PDA

View Full Version : 4-27 SAS @Dega AND Ult. @ Dixie (Same Night)

champion24
04-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Just realized this mess was happening once again!! Hurts both places and the FANS!! We, as a sport and industry, (Series, tracks, drivers, teams, sponsors, and again FANS) have got to figure out a way to stop this mess!! When the tracks are so close, this can NOT happen!! Frustrated, but a positive note....Happy Easter to all!!

flagone
04-18-2019, 08:55 AM
They are 120 miles apart with completely different fan and driver bases. Dixie and TST have run against each other for YEARS. Both run supers weekly. There are few crossovers for big events but not many. Just how the schedule falls sometimes. I promise you that no one pains over scheduling more than I do but these two just don't have a big impact on each other.

Late_Model_Mark
04-18-2019, 06:42 PM
But they will sir. Every track owner/promoter in the Southeast knows very, very well about Nascar weekend at TST. To say there is very little crossover form fans or racers to me is not correct, by any means. Guys like Page, Polston, Gentry and others would come to TST to race Cup weekend.

I get 100% that it is a free market out there to schedule and race what and whenever you want, fully understood, but you knew KC, about the TST dates, and you booked a show at Dixie. I think I can safely say that the late Mr. Swims would have in his eyes respected TST's date as he did in the past, but that was then and it's 2019.

We respect other tracks, last year we made some gracious concessions to other tracks and changed some dates. Trying to sugar coat and or justify the date by saying it's only 120 miles apart is weak in my view, and my view only.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

B_K
04-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Get over yourself. You have a built in gate filler next door that weekend. The three cars it MIGHT cost you doesn’t really make a big difference.

You don’t get to monopolize an entire region just because there’s a cup race across the street.

I sure do miss the days when good announcers were there to call the race and describe the show. Too many today try and be part of it.

champion24
04-18-2019, 09:39 PM
Pretty well said LM Mark, I stated above that it hurts both places! Firmly believe it still!! We'll see how both tracks do and move on, I guess!

dirt crow
04-19-2019, 07:54 AM
I can’t believe this. A TST tug of war I ain’t involved in. Lol!!!!! .....hope both places have good nights and strong turnouts. As for myself, I’ll be in Illinois for the Lucas races. Yall have fun. And behave yourself. Haha!!

fastford
04-19-2019, 09:31 AM
im shocked my self crow , here is my 2 cents , it will have no effect on TST , and probably none on Dixie , but believe it or not , i have been wrong a time or two.....lol....

RayCook53fan
04-19-2019, 10:20 AM
Wow... I mean I'm thinking maybe Jason Hiett would've came to Dixie and Michael Page to TST, but besides that who cares? Its 2 regional races in 2 different states, don't understand why peoples feelings are so hurt...

B_K
04-19-2019, 12:33 PM
Wow... I mean I'm thinking maybe Jason Hiett would've came to Dixie and Michael Page to TST, but besides that who cares? Its 2 regional races in 2 different states, don't understand why peoples feelings are so hurt...

Because some have an over inflated sense of entitlement. Crying over 2-3 cars just makes you seem like a bit of a.......

The Swims family have always ran a professional operation and look to have continued to do that after Mike’s passing. The opinion of some transplant with a microphone as to how they continue to do business is worth about as much as what I stepped in this morning.

Hope both are good shows.

Late_Model_Mark
04-19-2019, 06:44 PM
I am not crying BK, just having what I think is a decent discussion on here about next weekend. If Dixie was not running that race we would have more than just the scant 3 I mentioned. As stated before, it is a free and open market to run what ya want when ya want, I get that.

We will surely have a good turn out of cars next week as I also hope Dixie does too, we need positive things in 2019 at all tracks as we all struggle to some degree in many variations to make it.

Does me being a transplant from another state make me less of a person, race fan, announcer or? I hope not. I love this sport, it's racers, and fans, even the ones who take shots at me. LOL.

Anytime BK you want to come to TST the night will be on me, for real and no kidding. Would like to meet you and talk racing with you.

Late Model Mark
TST Racecaller

B_K
04-19-2019, 09:16 PM
Appreciate the offer. I’ve been to TST probably 30-40 times. Not looking for a free ticket. That’s not going to help pay the guys that come through the gates. I’ve been around you before even though we never “met”.

Maybe I got the wrong first impression, maybe not.

Either way I do hope both are good shows.

flagone
04-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Mark I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. 3 cars would be the difference in my opinion and few if any fans. But I have only been doing this travel racing thing for 22 years. Maybe I am wrong. I certainly have been before and it won't be the last time. I am sure TST will have a spectacular crowd and a solid car count. As I said in my post I don't know anyone who pains over scheduling more than me. I have a 34 column spreadsheet that I use for scheduling. I share all information with the promoter when booking a date. The date at Dixie was moved up a week because of how Easter fell on the calendar this year.

Late_Model_Mark
04-20-2019, 09:18 AM
I get that KC, scheduling these days is a pain-in-the-keyster. I look at some of the Northeast tracks in New York, Pennsylvania and other venues and I don't know how they do it sometimes. Anyways, best of luck to all in the coming weeks, we need some sun please!

LMM

TerryM
04-20-2019, 10:15 AM
The SAS series, unless it’s paying 10K to win, doesn’t even give the fans a complete show. That’s the real story here. Two tracks two hours apart having 4K-to-win shows on the same night shouldn’t even raise an eyebrow.

jog49
04-20-2019, 10:37 AM
"Does me being a transplant from another state make me less of a person, race fan, announcer or? I hope not."

LOL! You're in the South. Of course it makes a difference.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-20-2019, 12:11 PM
"Does me being a transplant from another state make me less of a person, race fan, announcer or? I hope not."

LOL! You're in the South. Of course it makes a difference.And that is not anything to brag about.

dirt crow
04-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Terry M - my big complaint with SAS is all races use to pay 5k or higher. Now most races are a 4k. Total step in the wrong direction. Thus the decline in drivers running SAS points. The series is not the same. The Johnson, Smith, Hommel, Madden days much better.

B_K
04-20-2019, 04:23 PM
And that is not anything to brag about.

Who’s bragging?

chupp n bloomer fan
04-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Well, did not jog say of course it makes a difference?

It shouldn’t matter where the he!! you are from, but I know it does.

B_K
04-20-2019, 09:15 PM
It’s hard to explain. Where you’re from doesn’t matter as long as when you get here you don’t immediately start telling everybody the way you did it where you’re from and how it’s so much better.

1. We 100% don’t care
2. We probably didn’t ask
3. If it was so great, why you here?

I can get along with most anyone or I can argue with a light pole. I’m perfectly content doing either.

153J
04-20-2019, 09:23 PM
"I can get along with most anyone or I can argue with a light pole. I’m perfectly content doing either."

thats the best thing ive read or heard in a long time

chupp n bloomer fan
04-21-2019, 07:21 AM
Agreed. Not that it is the same, but I moved from NE Ohio to central/SE Ohio, and of course I don’t broadcast it. Because who who gives a you know what.

But there are certainly people who if you aren’t from that area make it a strike against you. I could care less.

Don’t talk to the light pole too long, might put you in the nut house.