PDA

View Full Version : FALS Race at Fairbury

BigNasty
03-27-2019, 04:05 PM
Going to Fairbury for the first time in July for the FALS race. Tickets go on sale next week to the public . What side of the track should I sit on ? high or low , corners or straights? Under the overhang or not? Never been before. Would like a little insight . Thanks

HoosierDirtFan
03-27-2019, 04:26 PM
Going to Fairbury for the first time in July for the FALS race. Tickets go on sale next week to the public . What side of the track should I sit on ? high or low , corners or straights? Under the overhang or not? Never been before. Would like a little insight . Thanks

Viewing on either side of the track is good but most folks will sit on the back straightaway. Vendors are also on the back. Food is good. Heck there is a Casey's just down the street from the pit shack. Where a lot of folks just walk down there if they need some thing. Whole town supports the track. You will enjoy it.

WisWildManFan
03-27-2019, 04:51 PM
Backstretch is much better imo but I doubt you will be able to get them, awesome place.

dirt crow
03-27-2019, 05:01 PM
It’s an awesome place! I’d give anything to have fals in Alabama. Backstretch is the better place to sit. But be aware where ever you sit it’s packed packed!!

t4g2
03-27-2019, 06:35 PM
Def get reserved seats. Back stretch is closer to the track. Front stretch u have a horse track in between the seats an track. Turn 2 which is section I usually seats are available for reserved their low rows row 7 an down. If your camping 3 walking blocks is Dave's supermarket. Ice is half the price from what Casey's want. It's a grocery store but not much of selection of beer or booze. All of back stretch is reserved then turn 4 not under the stands is reserved to.

chathamracefan
03-27-2019, 11:19 PM
The atmosphere for that race strikes me as a small version of an Eldora Dream or World weekend. The racing in both the late models and mods is as good as you will find anywhere. The place is worth the hype. Get there early each day as the close parking fills up by mid afternoon especially on Saturday.

kd1
03-28-2019, 12:26 AM
You'll love it .. my first PDC was 2016 ..I missed it in '17 due to out-of-country work obligation (I did make it up there for the FALS Frenzy in May that year) and I went back to the PDC in '18 and i'm planning on doing it again this year.

Krooser
03-28-2019, 03:32 AM
What they said...

dmr37
03-28-2019, 07:56 AM
If you are going to be in the turn 4 grandstands, get up as high as possible - top 5 rows. The lower rows have limited views of turn 4 and frontstretch.

cdustyr1
03-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Stop by and say hi to the simulator guy (thats me) we are always grateful to have new people visit our great home town track.

WisWildManFan
03-30-2019, 08:28 PM
The atmosphere for that race strikes me as a small version of an Eldora Dream or World weekend. The racing in both the late models and mods is as good as you will find anywhere. The place is worth the hype. Get there early each day as the close parking fills up by mid afternoon especially on Saturday.It’s actually a little bit cooler atmosphere wise I think just because it’s smack dab in the middle of a little town. A town that’s behind racing. You don’t see many signs that say welcome race fans on national fast food chain signs for dirt races.