PDA

View Full Version : Shirley to the tail??

Dig
04-08-2019, 03:22 PM
I will give him credit for trying to save it, But I don't think he could have done it without Larson's help.

Now let's debate the fact Shirley did in fact cause the caution. Larson wasn't driving wild nor in his way he was holding his line as he should have. Was he in the right place at the right time to help the 3s absolutely. It doesn't seem possible for someone getting clearly hit by another driver to be the cause for the caution. Why was he not sent to the tail per the rules?

This is not a bash post at all. Actually if you think about it it's really cut and dry.
It's sad 4m has gotten to the point I have to post a disclaimer.

Krooser
04-08-2019, 05:04 PM
The 3 drove right into the #1...

Highwayman
04-08-2019, 06:09 PM
The 3 drove right into the #1...

Yes he did, I couldn't believe they gave him his spot back. He bike'd the car, drove into the other racer and spun him around like a top and then stopped. Epso-Facto he should have been tagged with bringing out yellow. Don't know who made the call, but I've never liked that organization, period. I respect Shuman immensely and I just hope it wasn't his call.

dch191
04-08-2019, 07:21 PM
I notice a lot of times that when there’s an incident between a lead car and a lap per that leads to the caution, the lead car almost never gets sent to the tail. While I can understand that line of thinking to an extent, I think you should always treat it the same as if it were two cars racing for position. While I’ll admit that I don’t know exactly what the rule book says, I’d be curious to see what the ruling would have been had The exact same thing happen except with Larson leading the race as opposed to going a lap down

Dlmfan123
04-08-2019, 08:52 PM
I believe woo has the rule that you keep your spot as long as you do not stop

Highwayman
04-09-2019, 10:30 AM
I believe woo has the rule that you keep your spot as long as you do not stop

If thats the case he should build his front end "bulldozer tough" and wipe out the field every week. Just keep plowing everyone around till your leading or the only remaining car. That rule blows, I'm not dogging you, but that isnt right, the other guy wasn't even in the way or anything. I don't think it was intentional, but if Shirley had any moral fiber' he'd give Larson half the winnings, because he saved him a car by being in his way.

bullring
04-09-2019, 12:48 PM
I cant remember the last time I've seen a car sent to the rear for causing a yellow. Every incident I can remember whoever stops on the track goes to the rear and if you don't stop you keep your spot no matter who caused it. That's why you see guys drive over top of stopped cars in an incident to keep from getting sent to the rear. Not the right way to go about it, but that way lazy officials don't have to make a call on who caused it.

Illtsate32
04-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Either with the rule or without it, I think he should of been part of the caution, (I am a fan of Brian), but if Larson wasnt there he was going to BE the caution, he got lucky he kept his spot, very lucky...