PDA

View Full Version : faiirbury camping

larryh98
05-27-2019, 07:16 AM
going to PDC and the camping was full. i was never there before, Is there other places in town to park motor home? if it is hard to get something i will need to tow a car and camp in the nearest camp ground.

Jking24
05-27-2019, 07:41 AM
Their are usually some people near the track who rent slots in their yards and i believe the school across the street is first come first serve starting on Wednesday but i know it fills up fast

highgroove
05-27-2019, 10:44 PM
going to pdc and the camping was full. I was never there before, is there other places in town to park motor home? If it is hard to get something i will need to tow a car and camp in the nearest camp ground.

they have non-reserved camping spots across from track, but you better get their early..also on rt 24 maybe 5 miles west of track their is a campground right along the highway..but i know nothing about it.

HoosierDirtFan
05-27-2019, 10:47 PM
going to PDC and the camping was full. i was never there before, Is there other places in town to park motor home? if it is hard to get something i will need to tow a car and camp in the nearest camp ground.

Camping across the street at the elementary school.

2drace
05-29-2019, 08:01 AM
Their are usually some people near the track who rent slots in their yards and i believe the school across the street is first come first serve starting on Wednesday but i know it fills up fast

Sent you a message

Mod22
05-29-2019, 11:46 AM

The group I go with have camped in the Elementary yard past few years and I'm pretty sure they pay to camp there. Also had another group stay just west of the track on the outskirts of town and rode their golf cart to the track.

t4g2
06-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Just fyi if you don't have reserved seats you get there extra early to put blanket down or find someone with extra reserved seats as it's all sold out front stretch and back stretch. Only thing available is general admission first come first serve. Not bashing or anything just getting the word out esp for the people traveling. Just hate for someone to drive 6 hours away and not have a seat.

SlumLord
06-15-2019, 06:42 PM
they have non-reserved camping spots across from track, but you better get their early..also on rt 24 maybe 5 miles west of track their is a campground right along the highway..but i know nothing about it.

Sorry it’s Private property.... you may want to try Facebook there’s a couple people selling spots

Clayton_Wetter
06-16-2019, 02:53 PM

Don't bring drugs or guns though, in this state!!!!

Shiny Side Up 18
06-16-2019, 02:58 PM
Just fyi if you don't have reserved seats you get there extra early to put blanket down or find someone with extra reserved seats as it's all sold out front stretch and back stretch. Only thing available is general admission first come first serve. Not bashing or anything just getting the word out esp for the people traveling. Just hate for someone to drive 6 hours away and not have a seat.

Just to add onto this, I would get there STUPID early...like hours before opening. The blanket run is no joke and all seating will be claimed in a couple minutes. Unless you don't mind standing room only, make sure you plan accordingly and get in line as early as possible. The event has outgrown the venue and this is just the way it's going to be, probably from now on.

Clayton_Wetter
06-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Just to add onto this, I would get there STUPID early...like hours before opening. The blanket run is no joke and all seating will be claimed in a couple minutes. Unless you don't mind standing room only, make sure you plan accordingly and get in line as early as possible. The event has outgrown the venue and this is just the way it's going to be, probably from now on.

Here's what the seating and blankie rush looked like last year!!

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/4-oklahoma-land-rush-1889-granger.jpg

t4g2
06-16-2019, 03:13 PM
No they had a system in place. From my understanding they allowed 4 people in per section at one time. So yeah it took longer but it was for the best.

Shiny Side Up 18
06-16-2019, 03:19 PM
No they had a system in place. From my understanding they allowed 4 people in per section at one time. So yeah it took longer but it was for the best.
Oh. My mistake.

t4g2
06-16-2019, 03:33 PM
But yes get in early and wait inline to get seats.

turnleftandgasit
06-16-2019, 04:04 PM
That picture is from 8 years ago or so. They used to set off a mortar and it was on. Was a young mans game.

Clayton_Wetter
06-16-2019, 04:32 PM
You mean the covered wagon days are all gone now???? :confused: