PDA

View Full Version : FAIRBURY. May 4. 2019 Season Opener. UMP LM $2,500 win & $300 start weekly. RACE INFO

HoosierDirtFan
04-27-2019, 09:34 AM
Fairbury American Legion Speedway
Fairbury, Illinois
"America's Dirt track"
-
Track Website - http://www.fairburyspeedway.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Fairbury-American-Legion-Speedway127131240638893
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/FALS_NATION
-
OWNER / PROMOTER / DIRECTOR OF RACE OPERATIONS
Matt Curl
-
PHONE NUMBERS
Matt Curl ----- (309)-532-7862
Track Race Day Only ----- (815)-692-3222
-
TRACK ADDRESS
600 S. 3rd Street
Fairbury, Illinois 61739
-
MAILING ADDRESS
PO Box 165
Fairbury, IL 61739
-
TRACK
1/4 Mile Semi Banked Oval
-
ADMISSION PRICES
Adult Pit Passes - $25.00
Kids 12 & Under Pit Passes - $15. with paying adult
Adult Grandstand General Admission - $10.00
Kids 12 & Under Grandstand General Admission - FREE with paying adult
-
TRACK TIMES - (TRACK IS ON CENTRAL STANDARD TIME)
Gate 3 (Pit Gate) - 2:00pm Cst
Gate 2 - 2:00pm Cst
Driver Registration Opens - 2:30pm Cst
Driver Registration Closes - 5:30pm Cst
Gate 1 - 5:00pm Cst
Drivers Meeting - 5:15pm Cst
Hot Laps - 5:45pm Cst
Qualifying - 6:15pm Cst
Racing - 7:00pm Cst
-
REGISTRATION
All drivers must fill out W-9 form. There is no cost to register for this event.
-
TRANSPONDERS
FALS uses AMB (red) classic transponders for the MyLaps scoring system. Transponder rental if you do not have your own is $5.00 for the night. You must turn in your transponder before getting paid for the night.
-
FAIRBURY WEEKLY TIRE RULES
UMP Late Models: Hoosier LM 20, LM 30 on LF, RF, LR - Hoosier LM 30, LM 40 option on RR ONLY
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds: Hoosier M-30S on (4) corners - Hoosier M-60 option on the RR ONLY
UMP Sportsman: Hoosier 275, 285, 305 (No wider than 10")
UMP Stock Cars: Hoosier M-30S on (4) corners - Hoosier M-60 option on the RR ONLY
Hobby Mods: Hoosier A-40, A-40s, H-40, M-30s, M-60 are permitted tire compounds
-
RESERVED TICKETS
Not Required
-
CAMPING
Free - Gates open at 12:00pm on Friday, May 3rd for the weekend
-
Saturday, May 4th 2019
"2019 Season Opener"
FALS CUP WEEKLY RACING - Presented by Summit Racing Equipment
-
DIVISIONS
UMP Super Late Models
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds
UMP Sportsman
UMP Street Stocks
Hobby Mods - (Hobby Class)
-
WEEKLY PAYOUTS
UMP Super Late Models - $2,500 to win & $300 to start. $60 tow
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds - $1,500 to win & $175 to start. $40 tow
UMP Sportsman - $350 to win & $75 to start. $35 tow
UMP Street Stocks - $325 to win & $65 to start. $35 tow
Hobby Mods - $60 to win & $60 to start. $25 tow <> Payout is a drivers / race team agreement
-
FALS Cup Weekly Racing Format
* Format will be used for all FALS weekly & non-sanctioned events though out the 2019 season unless otherwise announced
* Two laps qualifying for Late Models and Modifieds - 2/3 cars per session
* Sportsman, Stock Cars, Hobby Mods - Hot Laps / Qualifying
* All cars must cross the scales in the infield after qualifying (unless directed otherwise)
* Late Models - $100 Fast Time bonus sponsored by Cook Performance - Fast qualifier will spin the wheel for the invert in the heat races (1-4)
* Modifieds - $50 Fast Time Bonus sponsored by Cook Performance - Fast qualifier will spin the wheel for the invert in the heat races (1-4)
* Modified Heat Winners - $25 bonus sponsored by Great Lakes Lifting Solutions
* Sportsman & Stock Cars will invert lineups based on number spun on the FALS Wheel
* Hobby Mods will line up based on time (A/B) if transponders are available. If not will line up by draw.

* Time Limits will be Strictly enforced.
Hot Laps - Qualifying - Heat Races - Last Chance Showdown - Features
* Hot Laps - 2/3 laps
* Qualifying Late Models & Modifieds - 2 laps
* Heats: 8 minutes
* LCS: 10 minutes
* Features: Late Models - 30 Minutes
Modifieds - 25 Minutes
Sportsman, Stock Cars, & Hobby Mods - 20 minutes

*Each race will get one chance at a green / white / checkered / once time limit has expired. (Race Director has the ability to extend time based on race circumstances.)

*Race Laps:
Late Models: Heats - 8 laps, LCS - 10 laps, Features - 30 laps
Modifieds: Heats - 8 laps, LCS - 10 laps, Features - 25 laps
Sportsman: Heats - 8 laps, LCS - 8 laps, Features - 15 laps
Stock Cars: Heats - 8 laps, LCS - 8 laps, Features - 15 laps
Hobby Mods: Heats 6 laps, Feature - 12 laps

* Number Of Heat Races Per Night Are Based On Car Counts As Follows:
20 and under car counts: 2 Heats (All cars transfer to feature)
21-30 cars: 3 Heats (top 5 transfer) + Top 5 from LCS
31-40 cars: 4 Heats (top 4 transfer) + Top 2 from 2 LCS
41+ cars: 5 Heats (top 3 transfer) + Top 3 from 2 LCS

HoosierDirtFan
04-27-2019, 09:37 AM
Will be interesting to see who all shows up for the 1st night of the 2019 season with raised weekly payouts. It wouldn't surprise me to see 25-30+Late Models show up. Would be a good tune up for the MARS / ALMS sanctioned FALS Frenzy on Saturday, May 11th.

DadofTrouble
04-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Everyone missed the greatest thing ever. Time limits on the races. I've sat through some horrible 45 minute sportsman: modified features that made me want to pull my hair out. Wish every track would use this and enforce it.

huskerdirt
04-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Everyone missed the greatest thing ever. Time limits on the races. I've sat through some horrible 45 minute sportsman: modified features that made me want to pull my hair out. Wish every track would use this and enforce it.

FALS won’t be the first track to have time limits.

kazual
04-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Several interesting things in my view. $10 general admission, under 12 free with paying adult, formatted by specific times from start to finish, time limits as someone mentioned, late model fast time bonus, $25 to mod heat winners, late model heat inversions by spinning the wheel, etc. No surprise to anyone that keeps up with them but FALS has it going on, hope fans support them in a big way.

chathamracefan
04-30-2019, 08:32 PM
Can’t make it this week but plan to hit up a weekly show or 2 this year where I would not have made the 4 hour round trip in the past except for specials

ImCryn2
05-01-2019, 07:09 AM

No doubt! You left out the Late Models stopping to draw 2 courtesy laps to change a tire tho.....

Highside Hustler25
05-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Huskerdirt>FALS won't be the first track to have time limits

And nobody said they were ya bozo, but then again, this isn't your presious I 80.

huskerdirt
05-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Huskerdirt>FALS won't be the first track to have time limits

And nobody said they were ya bozo, but then again, this isn't your presious I 80.

This literally had nothing to do with I-80. I-80 isn’t a track that does time limits. So if you are assuming I’m referring to I-80. It seems pretty clear that you are. Then you would be incorrect.

Some people on here make everything out what FALS does as the first to ever do it. They would be pretty far off base.

Best of luck to FALS this year.

Highside Hustler25
05-01-2019, 10:13 AM
No, nobody said they were the first. You tried to make it look that way tho. You never have anything positive to say about FALS. But you always have a comment. If the track is not West of the Mississippi, it's irrelevant to you.

thexfactor0210
05-01-2019, 11:27 AM
I am very excited for what Fairbury is doing for late models and mods. As well all know weekly late model racing, especially in Illinois, is on a serious downward spiral. I sure hope this helps. I wish they could have gotten a bigger point to entice guys to run it all year or scheduled some late model off days during Summernationals. Either way, this is a great thing Matt Curl and the staff have done for the drivers and fans. I personally do not want to see all late models go to being crates!!!

huskerdirt
05-01-2019, 12:44 PM
No, nobody said they were the first. You tried to make it look that way tho. You never have anything positive to say about FALS. But you always have a comment. If the track is not West of the Mississippi, it's irrelevant to you.

I’ve never said anything negative about FALS, the track, or its management. Not once. In fact I’ve applauded them for many things.

I’ve only criticized the fan base and other types for the consistent hypocrisy comparing FALS to other tracks. FALS runs till 1am.... they get a pass. Any other track, people would be throwing pitchforks. I’m not the only on this board that recognizes that. On that note the time limit might be the first negative I’ve said somewhat about FALS in 2 years and it even wasn’t directed at the track.

You twisted my words, so I twisted yours. I think we are done here.

dmr37
05-01-2019, 01:55 PM
with all the rain, I hope the place doesn't flood. Grundy County speedway, about 40 miles north, has already cancelled for this weekend.

TackyTracker
05-02-2019, 11:31 AM
yeah I really don't see them being able to race this weekend