PDA

View Full Version : xr1 air shock

maypop racing engines
04-22-2019, 01:26 PM
load numbers should be close to same as using a standard shock and spring correct?

billetbirdcage
04-22-2019, 02:14 PM
load numbers should be close to same as using a standard shock and spring correct?

Your ride height load should be (unless your doing something wierd) but likely you extended load will be different depending on what you was using for std spring combo. The extended # will most likely be way higher.

PS: I'm not a fan of them but that means nothing

maypop racing engines
04-22-2019, 02:33 PM
thanks billet.......... i ran a 150/200 stack before..... just going to throw this on for early in the night to try it never ran it before

Kromulous
04-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Just to discuss, and not high jack, but has anyone ever ran an air shock in the front? Pop up / Traction shock?

billetbirdcage
04-22-2019, 06:34 PM
Just to discuss, and not high jack, but has anyone ever ran an air shock in the front? Pop up / Traction shock?

Krom, you do realize the air shock replaces the spring, right? So if you mean adding one to the front with also a air shock or some spring on back would be like running a spring on front and one on back.

Kromulous
04-23-2019, 08:34 AM
Yep, normal spring in the back, say a 80 lber and a Air shock in front. Just decrease the rod pressure, i know on the Penske i have ran (In the Back) i used to run 400-600 lbs or so lbs of nitrogen, i thought about trying it on the front with say 200lbs Pressure?

Just need to help make the car stay up, while running parallel bars !

Seems like an air shock in the front would be really adjustable over a normal big bleed Integra. Although i never have tried one of the adjustable compression Integras...

billetbirdcage
04-23-2019, 09:15 AM
Yep, normal spring in the back, say a 80 lber and a Air shock in front. Just decrease the rod pressure, i know on the Penske i have ran (In the Back) i used to run 400-600 lbs or so lbs of nitrogen, i thought about trying it on the front with say 200lbs Pressure?

Just need to help make the car stay up, while running parallel bars !

Seems like an air shock in the front would be really adjustable over a normal big bleed Integra. Although i never have tried one of the adjustable compression Integras...

I have to assume with that much pressure that the penske was a small shaft air shock and not a 1.25" shaft air shock (not 100% sure if penske has a large shaft one but know they have a 5/8 shaft one for sure).

Not sure how you'd be able to do that and not have the ride height really high if you have much extended load on both. I don't see that working out very well, but wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong. I think you'd be much better off working on the LR front shock and it's valving and low speed and driving habit's to correct your issue.

To have a better chance of making that work, to me you would want an air shock that has an adjustable air volume so you can have the largest air volume possible so that the ride hieght load # is as low as possible and still retain higher open load # so your not overly raising your ride hieght thus having to lower the deck.

Kromulous
04-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Just so happens, i am working on a new LRF shock for just this, bigger bleed more dampening etc.

So i will keep going down that path.

My Penske is the 5/8s shaft model BTW.

Thanks Billet !

billetbirdcage
04-23-2019, 09:43 AM
Just so happens, i am working on a new LRF shock for just this, bigger bleed more dampening etc.

So i will keep going down that path.

My Penske is the 5/8s shaft model BTW.

Thanks Billet !

I know just enough about internal working of shocks to be dangerous, but bigger bleed should reduce the low speed and/or the zero point and I'm not sure that is what you want if your talking the compression side.

gatorade
04-23-2019, 10:27 AM
put it out in front on a clamp bracket instead of on the cage

Kromulous
04-23-2019, 01:05 PM
We ran our Mod for years, shock clamped in front, and spring on a slider on the back, loved it. Never beeen brave enough to try it on a SLM, that may change thou!

Yeah, shocks are fun i think. Its quite a battle to get the right numbers sometimes.

Krooser
07-03-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm still trying to get my buggy springs right...