PDA

View Full Version : Moulton...

NorthAlabama
05-04-2019, 01:51 AM
With around 94 cars and a good crowd, 22 602s and about a dozen 604s, there were some good racing and a lot of wrecker work esp in the 602s which took a long time before the main race got under way with so many wrecks. The word was from the pits that there were 4 SLMs but one loaded and left early (212). There were to be SLM hot laps, none, to be SLM time trials, none, then no word on the SLMs, and no SLMs seen. Hope this is not the future because I will not pay $12 with no SLMs, where is our $2 refund? Moulton broke it's ideal tradition again by not giving the 604 Crates 2 full laps of time trials. Let me explain. Both trials are given to each driver to better his best, but when you ramp on the track past turn 4, trying to get up to speed before the start line, which you can't, the first time trial is a dud. In the past, a driver on his 2nd time trial on the back straight away was the key to let the next driver to enter behind him, onto the track past turn 2 from the infield allowing a 1/2 of a track to get up to speed and on line for his first time trial, thus, 2 full time trials for each driver. This new Moulton manager has determined to cut time and thinks this new way saves time. Now he states that drivers will only get 1 time trial starting at the start line, how is that going to work? He made no sense with BEEEEEEEEP liners which were BEEEEEEEEP lines. Maybe he was having a bad night. Moulton's 604 drivers need to speak up to get their 2 fair time trials, not with the first slow time trial, then the second one that counts.

Zonks32x
05-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Be greatful you had 94 cars in the pits.

On the qualifying deal, why here? What's 4m going to do about it. Call the track, speak to the promoter, or send him a friendly email with a kindly worded suggestion. Encourage drivers to do the same.

HoosierDirtFan
05-04-2019, 08:54 AM
With around 94 cars and a good crowd, 22 602s and about a dozen 604s, there were some good racing and a lot of wrecker work esp in the 602s which took a long time before the main race got under way with so many wrecks. The word was from the pits that there were 4 SLMs but one loaded and left early (212). There were to be SLM hot laps, none, to be SLM time trials, none, then no word on the SLMs, and no SLMs seen. Hope this is not the future because I will not pay $12 with no SLMs, where is our $2 refund? Moulton broke it's ideal tradition again by not giving the 604 Crates 2 full laps of time trials. Let me explain. Both trials are given to each driver to better his best, but when you ramp on the track past turn 4, trying to get up to speed before the start line, which you can't, the first time trial is a dud. In the past, a driver on his 2nd time trial on the back straight away was the key to let the next driver to enter behind him, onto the track past turn 2 from the infield allowing a 1/2 of a track to get up to speed and on line for his first time trial, thus, 2 full time trials for each driver. This new Moulton manager has determined to cut time and thinks this new way saves time. Now he states that drivers will only get 1 time trial starting at the start line, how is that going to work? He made no sense with BEEEEEEEEP liners which were BEEEEEEEEP lines. Maybe he was having a bad night. Moulton's 604 drivers need to speak up to get their 2 fair time trials, not with the first slow time trial, then the second one that counts.

I agree with Zonks - Not to be a butthead but whining on 4m isn't going to do you any good my friend. Contact the track on Facebook or e-mail them. Talk to them.

B_K
05-04-2019, 09:07 AM
You prefer 0 cars?

mcarter815
05-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Get rid of time trials altogether.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Get rid of time trials altogether.Precisely, that few of cars in the heats, run em on a pill draw. Or hot lap qualifying for heat. I know, that’s the devil down yonder.

dirt crow
05-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Regular weekly shows with time trials sucks!! Period!! End of story!!

NorthAlabama
05-04-2019, 07:26 PM
Maybe I did not make it clear enough, it was face to face, well, face to something? When your nice to a guy and trying to help him and he replies like a whatever? When I replied the words "and the Supers also", that is when he went South. Again, he and the SLMs had a serious problem last night, dispute over car count/purse. They announced Supers staging for hot laps and time trials but no Supers showed. Very strange. Supers are not returning and it is showing, something is serious wrong.......... This is a forum which helps to get word out on how to fix and solve issues at tracks to make things better for all, not asking 4m to do a thing.

zach51
05-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Hopefully they had a WHAAAAmbulance on duty for you.

Mason87
05-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Lol, yea I was thinking the same thing. Crying about $2 be cause supers didn't race. I pay 15 for a normal show and 20 plus for supers depending on what series runs at my local track and they dont even come close to 94 cars in the pits.