PDA

View Full Version : Leave it to Farmer City to make a mess

CILDirt
04-04-2019, 09:43 PM
Practice was cancelled tonight because of the rain. So what does FC do? Raise the GA price for Saturday night the day before the races start. It clearly stated $50 for 2 day GA. Now all of the sudden it is $60 for 2 day. Never fails.... always something with that place.

kipling
04-04-2019, 10:22 PM
I may be wrong but I believe WOOLMS leases the track for the weekend and they sell/set the ticket prices and call all the shots this weekend. Not the people that run it weekly.

cgrace
04-04-2019, 10:34 PM
Practice was cancelled tonight because of the rain. So what does FC do? Raise the GA price for Saturday night the day before the races start. It clearly stated $50 for 2 day GA. Now all of the sudden it is $60 for 2 day. Never fails.... always something with that place.This has nothing to do with Farmer City -- that is WOO.

fryefan
04-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Practice was cancelled tonight because of the rain. So what does FC do? Raise the GA price for Saturday night the day before the races start. It clearly stated $50 for 2 day GA. Now all of the sudden it is $60 for 2 day. Never fails.... always something with that place.

It will be worth every cent of that.

Chadly329
04-05-2019, 05:14 AM
They should run 100 laps on Saturday for that price. Then it would be the Illini 100 for real not the Illini 75. This was part of the reason why we decided to do the weekend at the end of April with Lucas Oil Series at Pontoon Beach and Macon.

dirtcrazy4u
04-05-2019, 05:19 AM
Wait a minute ! So you are saying a 2 day ticket was 50.00. They got rained out on day 1, which then turns it into a 1 day
deal and they raised the price to 60.00 ?

Anyone shows up to pay that, you must be a idiot. WRG at there finest.

kidrock
04-05-2019, 05:38 AM
Wait a minute ! So you are saying a 2 day ticket was 50.00. They got rained out on day 1, which then turns it into a 1 day

No it's still a 2 day show. They was suppose to have practice last night. My question is was they charging fans to watch practice?

cjp0354
04-05-2019, 05:43 AM

Practice getting rained out has nothing to do with the prices. It was free to watch regardless. It’s still a 2 day show. I assume there was a mix up in the first press release and the $50 2 day GA was for if you bought it in advance. I agree I read it and thought I would be paying $50 today as well, but $10 won’t break me.

Bring on the racing.

Highside Hustler25
04-05-2019, 06:00 AM
If 10 bucks is gonna break someone, they should probably stay home. Better yet, get a job:rolleyes:

cjp0354
04-05-2019, 06:15 AM
If 10 bucks is gonna break someone, they should probably stay home. Better yet, get a job:rolleyes:

My point exactly.

RaceEngineer
04-05-2019, 06:25 AM
My point exactly.I love it when the price of anything gets hiked at the last minute. Just shows how much money I have and how much I love it. 😒😒

cjp0354
04-05-2019, 06:33 AM
I only get to go to about 10-12 weekends a year. They could charge $100 and I’d still be going through the gate. It’s my vice.

t4g2
04-05-2019, 06:34 AM
WRG leases the track.

chathamracefan
04-05-2019, 06:43 AM
I'm guessing just a snafu in promo materials or maybe an advance price. I think a couple years ago it was $50 at the gate for the 2 day deal. I went both days the year it was soooo cold on Saturday night & it was a Saturday/Sunday show due to a Friday rain out. Am going Saturday night. $35 not too out of whack for a $15,000 to win. Especially when some of the summer nats paying $5,000 are getting up to $25 or $30 to get in the door.

wells9
04-05-2019, 07:06 AM
I am pretty sure that the $50 two day price was an advance special price only that you could purchase on line. Which I am pretty sure I read. I also did see the advertisement price that you are all talking about now. Hopefully there will be a great crowd for this awesome race. We need to support our race tracks instead of always thinking negative. See you all at the races.

bullring
04-05-2019, 07:40 AM
I’m the last guy that would ever defend wrg, but I’m pretty sure the way I read it the 50 dollar 2 day passes were for advanced sales. Unfortunately the way the weather is around here buying in advance is pretty risky.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-05-2019, 08:07 AM
I’d almost bet in advance they gave you $10 off. Like almost every other track. And then if you purchase the day of, it is regular price. I don’t think $60 is that hateful. Not cheap, but not hateful. Not sure what Farmer City holds for people, but that matters.

fryefan
04-05-2019, 08:56 AM

Amen!! If they don't want to pay it, then they have the right to stay home.

kazual
04-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Some people aren’t happy unless they’re mad.

Illtsate32
04-05-2019, 09:14 AM
I love it when the price of anything gets hiked at the last minute. Just shows how much money I have and how much I love it. 

I agree. Its not the amount that matters idc if its a penny, its the principle of the matter. Im not sure of the specifics of this case I think CnB is prob correct, but as you said RE its crazy how people have no problem not getting whats advertised and getting stuck in the a**...needless to say its these people who say quit whining about it prob do not have good business sense and prob still pay 200 a month for cable lol...

Illtsate32
04-05-2019, 09:19 AM
Oh look my phone bill went from 50 to 90 a month no biggie il just pay it smh...

t4g2
04-05-2019, 09:51 AM
Advance is $50 and you could have got it up til Wednesday evening. The kicker with that is they HIGH convience fee that went with that. It was $38 fee for 8 seats. An Yes wrg runs this show as they charge $25 per child for the weekend for ages 12 and under when at farmer city on weekly show kids are FREE and most all tracks KIDS ARE FREE. An i pay $48 for my phone bill every month and hasnt been raised in 4 years.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Oh look my phone bill went from 50 to 90 a month no biggie il just pay it smh...Cable, cable is the one if you still have it that is BS.

I switched to AT&T a few years ago, her yoga pants, way she carried herself, she knew how to work it. Got me. If I was single I’d have surely tried.

AT&T is awful. Their internet is terrible. So my promo ends and I sh!t you not, bill went up $65. Called them right then, either change it, or I’m going back to TWC. Gave me some BS about that was it, so off I went to TWC. When I called to get the info on shipping back AT&T ‘s stuff, lady said I coulda worked with you. Well, ghetto mamma said no, so too late.

AT&T I think has a better cable deal, at least they did, but SPECTRUMS Internet is a lot better. Wife complains all the time about why I kept it. Got s movie package for two years we never watch. Pretty much, it’s Netflix and On Demand Movies.

kidrock
04-05-2019, 12:41 PM
With any phone company that provides internet it all depends on where you live and what kind of facilities they have rather its copper fed or fiber optics. If its fiber all the way back to the co its good if it's copper fed its usually not to good. Not in all cases but, for the most part. Most of the copper has been around for many many years and is not in that good of shape to run internet on if your wanting high speed data.

ZERO25
04-05-2019, 01:21 PM
CnB: You got the wrong ghetto mama!

We have our cell phones, business lines,internet, and Directv through att! Couple months they called and offered us a free iPhone 10, free internet upgrade to their fastest, and reduced our total bill by $65/month just to cancel our business land line and use the new cell phone!

We were looking at switching until they made us this deal!

Clayton_Wetter
04-05-2019, 02:22 PM

It's the principle of the issue. People are paying more because a practice night was rained out. Now is this really the right thing to do???

So it isn't the the tracks fault. Well, it's not the fans fault either. Many people will relate it to the track not WRG regardless.

And has the race been reduced from 100 lap to 75???

Clayton_Wetter
04-05-2019, 02:24 PM

We have our cell phones, business lines,internet, and Directv through att! Couple months they called and offered us a free iPhone 10, free internet upgrade to their fastest, and reduced our total bill by $65/month just to cancel our business land line and use the new cell phone!

We were looking at switching until they made us this deal!

Get rid of ATT, they own CNN, and you help support CNN and leftist agendas by using their service. Just a suggestion.....

Chump In Bloomers likes corrupt government though so just ignore him....

bullring
04-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Once again pricing has nothing to do with practice being rained out. $50 two day passes had to be bought in advance

Illtsate32
04-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Bullring thats perfectly understandable, peoples acting like they just raised their prices willy nilly which is not the case...

Highside Hustler25
04-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Always been 75 laps Cdub. Not sure why they've not increased it to 100. And like Bullring stated, had nothing to do with the practice night. That was free.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Get rid of ATT, they own CNN, and you help support CNN and leftist agendas by using their service. Just a suggestion.....Poor Clayton, so we should find one owned by Fox, then that’s ok. Gimme a dam break, spend your money where you see fit, none of your business where anyone else spends their money. You spend your money on the agenda BS you want, and let the rest of us spend ours wherever we dam well please.

Jesus, you need a life.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-05-2019, 05:50 PM

We were looking at switching until they made us this deal!Lol. What internet did you end up with? I’ve 100mbps, and I get 113-118, with a 11-13 upload. AT&T’s was DSL crap I think. Like anywhere from like a 8-18mbps. Just awful.

reid boys
04-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Always been 75 laps Cdub. Not sure why they've not increased it to 100. And like Bullring stated, had nothing to do with the practice night. That was free.

It started out as a 100 lapper the first couple of years

chupp n bloomer fan
04-05-2019, 05:53 PM
With any phone company that provides internet it all depends on where you live and what kind of facilities they have rather its copper fed or fiber optics. If its fiber all the way back to the co its good if it's copper fed its usually not to good. Not in all cases but, for the most part. Most of the copper has been around for many many years and is not in that good of shape to run internet on if your wanting high speed data.It was I believe fiber, I live in a high demand area. Everything is underground and there are businesses close. But they just didn’t, or don’t, have the capabilities that Spectrum has. It is very good now. Was a reason I switched. TWC was upgrading and our internet was dropping out a lot. So we left. But AT&T was as bad and slower.

They got a ton of us to switch, I wonder how many have stayed with AT&T.

WisWildManFan
04-05-2019, 06:42 PM
It started out as a 100 lapper the first couple of yearsCorrect when they ran heats fridays and features Saturday.

Clayton_Wetter
04-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Chill out Chump In Bloomers!!!! hahahahaha

AT&T more than doubles ‘admin fee’ for every wireless customers
APRIL 5, 2019 RAJTECHNEWS
AT&T more than doubles ‘admin fee’ for every wireless customers
AT&T is raising the cost of an “administrative fee” line item tacked onto the bottom of every single one of its 64.5 million wireless customers in the US, as reported first today by BTIG Research analyst Walter Piecyk. Originally $0.76, AT&T has raised the fee to $1.99. When added up and multiplied by 12 months, the increase will result in an additional $800 million or so for AT&T’s annual revenue. According to Piecyk, the fee should only apply to standard, monthly customers, and not prepaid AT&T users.

kidrock
04-05-2019, 07:23 PM

I thought it sounded strange that they would charge for practice. That's why asked the question because, I had never heard of that before.

kidrock
04-05-2019, 07:42 PM
CBF what happens sometimes they tell you its fiber and that is misleading. Yes their is fiber from the co to what the call the node( common network box) but, from there it's converted over to copper. If it was fiber from the co to your house there is no way you would be having slow speeds unless you had a modem, a card problem or your order got screwed up when they wrote it. Whenever you feel your speed slows down do a factory reset on the modem and that's not unplugging the power. Sometimes its a red button on the back or a pin hole you insert a paper clip. It's possible some of the new modems maybe you can't reset but, the company can remotely. The reason for the reset the company pushes out updates and for whatever reason the modem does not take the update and screws up the modem where it will work but, not properly. It's possible you might need wifi extenders in your house with that type of service

Illtsate32
04-05-2019, 09:04 PM
CnB if you got 100mbs ue flying now brother I get 34mbps with Charter for 15.00 a month and I can stream every racing service no problem...so ur all good

turnleftandgasit
04-06-2019, 08:57 AM
I would give anything to have better internet service. 12 dn 2 up is the best we can get in our small town. Till we get a fiber out to the cell tower at the edge of town, we are stuck with microwave feeding the system that is on top of the elevator, that then shoots out over the countryside. I can run the PPV's but usually by feature time it is buffering. The part that bothers me the most is I protect 2 of the most important fiber lines in America for a living, and am stuck with internet powered by smoke signals at home.

Illtsate32
04-06-2019, 09:27 AM
I would give anything to have better internet service. 12 dn 2 up is the best we can get in our small town. Till we get a fiber out to the cell tower at the edge of town, we are stuck with microwave feeding the system that is on top of the elevator, that then shoots out over the countryside. I can run the PPV's but usually by feature time it is buffering. The part that bothers me the most is I protect 2 of the most important fiber lines in America for a living, and am stuck with internet powered by smoke signals at home.

Ive streamed ppv flawless with about 24mbps turnleft, my a suggestion idk how many people is in your household but when you get a ppv try to only have your stream running off the wi/fi, no other devices, easier said than done I know...

fastford
04-06-2019, 09:45 AM
i have the worst internet story of all , cable , dsl , u verse are all with in a mile of me either way , but i have no access , they say its not feasible to run it down my road unless 50 people will agree to take it , i counted the houses an there is only 21 , soooo , im stuck with Verizon broad band and thats it , i get 7 g,s a month for 60 bucks and its 15 $ a gigg after that .....

Illtsate32
04-06-2019, 10:01 AM
i have the worst internet story of all , cable , dsl , u verse are all with in a mile of me either way , but i have no access , they say its not feasible to run it down my road unless 50 people will agree to take it , i counted the houses an there is only 21 , soooo , im stuck with Verizon broad band and thats it , i get 7 g,s a month for 60 bucks and its 15 $ a gigg after that .....

Fastford same exact situation with my Father he lived on a dead end road with a few acres of woods right out of city limits in the county, as time went by subdivisions developed all around him right up to the woodline to his backdoor, cable and internet everywhere but the 6 houses on his road lol...and 7 gigs for 60 bucks is highway robbery just for reference I use about 30 gigs a month and thats just me...

over4T
04-06-2019, 10:08 AM
Our internet at the ranch has to bounce off a hot spot and is slower than molasses getting going but ok after it finally starts. The TV is by a dish with Direct and normal weather is pretty good but heavy rain or snow takes it out. tried to get a land line for the phones (yeah, I'm old fashioned) with AT&T. that didn't work so I got a hookup with Verizon that would ring at the main house and my cottage. At the cottage you had to grab a phone and run outside to answer it. For $185 a month that got dumped and and after 3 cell phone tries finally got one with Consumer Cellular that works well and is cheap, $21 a month. Ah, the joys of rural living but it still beats the city.

Mason87
04-06-2019, 10:21 AM
Where im at we have spectrum and the base package is 200mbs and it's 69.99 a month.

kidrock
04-06-2019, 11:54 AM

Fastford same exact situation with my Father he lived on a dead end road with a few acres of woods right out of city limits in the county, as time went by subdivisions developed all around him right up to the woodline to his backdoor, cable and internet everywhere but the 6 houses on his road lol...and 7 gigs for 60 bucks is highway robbery just for reference I use about 30 gigs a month and thats just me...

Our internet at the ranch has to bounce off a hot spot and is slower than molasses getting going but ok after it finally starts. The TV is by a dish with Direct and normal weather is pretty good but heavy rain or snow takes it out. tried to get a land line for the phones (yeah, I'm old fashioned) with AT&T. that didn't work so I got a hookup with Verizon that would ring at the main house and my cottage. At the cottage you had to grab a phone and run outside to answer it. For $185 a month that got dumped and and after 3 cell phone tries finally got one with Consumer Cellular that works well and is cheap, $21 a month. Ah, the joys of rural living but it still beats the city.

I'm waiting to see what 5g will do for people. I think it could be a game changer. Let's sit back and see what happens.

turnleftandgasit
04-06-2019, 03:46 PM
We pay 79 dollars for 300 gb at the previously stated 12dn/2up. While it will run the PPV and other streaming service, everyone in town is off the same antenna so you are also fighting for bandwidth with them. It is up most all the time, great customer service, just maxed out older equipment. Wouldn't matter if they upgraded the equipment, the microwave signal inbound is maxed out also. Hopefully someone puts a fiber across rt 9 from Gibson City to Bloomington and we will have the input we need.