PDA

View Full Version : Hartwell Speedway in Georgia – bargain @ $500K

Hoosier
03-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Hartwell Speedway in Georgia –

Hartwell Speedway is for sale in Hartwell, Georgia at $500,000.
The 34.5 acre facility features a 3/8 mile slightly banked clay oval.
The track has featured seven divisions of racing including Crate Late Model, Hobby 602, Modified Street, Stock V8, Stock Four and Front Wheel Drives.
Since it opened its doors in 1969, many greats have raced at Hartwell including Jonathan Davenport, Jeremy Mayfield, Ty Dillon, Austin Dillon and Shane Clanton.
Purchase of the facility also includes:
Motor Grader
Water Truck
Mack Truck
Tire Packer
Sheep Foot Packer
Wrecker
3 Pack Cars
Scale House
Out Building
2 Concessions Stands with Equipment
Announcing Equipment
Timing Light
Digital Scales
8 Track Radios
Interested buyers can contact Brian Jortner at brian.jortner2@gmail.com or at (440) 935-7460.

President Clinton
03-13-2019, 02:07 AM
Or just contact Marty Lance the owner?

Jim11h
03-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Yep steal for 7 divisions. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), I gotta get south again. I've never been to southeast tracks but apparently the racing world in shambles down there. Everything crate or steel block LM, way too many divisions at weekly show, etc. Have promoters down there ever tried looking outside their region, taking step outta the zone and try something new? Yea might lose $ at first but big picture reap major benefits in end. I'm talking like 3 divisions, pill draw, or qual. and that only determines heat starting spot etc type things. I go to a track that weekly racing said to be hurting and they run 3-4 divisions weekly and get 80+ cars with half packed stands and nightly purse sponsors. I ask this in all seriousness

No_Weak_Links
03-13-2019, 09:10 PM
Wasn't this track just sold last year?

President Clinton
03-14-2019, 08:14 PM
Wasn't this track just sold last year?

No it has been lease/sell kinda deal but still the same owner has it. Lavonia Speedway right up the road sold a few weeks ago. We have a total of 100-150 cars in our area and 4 race tracks within an hour of each other. Just ain’t gonna work for someone

No_Weak_Links
03-14-2019, 09:43 PM
Lavonia is a lease to own as well.... I was thinking I read an article where someone bought/leased Hartwell and was going to pave it....i may be wrong, memory comes and goes lol

No_Weak_Links
03-14-2019, 09:47 PM
Yep steal for 7 divisions. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), I gotta get south again. I've never been to southeast tracks but apparently the racing world in shambles down there. Everything crate or steel block LM, way too many divisions at weekly show, etc. Have promoters down there ever tried looking outside their region, taking step outta the zone and try something new? Yea might lose $ at first but big picture reap major benefits in end. I'm talking like 3 divisions, pill draw, or qual. and that only determines heat starting spot etc type things. I go to a track that weekly racing said to be hurting and they run 3-4 divisions weekly and get 80+ cars with half packed stands and nightly purse sponsors. I ask this in all seriousness

I attend Cherokee more than others but I haven't seen anything "in shambles." They usually run 6 classes on a weekly show and average around 110-125 cars every week. And good crowd.