PDA

View Full Version : j bar rake

riddle28
04-25-2019, 12:09 PM
is there a window you guys try to stay in? ive been fighting an entry problem for awhile and i feel like this may be a contributor to it

fastford
04-26-2019, 08:05 AM
what is your entry problem?

RaceEngineer
04-26-2019, 09:23 AM
is there a window you guys try to stay in? ive been fighting an entry problem for awhile and i feel like this may be a contributor to itAnything over 8" is overkill, imo

Kromulous
04-26-2019, 09:54 AM
I have noticed some cars have a look about them on entry, where the body looks like its trying to left up and over the RR tire. Kinda like a pole vault, and the connection point to the ground is outside the RR tire aways, say 6 ft or so. Does anyone follow me on that?

Anyway, these cars i noticed are loose on entry, and always fight it. I think its a J Bar thing, to much angle, or Pinion side to high, but i would like to hear some other opinions on it.

95shaw
04-26-2019, 01:08 PM
I'd say, the j bar is lifting the whole car, and the front is controlling any roll.
All weight is on the pivot point on the pinion.

Either braking the car loose, or the stop at topped suspension shaking car loose.
jmo

RaceEngineer
04-26-2019, 01:19 PM
I'd say, the j bar is lifting the whole car, and the front is controlling any roll. All weight is on the pivot point on the pinion.Either braking the car loose, or the stop at topped suspension shaking car loose.jmoThe j bar makes a crappy suspension.

Austin34471
04-27-2019, 08:49 AM
The j bar makes a crappy suspension.

As does the decoupled 4 link system with extreme trailing link angle.. Luckily Hoosier makes us a floppy enough tire to make up for our lack of emphasis on working suspensions

RaceEngineer
04-27-2019, 03:13 PM
As does the decoupled 4 link system with extreme trailing link angle.. Luckily Hoosier makes us a floppy enough tire to make up for our lack of emphasis on working suspensionsVery true........