PDA

View Full Version : Have Yall Heard of a James Emory

racincowboy02
04-01-2019, 05:30 AM
Have any of you guys heard of a James Emory from Deleware that runs a limited late model with the #9E on. These guys are super awesome they spent a good 15 minutes talking to my 10 year old son Saturday night at Cherokee. I was totally blown away by the way he stopped and talked to him put him in the car and let him sit in the car during intermission. I will say that he definitely made a fan for life cause that is all he has ever talked about since we left after the races were over last night.

Highside Hustler25
04-01-2019, 06:20 AM
Good read. That's what this sport needs to get the young fans interested.

george w
04-01-2019, 06:36 AM
Couldn't agree more great post! Hadn't heard of em but I still remember when I was a kid hell if I could catch a ride on four wheeler I was in heaven

manwplan
04-01-2019, 07:44 AM
His name is Robbie Emory

Barbecueboy
04-01-2019, 07:59 AM
thats not surprising, they always seem to be very friendly and approachable at the tracks we see them at.....great that such a small gesture made such a large impact....good story.

Jking24
04-01-2019, 10:22 AM
And his dad's name is john i believe.The entire emory family are very good people. Not only will they talk to anyone they will help fellow racers anytime they can aswell. His dad builds all his engines aswell as a few other regional guys engines

jog49
04-02-2019, 10:35 AM
They have spent a lot of time south of the Mason-Dixon in last few years. Robbie has gone from not very competitive to consistently competitive in that time.

racincowboy02
04-02-2019, 10:15 PM
I appologize for the wrong name i am terrible with names and yes that whole crew is phenomenal and i was very impressed with the way they took the time for my youngest son. He was bad fast last Saturday night and was very competitive to say the least. He is in a Swartz car and he has that thing dialed in and yea i remember him telling us that his dad built the motors for him and that in itself is impressive

AHydro23
04-02-2019, 11:04 PM
They have spent a lot of time south of the Mason-Dixon in last few years. Robbie has gone from not very competitive to consistently competitive in that time.

Robbie is a good guy. Races at County Line here in NC a lot. I'm amazed at how much they race in the south. Won the FUEL series championship last year.

Jking24
04-03-2019, 08:11 AM
From where their located in Delaware i think it's easier to head south than to come east. Also the engine rules in this area for steel blocks suck. They pretty much make you build a ticking time bomb all in the name of saving the racer money.

emory99
04-03-2019, 12:17 PM
I'm Robbie's dad it was awesome seeing your son smile when he got in the car . You guys can come by anytime this is what its all about . We travel down there so much because the pay outs are so much better and we love going to different tracks all the time. We are trying to win races at as many different tracks as we can last year we won at 8 different tracks. Most think we are a little bit crazy for what we do but we have so many fans and friends down there it feels like home. thank you for all the kind words . We all need to keep this sport going and get new fans in the stands .

Jking24
04-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Couldn't agree more we need to keep the kids involved. with out them theirs no future

dirtcrazy4u
04-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Great story, great to see family values.

jlacey
04-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Always liked seeing him/them come down to run Potomac. Never met Robbie or his father but always heard good things about them.