PDA

View Full Version : Integra Shocks?

Kromulous
05-26-2019, 11:25 PM
Anyone out there familiar with the various models of Integra shocks? Looking for the Pros and Cons of each. I have a IDA now, (RF tie down) i like it but before i buy anymore i wanted to see what impact a Remote canister has, and or a Piggy back style.

Thanks, Krom

billetbirdcage
05-28-2019, 03:22 PM
Most common seems to be canister RF and LR and IDA on RR.

Piggy back should have less hysteresis then a remote canister due to passage size to canister is usually smaller or longer to a remote canister with a hose.

CCHIEF
05-29-2019, 10:23 AM
IDA RF can lack needed available travel on certain chassis's.

Kromulous
05-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Precisely my problem, like the shock and the feel it gives but i need more room.

I dont understand the design of these cars, with the front shock mounts being so low. What would be the penalty of raising the shock mount, vertically higher on the chassis?

I did call and am getting a canister with the short body.

billetbirdcage
05-29-2019, 12:46 PM
What would be the penalty of raising the shock mount, vertically higher on the chassis?

I have tested it (years ago and many times since then) with replaceable upper mounts to adjust height and although I really figured one would/could see or feel a difference, it just doesn't seem to happen on any car I ever tried it on. Moving over 1" no driver could tell a difference and no one could see a difference in the car on track. Rear mounts: Yes. Front mounts: No

Punisher88
05-29-2019, 01:13 PM
Precisely the reason I raised the rf frame mount on my car. Shortened the strut bar across the top and had a new mount built that kept same shock angle and now have a much higher c2c that allows for more bump stop options and dont want to coil bind bump springs.