PDA

View Full Version : 2013 B/G Rocket ? on Ride hight

JLyons
05-11-2019, 09:28 PM
My garage floor ain’t the most level thing in the world and I’m wondering if there are some tubes on my car that I can set level on stand and it be like the car is setting at hide hight on a perfectly level floor so I can set my front end.Thanks in advance

Jking24
05-13-2019, 07:28 PM
I have a freind that insist on doing this every winter he basically levels the car left to right and has a little rake in it front to back and then he roughs the front end in. I say rough because it's never right but i will say that it usually is close. Waste of time in my opinion but it makes him feel better. You have a rocket if it's not bent their standard measurements and shim recommendations will have you really close. I recommend getting a cheap lazer level and some wood and building a set of "scale" pads that fit your floor. Mark their location so they always end up in the same spot try to get them with in a 1/8 inch of each other and use these for all setup procedures. Your time is far better spent doing this than three other way. And a tip make them long enough that you can roll the car back and forth. Also many make them high enough that they can get under the car without a jack

JLyons
05-13-2019, 09:31 PM
You are saying he does it with rods then changes it later when he scales? I have been told by a few not to do it with rods but then also been told that’s how they say to set the new cars up.

JLyons
05-13-2019, 09:33 PM
I’m suppose to be taking my car to a friends that has scales with levels and when my car is on ride hights on level ground I’m going to hit a few places with a level and note them and build adjustable stands to get my car level but off the ground

Jking24
05-14-2019, 05:30 AM
No he actually doesn't use rods he uses a jack with a piece of tube to the lower ball joint and jacks up until he's at ride height (no shock and spring) while the car is on stands. Setting the car up with rods refers to literally scaleing the racecar with rods in place of the shocks and springs. And while I've never actually done it that way I've been told it can be very finicky because everything is so ridgid. Rocket recommends using some old flea market shocks with all oil removed and four of the heaviest springs you have that way you don't have to crank a bunch of turns to get a change but their is still some forgiveness

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-14-2019, 01:38 PM
I thought you had an XR1?

JLyons
05-14-2019, 03:16 PM
Haha XRi wish, idk who you are but if you was talking about my spoiler the two races, I got my car off Rod and RJ and it didn’t have a spoiler. They told me to find the best one I could in a pile and it was one off one of their new car, just never got around to taking it off. I cut off the XR1 the other day lol