PDA

View Full Version : Black Front Rocket spindle

chasefrehley
04-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Is there a right front spindle that is interchangeable with a black front end Rocket that could be used instead of the standard spindle?

billetbirdcage
05-01-2019, 01:52 PM
A 95-08 tall GRT spindle is fairly close but not exact, it's slightly taller from the snout to the upper ball joint about 3/8" and think the inclination is with in 1 degree but there are some slight differences in the steering arm but over all pretty close.

I'm pretty sure there is a masters spindle close also, but not a masters guy to tell you what year or version to ask for.

Edit: I'm assuming you meant a replacement spindle you could use if you have a black front end rocket and can't get a spindle from rocket and needed a replacement.

Jking24
05-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Ppm also makes black front rocket spindals

chasefrehley
05-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Yeah looking for a replacement, Rocket wants me to purchase an XR-1 instead.

bullittwrench
05-03-2019, 06:05 AM
Bernheisel in Pa sells them.

RacerX10
05-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Yeah looking for a replacement, Rocket wants me to purchase an XR-1 instead.

they won't sell you parts for your car ????????

Jking24
05-09-2019, 05:24 AM
Last i checked rocket still sells black spindals. Maybe they recommend running a newer spindal. But if they don't is that really that bad. It's not like you can walk in your local ford or gm dealer and buy parts for any ford or gm ever made. They only support stuff for so long and once the old stock runs out thats it you now have to deal with aftermarket. And in this situation their are plenty of people who still make a black rocket spindal if that's what you really want

crownman25
06-20-2019, 10:28 AM
if your in the slick the black spindles are good.. theres more speed in shocks!!!! you can put a grey or blue on the rf this will help turn and maybe the lf wont be as lifty with this combo..

crownman25
06-20-2019, 10:31 AM
I hlpd a guy with a stock box 2006 grt and bought some very very good shocks and tried some springs I had never ran and it was very very fast,You just have to watch for rf frame rail and crossmember hitting.This is where the newer cars are better they can run soft rf stuff with raised rails and crossmember.If you are a good fab guy you can do some work and get an older car pretty good..

crownman25
06-20-2019, 10:34 AM
I have a collection of spindles tried them all the aint gonna make you go fast swapping diff brands and yes grt masters rockets older stuff very close I have jigs and the blue rocket is pretty much same as the rayburn spindle I ran 20 years ago!