PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with madden

Buckeye SLM
05-17-2019, 01:52 PM
can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet, but whats the deal with madden this year? he's usually more of a contender regardless of where he runs and what he's in.....seems surprising to me. anyone have an opinion?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Hes in a capital car

Kromulous
05-17-2019, 02:44 PM
He is not running that bad, your making it sound like he is dragging ish... The Capital car isnt that far off, that i can see.

JMDraceHD98
05-17-2019, 02:46 PM
Hes in a capital car

Bingo!!!!!!!

No_Weak_Links
05-17-2019, 03:02 PM
If he can't make that car run up front it should tell you all you need to know. He's ran up front in every chassis brand he's sat in....including a Barry Wright when they were bad and everyone said he couldn't.

RaceEngineer
05-17-2019, 03:06 PM
If he can't make that car run up front it should tell you all you need to know. He's ran up front in every chassis brand he's sat in....including a Barry Wright when they were bad and everyone said he couldn't.Yeah, he has figured how to get it to where he wants it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Yeah, he has figured how to get it to where he wants it.

And he usally does it pretty quick. I say he will be out of capital car in 2 yrs

00Hdmn
05-17-2019, 03:39 PM
From what I have seen is he has been pretty close and consistently running in the top 5 and Bruening has been pretty fast also. Considering new cars and they really haven’t been able to race a bunch I say they are pretty good all things considered.

ZERO25
Yeah, he has figured how to get it to where he wants it.

Mr. Barely Right said, "we" found something Smokey liked!

george w
He is second in WOO points to b-shepp his last five finishes are two 2nds one 3rd a 5th n 7th before he won 10 large at Senoia not more then a month an a half ago, what am I missing here?

racer41
05-17-2019, 04:03 PM
Captial dont suite his driving style

Buckeye SLM
05-17-2019, 07:04 PM
He is second in WOO points to b-shepp his last five finishes are two 2nds one 3rd a 5th n 7th before he won 10 large at Senoia not more then a month an a half ago, what am I missing here?

That compared to this time last year, he had won several more races on and off woo and was leading the woo points. With marlar, terbo and Moran off woo, i don’t think it’s too much to expect more. He’s better than the year he’s having. That’s what you’re missing.

george w
05-17-2019, 08:29 PM
Buckeye SLM, I'm not a fan of his I just don't see why anyone would be surprised one way or another. I get the competition leaving and it's a good point, Madden hasn't only been hit by rainouts, he's pretty serious about family time...... Tyler B has looked pretty sporty aswell... I'll agree to disagree, would a strong run at eldora change your mind?

MEE
05-17-2019, 09:07 PM
Might just be KARMA biting his rear end........

RaceEngineer
05-17-2019, 11:05 PM
He is second in WOO points to b-shepp his last five finishes are two 2nds one 3rd a 5th n 7th before he won 10 large at Senoia not more then a month an a half ago, what am I missing here?Nothing. He is running well.

WildBill32
05-17-2019, 11:13 PM
He seems to run good no matter what type car he is in. Even though i think he be kind of a a$$ @ times.

President Clinton
05-18-2019, 05:03 AM
Could be the fact he is a salaried driver now instead of racing out of his own pocket and having to win to pay the bills????? Sometimes you don’t push quite as hard when you are in that situation on and off the track.

Highwayman
05-18-2019, 08:53 AM
If he can't make that car run up front it should tell you all you need to know. He's ran up front in every chassis brand he's sat in....including a Barry Wright when they were bad and everyone said he couldn't.

Exactly when was the Barry Wright, bad? The ICON was good before he(Madden) stepped into it after Ross Bailes and JD took turns in it. JD's time in the ICON was hindered by a lack of sponsorship and a less than stellar engine program. From JD leaving to Ross Bailes getting in with a different engine was like a week and he won right away... Only Nasa fanboys dish on BWRC, Barry builds a top of the line highly and professionally engineered car, period. The Capital needs some work, but I think that's why Madden was hired, to help find whats missing. Madden didnt make BWRC good, he just showcased it for the naysayers.

Dlmfan123
05-18-2019, 09:41 AM
He’s barely raced. Been rained out most of the time

jog49
05-18-2019, 10:24 AM
"Sometimes you don’t push quite as hard when you are in that situation on and off the track."

That's certainly not Chris Madden. He's all business in a race car seat. The monkey wrench has to be the car or the components being used, not the driver.

RaceEngineer
05-18-2019, 10:27 AM
If there were a monkey wrench. The guy is consistently running pretty well. In a sport where one turn on the RR spring adjuster can cost you 7 spots on the track.

No_Weak_Links
05-20-2019, 07:47 AM
Exactly when was the Barry Wright, bad? The ICON was good before he(Madden) stepped into it after Ross Bailes and JD took turns in it. JD's time in the ICON was hindered by a lack of sponsorship and a less than stellar engine program. From JD leaving to Ross Bailes getting in with a different engine was like a week and he won right away... Only Nasa fanboys dish on BWRC, Barry builds a top of the line highly and professionally engineered car, period. The Capital needs some work, but I think that's why Madden was hired, to help find whats missing. Madden didnt make BWRC good, he just showcased it for the naysayers.

You can sugar coat it however you want. All chassis builders struggle at times, wasn't a knock on BW. You can point the finger anywhere you want to point it, but facts are facts and the BW car was struggling until Madden took the seat. For whatever reason while Madden was there they found speed and nearly won the WOO championship.

Jking24
05-20-2019, 08:01 AM
You can sugar coat it however you want. All chassis builders struggle at times, wasn't a knock on BW. You can point the finger anywhere you want to point it, but facts are facts and the BW car was struggling until Madden took the seat. For whatever reason while Madden was there they found speed and nearly won the WOO championship.He's not sugar coating anything they are facts the icon has had speed since it debuted what it lacked was engines and the financial backing to run a tour. Madden brought both of those. Jd went right back to winning when he left and so did Barry the only thing that changed was the power plants and the funding. Bw was struggling before the icon . But he wrighted that ship before madden ever sat in that car

No_Weak_Links
05-20-2019, 01:15 PM
He's not sugar coating anything they are facts the icon has had speed since it debuted what it lacked was engines and the financial backing to run a tour. Madden brought both of those. Jd went right back to winning when he left and so did Barry the only thing that changed was the power plants and the funding. Bw was struggling before the icon . But he wrighted that ship before madden ever sat in that car

No he didn't. Ross Bailes ran the car before Madden with terrible results, except for winning a local show. The icon took off the next spring with Madden behind the wheel and won races finishing 2nd in points......I was at the world finals watching Bailes drive the car for the last time. Struggling would be an understatement.....again I'm not bashing BW, JD, Ross or anybody. LM racing has always been like this, just wait a while and a different chassis will be on a hot streak......if BW cars had been fast then EVERYBODY wouldn't have said Madden was making a mistake taking that ride.

Buckeye SLM
05-20-2019, 02:50 PM
No he didn't. Ross Bailes ran the car before Madden with terrible results, except for winning a local show. The icon took off the next spring with Madden behind the wheel and won races finishing 2nd in points......I was at the world finals watching Bailes drive the car for the last time. Struggling would be an understatement.....again I'm not bashing BW, JD, Ross or anybody. LM racing has always been like this, just wait a while and a different chassis will be on a hot streak......if BW cars had been fast then EVERYBODY wouldn't have said Madden was making a mistake taking that ride.

Actually, the first month they ran in August 2017, they had finishes of 2,2,9,7,1,1, Rain, 1,3,1. I hardly call that terrible......

ZERO25
05-20-2019, 04:10 PM
He's not sugar coating anything they are facts the icon has had speed since it debuted what it lacked was engines and the financial backing to run a tour. Madden brought both of those. Jd went right back to winning when he left and so did Barry the only thing that changed was the power plants and the funding. Bw was struggling before the icon . But he wrighted that ship before madden ever sat in that car

Actually, in an interview with Dod, Barry said, he and Madden, found something at Volusia during Speedweeks that really helped their chassis!

Mason87
05-20-2019, 04:50 PM
Yea I'm sure they made it better, but it wasn't a hunk of lead before madden got in it.

No_Weak_Links
05-20-2019, 09:48 PM
Actually, the first month they ran in August 2017, they had finishes of 2,2,9,7,1,1, Rain, 1,3,1. I hardly call that terrible......

These wins you're posting are Ross in his car the #87, and the Billy Hicks owned #79, not the BW house car. The house car did pick up a big win but it was the fastrack crate race in VA.

Buckeye SLM
05-21-2019, 11:58 AM
These wins you're posting are Ross in his car the #87, and the Billy Hicks owned #79, not the BW house car. The house car did pick up a big win but it was the fastrack crate race in VA.

The wins I'm posting started with their debut weekend together, which was at Bulls Gap mid-August. Davenport left end of July and Ross was in the car 2 weeks later. The last win Ross had in either of those cars was August 5th.

jog49
05-21-2019, 12:47 PM
2,2,9,7,1,1, Rain, 1,3,1

That's terrible! Oh, the humanity!!! LOL!
There was that spell there when Barry bypassed Clements and cut a deal with, what was it, Dollar Tree Engines?

dirtcrazy4u
05-21-2019, 12:54 PM
They finally got the xr-1 copy on integra's. That's what they found.

President Clinton
05-23-2019, 09:42 AM
To prove my point about lack of effort when you have a steady bankroll coming in ,,,,,, where are they racing this weekend? If it was my $$$ and as good as Chris can be, we would be racing????? Either taking the 14k available at Rome,Dixie,and 411 or we would e testing at tracks on the schedule.

jog49
05-23-2019, 01:44 PM
No singular money races this weekend. Relax, sit back, and smoke your Monica laced cigar!

RaceEngineer
05-23-2019, 04:24 PM
They finally got the xr-1 copy on integra's. That's what they found.The sticker on the side of the shock means nothing.

Barbecueboy
05-23-2019, 05:06 PM
Often a decoy?

chupp n bloomer fan
05-23-2019, 07:02 PM
Often a decoy?Yes, get yer tin foil hat on, it’s all conspiracies and lies. It’s all done so a Rocket affiliated team, as long as they are in the clique, wins.

Barbecueboy
05-23-2019, 10:16 PM
Was talking more about the tom foolery of it all between the teams and stuff.......

President Clinton
05-28-2019, 11:36 AM
No singular money races this weekend. Relax, sit back, and smoke your Monica laced cigar!

Guess we will see???? I would predict he doesn’t make it to the end of his deal in that ride??? People with $$$$ that love to race,want to race! Time will tell

President Clinton
06-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Well,well,welll

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Lol I was tryn to find this thread. Thanks mr president

President Clinton
06-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Lol I was tryn to find this thread. Thanks mr president

Probably see big things out of Shane now! Madden might need to re-evaluate his attitude or he might become a regional racer! lol

chupp n bloomer fan
06-14-2019, 08:23 AM
Well,well,welllGood call Slick Willie.