PDA

View Full Version : Bubba The Love Sponge" Clem & Bubba Raceway Park face foreclosure. Still owe $94,000+

HoosierDirtFan
05-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Bubba "The Love Sponge" Clem & Bubba Raceway Park face foreclosure
Still owe $94,000+

Link - https://www.tampabay.com/business/bubba-the-love-sponges-tampa-studio-and-ocala-racetrack-face-foreclosure-20190510

Dlmfan123
05-11-2019, 12:46 AM
https://www.facebook.com/187008831331365/posts/1818431028189129?sfns=mo

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-11-2019, 07:39 AM
https://www.facebook.com/187008831331365/posts/1818431028189129?sfns=mo

Bubba has it right. Everyone else is wrong...

huskerdirt
05-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Bubba has it right. Everyone else is wrong...

You didn’t even read the article.

luke81
05-11-2019, 10:23 AM
I knew this was coming. The track is failing. Nobody shows up, and they've gone to basically a "specials only" format this year. I'm very surprised the ownership of the track isn't actually under one of the other investors with Bubba as a licensing deal, I thought they were smarter than that.

CIRF
05-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Hopefully someone will take over the operation of the track at Ocala if it comes to that. BRP is a nice facility and we've seen some very good racing there during February Speedweeks over the past decade. I wasn't aware that BRP is the oldest auto racing facility in the state of Florida.

Bubba always has come off as a bit of a douche bag with his radio antics and the whole weird deal with Hulk Hogan. Now it turns out he isn't much of a businessman, either.

We're already totally set up with lodging for 2020 Speedweeks in Florida. Hopefully the Lucas Oil Late Models and USAC midget and sprint car shows go on as usual down there.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Hopefully someone will take over the operation of the track at Ocala if it comes to that. BRP is a nice facility and we've seen some very good racing there during February Speedweeks over the past decade. I wasn't aware that BRP is the oldest auto racing facility in the state of Florida.

Bubba always has come off as a bit of a douche bag with his radio antics and the whole weird deal with Hulk Hogan. Now it turns out he isn't much of a businessman, either.

We're already totally set up with lodging for 2020 Speedweeks in Florida. Hopefully the Lucas Oil Late Models and USAC midget and sprint car shows go on as usual down there.Lol. The Hulkster thing is just creepy, and shady as can be. You let some other guy bang your fake wife just so you can videotape it without his knowledge, and sell it to make money. I mean, just wow.

fastford
05-11-2019, 11:52 AM
i would have thought they would have made that 94k or more during one speed week , must have been blowing the money on his sons racing and not paying his bills ......

luke81
05-11-2019, 12:45 PM
I think someone else is footing the bill for his son's racing. He recently lost his house (or, technically was forced to sell it to pay out his Neilson lawsuit losses) and he still owes a lot more to the IRS, local taxes, and his other lawsuit losses. He's off regular radio totally, with his show playing (sometimes...) on a local AM station. You guys know that he got his good friend disbarred along with 2 other lawyers for getting them wrapped up in a DUI setup gimmick back when he was involved in a lawsuit with another radio DJ? And now, in a last ditch effort to get himself out of this hole he's involved in suing a bunch of people over the whole wife/hogan thing. He's also accused of domestic violence against his former girlfriend. The clown literally begs for people to go on Amazon and buy him stuff on his show. He's done, toast, over with.

luke81
05-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Oh and i just took a look at our local court records, Bank of America just recently took him to court for not paying his credit card bill. The balance owed was $15,000....now $15g's isn't sneezing money for most of us, but for a guy who has always bragged about how rich he is 15g's shouldn't have been a thing.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-11-2019, 01:31 PM
I think someone else is footing the bill for his son's racing. He recently lost his house (or, technically was forced to sell it to pay out his Neilson lawsuit losses) and he still owes a lot more to the IRS, local taxes, and his other lawsuit losses. He's off regular radio totally, with his show playing (sometimes...) on a local AM station. You guys know that he got his good friend disbarred along with 2 other lawyers for getting them wrapped up in a DUI setup gimmick back when he was involved in a lawsuit with another radio DJ? And now, in a last ditch effort to get himself out of this hole he's involved in suing a bunch of people over the whole wife/hogan thing. He's also accused of domestic violence against his former girlfriend. The clown literally begs for people to go on Amazon and buy him stuff on his show. He's done, toast, over with.

Oh and i just took a look at our local court records, Bank of America just recently took him to court for not paying his credit card bill. The balance owed was $15,000....now $15g's isn't sneezing money for most of us, but for a guy who has always bragged about how rich he is 15g's shouldn't have been a thing.Classy guy.

Just think, Howard Stern has that massive deal with XM, probably makes his blood boil, lmao.

ZERO25
05-11-2019, 02:38 PM
Sad to see him going downhill like this. We raced there for several years and he was always more than fair with the racers! I know he has a multi-million dollar lawsuit against Cox media over his last contract with them, not sure of the details.

I hope he gets the ship righted as I think its one of the best facilities in Florida!

dirtcrazy4u
05-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Bubba the love sponge. Rolling on the floor. Hilarious.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-11-2019, 09:01 PM
Husker,

What did I miss? The foreclosure proceedings? Or that he says it's just a small legal matter that's being resolved?

I know I can't measure up to your greatness, but I try.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2019, 10:32 AM
MIDGET WRESLING COMING TO BRP!
Hulk Hogan productions

turnleftandgasit
05-12-2019, 10:46 AM
I have listened to hundreds of hours of his show. He had talent. Sure, he wasn't for everybody, but he had a following as big or bigger than 99% of the shock jocks out there. Seems like his kid isn't a bad regional racer either.

CIRF
05-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Talent? That's very debatable. The operative word is "had" a following. It appears to have been more of a timing thing. Clem hit it big about the time that shock was cutting edge and in vogue, especially within the young demographic looking for something that was intended to be edgy. You know, stuff their parents probably wouldn't like or enjoy. I reckon it was edgy to a certain degree. I was a part of that demographic and I listened to the guy, until the shine went off of the apple. But like a lot of pop culture fads Clem's style couldn't sustain itself and he didn't have the foresight and creativeness to sustain it beyond the fad going out of vogue. One thing is beyond question, Clem was/is one strange ranger!

It appears that he'll get what he gave regarding the rest of his personal train wreck. Just really hope someone steps up to save the racetrack and keeps is going.

ZERO25
05-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Hulk Hogan productions

You vs C-Dubya for the inaugural main event? :)

Josh Bayko
05-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Hulk Hogan productions

I know you’re joking, but it would be hilarious if Hulk bought BRP after the foreclosure as an FU to Bubba.

Clayton_Wetter
05-12-2019, 03:19 PM
You vs C-Dubya for the inaugural main event? :)

Yep, chainsaws at ten paces!!!! grrrrrrr!!!

Well, cut his legs off and call him shorty!!!!

Hoosier
05-12-2019, 05:34 PM
I believe Bubba's will forever be the first track I've visited which had a (female) attendant in the (men's)
toilet

Clayton_Wetter
05-12-2019, 05:44 PM
For those that need a helping hand!!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
05-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Sadly, I don’t think Hulk is doing very well financially either. Though yes, it would be great irony. He was my favorite wrestler growing up.

Josh Bayko
05-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Hulk has been doing much better financially the last couple years. The Gawker lawsuit went in his favor, and he has received a bunch of that money and his ex won’t get any of that money. He’s also back on the WWE payroll, and while those WWE legend deals don’t pay what in ring deals do, they do pay pretty well.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Gotcha man. Good to hear. I knew after the divorce, he wasn’t doing well.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Wasnt he dating his daughters friend or was that just a fling?

HoosierDirtFan
05-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Wasnt he dating his daughters friend or was that just a fling?

No that was Hulk's ex-wife dating her & Hulk's sons best friend.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2019, 03:42 AM
No that was Hulk's ex-wife dating her & Hulk's sons best friend.And she was nothing special whatsoever. Daughter was pretty cute, I have no idea now.

luke81
05-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Bubba did have radio talent. At one time, ending around 2010ish, he was actually pretty funny most of the time. He was doing very, very well for himself. But he's also got an enormously fragile, but huge ego. He can dish out the shot talk but can't take it at all. He got fired from Cox (in part) because he wasn't a funny shock jock anymore, he was just a cranky whiner who spent most of his show complaining about literally everything in the world. When he got fired from Cox and they moved the afternoon guy into his morning slot Bubba literally lost his mind. He got on another station and he launched this absurd radio war against his old station, and it absolutely consumed him and his show. He totally stopped putting on an amusing show and spent nearly every minute on-air on the offensive against the old station and specifically the host of the show that took his place. It was miserable, sad radio and nobody wanted to listen. So he lost that station, and then got busted down to AM radio where any of us could have a radio show for a few bucks. Also to keep this racing-centric, Bubba also also had an engine builder in his shop that built Mark Whitener an illegal crate and got his suspended from NeSmith for a year.

heinen81
05-13-2019, 11:24 AM
He was/possibly is still very good friends with Tony Stewart. Tony up until last year anyways, was paying for and mentoring Tyler as he ran 410's, wingless and late models. May see BRP get some help from Stewart. Rumor years ago, that you can find online, is Tony was also smoking Bubbas wife as well, with Bubbas blessing. Its a weird batch of characters down there.

MRM
05-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Not sure why the OP used a thumbs up icon to post this info. Any time a track is in trouble is not good news.

turnleftandgasit
05-15-2019, 06:50 AM
Bubba was on XM back when they first fired up the satellite. They really leaned on FL radio to get them going. That was when clear channel was still heavily involved in XM. Bubba, The Monsters, Love Docs and Phillips File were all on one channel. Once the Tits for Tots thing blew up, he was pulled and the Monsters went live instead of a 1 hr delay. This was the beginning of the end for him. Losing the thousands of truckers that listened to him was a huge hit. By the time Stern let him on Sirius, he was too far down the rabbit hole to save.

RaceEngineer
05-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Not sure why the OP used a thumbs up icon to post this info. Any time a track is in trouble is not good news.I'd say the track can continue long after bubba has melted down.

ZERO25
05-15-2019, 07:26 PM
I'd say the track can continue long after bubba has melted down.

With Stewart as a partner, im sure the track will be fine!

luke81
05-17-2019, 07:42 AM
For what its worth (roughly nothing....) Bubba is now totally off of regular radio as of today, he parted with the AM station he was on. He is still on a couple streaming services, but doing free radio and not being able to generate any ad dollars isn't going to get him out of this hole.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-17-2019, 07:55 AM
For what its worth (roughly nothing....) Bubba is now totally off of regular radio as of today, he parted with the AM station he was on. He is still on a couple streaming services, but doing free radio and not being able to generate any ad dollars isn't going to get him out of this hole.Really sad to fall that far downhill.