PDA

View Full Version : Peoria Speedway sold

Shiny Side Up 18
05-06-2019, 08:35 PM
From Peoria Speedway FB:

"Attention Race Family, Effective Immediately:

Peoria Speedway is now under the sole ownership of Brandon Dean. After numerous discussions and careful consideration, Jason Plumer will be pursuing other opportunities. This announcement will bring many changes to the Saturday night programs, starting this weekend!

“I want to thank Jason for all he has done for the Peoria Speedway, and for starting this venture with me. Without his racing experience, pairing with my business experience, the Speedway would not have succeeded over the past few years. “ – Brandon Dean

Unfortunately, the vision of both owners has gone two separate ways over the years. The owners met this week and reached an agreement. Brandon will purchase the Peoria Speedway effective immediately. Jason Plumer cares very much for the Speedway, it’s fans and it’s drivers. We are happy to come to a mutual agreement quickly!

Now we need your support to keep racing alive at the Peoria Speedway! Join us this Saturday night!

This Saturday, we will begin weekly Time Trials for both the Late Model and the Modified divisions.

The Crate Modifieds will revert back to the 2018 rules, and have an open engine option.

And one more thing, as a BIG thank you to everybody who has supported the Peoria Speedway, General Admission will be $5 this weekend!"

fryefan
05-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Time trials are a huge waste of time and wear out the track. They lead to freight-train racing.

Zonks32x
05-06-2019, 11:57 PM
$5 admission...can't grouse too loud.

highgroove
05-07-2019, 12:12 AM
Jason plummer was the worse thing to ever happen to peoria speedway.

ImCryn2
05-07-2019, 12:16 AM
It's worth mentioning for those who don't know, Brandon has been a co-owner along with Jason since the track was purchased a few years back. He's a good guy who likes racing. fwiw, he owned the modifieds Ray Guss Jr drove for a couple years, if my memory serves they were #128

ImCryn2
05-07-2019, 12:20 AM
Jason plummer was the worse thing to ever happen to peoria speedway.

You share that opinion with alot of other folks. I believe his intentions were good tho.