 09:48 AM
I figured we all knew on here that admission went to the purse, my mistake. You guys go ahead and use your tax returns to buy tickets and donate. Make sure you save some money to get a tv at walmart, they always run nice sales on vizios right around tax time.I can only donate. I value my eyesight.

GEAR_HEAD
03-06-2019, 10:28 AM
I figured we all knew on here that admission went to the purse, my mistake. You guys go ahead and use your tax returns to buy tickets and donate. Make sure you save some money to get a tv at walmart, they always run nice sales on vizios right around tax time.

Companies sponsor races all the time. Why do you care if fans CHOOSE to donate as well? You don't have to if you don't want to.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Companies sponsor races all the time. Why do you care if fans CHOOSE to donate as well? You don't have to if you don't want to.Because it’s against the norm. EPJ took home $200k last year, I’d think he was ok with it.

Would I like to see them fix the surface, yes. I won’t go in person till they do. The rocks is what I’m referring too. But I applaud what they are doing.

non driving fool
03-06-2019, 12:33 PM
Hey gear head last year you said" The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up." when I called you out on that you said " we'll see in the offseason" Would you share the info on what has been done to date, thanks.

Bigdirtfan
03-06-2019, 01:03 PM
As much crying that goes on here about the weekly racer not having the funds, its ironic some of you think its a great idea to donate money to a purse thats going mainly to wealthy travelling teams. Of course donations are optional and of course people can donate whatever they want, and i can also have an opinion that the model is ultimately a bad thing. All this money being set up to change hands electronically also makes it very easy to steal. Write a program to skim $10 off every $100 and have the counter set to algorithm, its not hard. I attended the real dirt million, the greatest promoter ever said he needed $85 a ticket to put the show on, I gave him $85 and bought a hot dog. This promotion to me is a whole different beast.

3 wide
03-06-2019, 02:00 PM
I agree it’s a bad idea the way it’s structured and the reason is you don’t get anything for donating money so why would you want to donate you have no incentive other than to give it to somebody to give away for you.

GEAR_HEAD
03-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Hey gear head last year you said" The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up." when I called you out on that you said " we'll see in the offseason" Would you share the info on what has been done to date, thanks.

Maybe you should pay more attention instead of bashing.

https://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.com/1_15_19/

Spanky44
03-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Where does it say the turn 3/4 wall is being torn down? I have yet to see this in any press release? He rents the place, I doubt someone is going to let them just start tearing the place a part if they arent the owners IMO.

I see reserved Camping is all sold out all ready.

Spanky44
03-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know of any discounts they can use on the local mansfield hotels that would work?

gb81racing
03-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Looks like there is no discount for buying a 2 day or 3 day pass. It’s the same
Price if you buy each day individually

non driving fool
03-06-2019, 09:27 PM
Maybe you should pay more attention instead of bashing. https://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.com/1_15_19/ wasn't bashing the track just lookin at you. Last year you were the big shot with all the inside info but no source to back it up. when they wanted to renew my 8 seats and camping I said no I'll wait for the reviews this year and if its fixed we'll go back next year-- seems reasonable doesn't it?4 camping buddies see it the same way. Nothing was done all winter as I walked up and looked. We supported them the first 3 big races but the problem wasn't getting fixed. As for the wall and all that southern clay I'm thing that is just your bs --right?

GEAR_HEAD
03-07-2019, 06:09 AM
wasn't bashing the track just lookin at you. Last year you were the big shot with all the inside info but no source to back it up. when they wanted to renew my 8 seats and camping I said no I'll wait for the reviews this year and if its fixed we'll go back next year-- seems reasonable doesn't it?4 camping buddies see it the same way. Nothing was done all winter as I walked up and looked. We supported them the first 3 big races but the problem wasn't getting fixed. As for the wall and all that southern clay I'm thing that is just your bs --right?

Read the PR.

CIRF
03-07-2019, 10:16 AM
Quote-3 wide I agree it’s a bad idea the way it’s structured and the reason is you don’t get anything for donating money so why would you want to donate you have no incentive other than to give it to somebody to give away for you.

3 wide, you have the same interpretation of this deal as I do. They're asking us to donate to supplement the purse. The bigger money is needed to bring attention to the event. The promoter doesn't have, or doesn't want to come up with the money. I completely admit that I'm not apprised or all the details of this event but it's a safe bet that some of the donations are going to promoting and operational expenditures. Maybe I'm incorrect on that and if I am I'm sure someone will set the record straight.

But if it can be made to work and evolve into a huge event over the long haul, more power them.

dch191
03-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Here’s something to think about for saying that the fans are paying for all the purse and the promoter has nothing at stake. I’d argue that he has even more at stake by doing it this way than if it was just a $100k to win/$200k purse and didn’t increase the purse like he’s doing. I’m using last years numbers from the best I can remember as I haven’t looked at this years numbers yet.

(There’s a lot of things that I’m going to assume are true in this scenario that I could be wrong about but doesn’t change the thought process very much)

It’s starts off as a $200k purse that the promoter is putting out of his own pocket before any tickets/pit passes/merchandise is sold.

If half of every purchase goes to the purse, we can assume that the other half goes to the promoter

If that’s the case, then the purse would have to reach $400k before the promoter makes a dime

So a $450k purse would theoretically mean the promoter makes $50k whereas if it was strictly a $200k purse he would make $250k in profit

I’m aware that some of the percentages and numbers I presented are likely different than they were in reality, but the principle remains that (in my opinion) the promoter actually walked away with less of a profit than if it was left alone at the original $200k purse

dirty-white-boy
03-07-2019, 12:35 PM
But who really cares other than the driver/millionaire car owners? These guys will race as hard for $20k as they will for $200k.

What does it REALLY do for the sport as a whole?

Is the sport really 'better' due to having a race called the Dirt Million that has nothing to with a million dollars?

Why does it have to be a Lucas race? If you are paying out that much money just pay it and run the show!

play4kps
03-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Dirty white boy stop it! You make way too much sense!

matdaddy
03-08-2019, 08:52 PM
well I bet ole T.P. is part of price increases, he cheated so much at racing he taught track promoters how to cheat the racing fans out of their hard earned money,sorry sob!

chupp n bloomer fan
03-08-2019, 10:17 PM
well I bet ole T.P. is part of price increases, he cheated so much at racing he taught track promoters how to cheat the racing fans out of their hard earned money,sorry sob!You truly make me lmao. Terry Phillips doesn’t come anywhere near Mansfield, hasn’t been to Eldora in say 5 years plus.

To have such an infatuation with a regional racer outta Missouri, very sad.

Swampy121
03-09-2019, 01:14 PM
well I bet ole T.P. is part of price increases, he cheated so much at racing he taught track promoters how to cheat the racing fans out of their hard earned money,sorry sob!

You have a serious hard on for that guy...

jlacey
03-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Did "ole TP" bang this guys ole lady or something?

rdcllk
03-09-2019, 02:10 PM
I think TP wouldn't do him. He definitely has a serious problem with him

Clayton_Wetter
03-09-2019, 03:33 PM

Oh wow!!!! I'll sure pass the word!!!! :)