WisWildManFan
06-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Is he not going to big E?

bjumpsnota
06-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Per his fb, next race Peoria

highgroove
06-06-2019, 03:24 AM
I think he's done ..he got married..he's building a big house and garage and he's running something called Hustler Speed Shop...so i think he's became a "AROUND ILLINOIS DRIVER"...

Hoosier_Dirt
06-06-2019, 05:46 AM
Nothing wrong with that!

HoosierDirtFan
06-06-2019, 06:27 AM
I think he's done ..he got married..he's building a big house and garage and he's running something called Hustler Speed Shop...so i think he's became a "AROUND ILLINOIS DRIVER"...

Word is he might retire from driving soon. Also heard he wants to own and or promote a race track.

t4g2
06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Short on crew and it's too close to summer nationals.

chathamracefan
06-06-2019, 06:36 AM
It would be nice to see him hook up with someone that he could drive for. He has the skills. Just seems like his equipment has fallen off. One of my favorites.

zyoung25
06-06-2019, 08:07 AM
I've been a fan of Jason since way back when he had the purple and green car, on a open trailer coming to Eldora. I kinda somewhat became friends with him and his family for a few years, and we have kinda drifted apart over the last few. In my opion, he hurt himself when he tried to start building his own cars. It seemed like after that point, he started to really struggled, and I think he fell behind on what really worked for him when he was turning heads everywhere he went.

I arguably probably have one of the biggest Feger t-shirt collections of anyone on the planet. I counted them awhile back, and I have roughly 40 shirts of just his. I'd hate to see him walk away from driving, but the way he's ran the last 2 or 3 years, I wouldn't blame him for moving on.

Madcat
06-06-2019, 08:55 AM
Man could him and Jeep put away some beers at the Thursday night Eldora party. Always seemed like a nice guy and very pleasant to be around.

Hopefully he doesn’t fully leave the sport.

Crossbones
06-06-2019, 09:22 AM
It would be nice to see him hook up with someone that he could drive for. He has the skills. Just seems like his equipment has fallen off. One of my favorites.

Feger has always had good equipment. If hes building a big house, has a speed shop and wants to own a race track it doesn't sound like money is the issue.

kazual
06-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Good luck to him whatever he decides. Provided a lot of entertainment to many of us over the years. Someone mentioned Jeep. The contingent of him, Feger, Babb, O’neal, Erb, etc. running the Summer Nationals still brings a smile to my face.

t4g2
06-06-2019, 09:56 AM
He used to have good equipment a few backers left last year to help pierce out. Also 1 is retiring after this year. He bought a house 2 years ago so he's def not building a house. I talk to Jason a few times a month.

dmr37
06-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Word is he might retire from driving soon. Also heard he wants to own and or promote a race track.

Daughtery (Kamp) Speedway is sitting there waiting for a buyer. Feger is a former track champ

mcarter815
06-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Sometimes people burn out on their hobby and do something different or do the same hobby in a different way. That's just a fact of life.

t4g2
06-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Main reason he's not going to dream is lack of pit crew and it's too close to summer nationals.

stewart fan
06-06-2019, 10:58 AM
After he got caught tire doping he fell off,just saying

t4g2
06-06-2019, 11:28 AM
He had to pay all that back and the fine and be suspended for a length of time. If that would only still happen to others instead of being able to take a lie detector test others would be struggling too. It cost feger $20,000 in winnings plus fine. An it was 60 or 90 day suspension. No drivers get that penalty today.

golddirt
06-06-2019, 12:10 PM
Well since you had to bring up tires it was NOT doping, it was a eco clean but did have a banned substance in it, pure mistake. Like no one makes a mistake and the year bloomer won the world from the back JAson finished 4th and I would love to see him take over Boswell.

mcarter815
06-06-2019, 12:59 PM
I thought it was funny someone left a review for a tire treatment on Speedway with the username Highside Hustler.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Track-Claw-2995-Tire-Strengthener-Softener-1-Gallon,2162.html

chupp n bloomer fan
06-06-2019, 01:29 PM
After he got caught tire doping he fell off,just sayingHe fell off when him and Bob split, nothing to do with the tire stuff.

Jking24
06-06-2019, 01:42 PM
He fell off when him and Bob split, nothing to do with the tire stuff.Couldn't agree more he has bounced around between chassis quite a bit the last few years. Just the same as babb did for a little while

427c.i.
06-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Well, Lasalle Speedway is rumored to be for sale...

t4g2
06-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Yeah think? Duh imo every track is for sale for the right price. Peoria may be looking for a partner to

427c.i.
06-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Well, maybe the mansion and shop he’s building is in the Illinois Valley area. His wife is from that area so Lasalle would make sense. New shop must be to hold all the track prep equipment he needs to buy since he’s getting out of driving.
Yup, that must be it, he stayed home from Eldora to put a deal together.

t4g2
06-06-2019, 07:44 PM
They are not building a new shop or house. He just bought the house he is in 2 years ago. Isn't Abby from Ohio as she was Eldora Queen ? Just asking. He stayed away from Eldora as I said before lack of help lack of pit crew. An summer nationals starts Wednesday.

ImCryn2
06-06-2019, 07:53 PM
They are not building a new shop or house. He just bought the house he is in 2 years ago. Isn't Abby from Ohio as she was Eldora Queen ? Just asking. He stayed away from Eldora as I said before lack of help lack of pit crew. An summer nationals starts Wednesday.

No, She's from a little village west of LaSalle 10 or so miles. Either Seatonville or Hollowayville, I can't remember which one, both are next to eachother.

t4g2
06-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Gotcha thanks I didn't know that. I talk to her but not often.

427c.i.
06-06-2019, 08:30 PM
I’ll bet you $100 there’s a new shop.

t4g2
06-06-2019, 08:31 PM
U sure? I live 3 blocks from his house

427c.i.
06-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Take the bet?

cgrace
06-06-2019, 09:06 PM
He bought his house in a sheriff's sale, remodeled it but still needs more done. As explained to me couple of years ago he blew like 5 or 6 motors. That had to put him back plenty. Jason started the shop at least three years ago and works on it when he has money. My perception is lacking of funding and lack of crew.

Flathead
06-06-2019, 10:19 PM
How come all drivers claim it’s the “soap” they use to clean their tires with when they get busted but they can never tell anyone what brand it was that got them caught? I’d kinda like to know which brands to stay away from.....

#FALSuperman
06-06-2019, 11:56 PM
He could also stand to lose a few pounds to be consistent on a tour.
Jason was always a bigger dude. Married life might have accelerated that growth.
Wish him the best.

highgroove
06-07-2019, 03:20 AM
For sale on jasons facebook page

stewart fan
06-07-2019, 03:43 AM
Guess he used more than 6 ounces of the prescribed soap,lol if it wasnt the tires that made him fast,old man pierce doesnt get near the credit he deserves because jason was in a different zip code back then,but I call bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) on that!

RW57
06-07-2019, 10:29 AM
I thought he said it was simple green he's not the first one to claim that. I was told at my track it would bust you out also.

ImCryn2
06-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Guess he used more than 6 ounces of the prescribed soap,lol if it wasnt the tires that made him fast,old man pierce doesnt get near the credit he deserves because jason was in a different zip code back then,but I call bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) on that!

You're calling BS on old man Pierce making a big difference in someone's racing program? Ever since Bob started building cars (modifieds then LM's) he has been known to make quite a few heros out of zeros. No, I'm not saying Jason is a zero, but Bob's help over the years no doubt helped propel Jason's program to the next level. In return, Bob got alot of R&D time to get his LM cars going.

stewart fan
06-07-2019, 11:04 AM
I did not call bs on Bob being an asset to anyones program if he helps,was calling bs that tire dope wasnt a huge deal for him,he has drove every chassis under the sun since pierce and hasnt done (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!If anyone remembwere s when Scott Bloomquist had j Mars tire tested that was the end of him running up front consistently,just a coincedence????I know Mars results come back negative but he hasnt been the same since

Zonks32x
06-07-2019, 02:13 PM
I did not call bs on Bob being an asset to anyones program if he helps,was calling bs that tire dope wasnt a huge deal for him,he has drove every chassis under the sun since pierce and hasnt done (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!If anyone remembwere s when Scott Bloomquist had j Mars tire tested that was the end of him running up front consistently,just a coincedence????I know Mars results come back negative but he hasnt been the same since

Wait, wait....so Feger hasn't done anything outside of the Pierce car, and it's all Bob.

But Mars...who has won all over the place and NEVER been caught "dirty" is a tire cheat!?!? That's some f'd up logic.

You ever stop to consider that Jimmy Mars doesn't win as many races as in year's past because he doesn't race as much as he did in the past. And that is due to the fact that Mars racecars A) builds/sells a $#!@-ton of racecars and devotes time to supporting their customers, and B) He's cut back his schedule to mentor his son who is now driving LM's.

Nope...you go right to "cheater," when
he legally spanked everyone's @$$ including Bloomer's at that Firecracker race you mentioned.

Someone needs to call BS alright. Take care of the three fingers pointing back at you before you stick one out at Mars.

Name three other drivers besides Mars, Marlar & Pierce who only race a handful of WoO/Lucas shows each year, consistently race their way into the show through the heats, b/c they don't have a provisional to lean on, and then go finish top 5 to top 10 more often than not.

If Mars raced full-time WoO or Lucas he'd finish top 3 in WoO points or top 5 in Lucas points all day long, and I'd say the same for Marlar & Pierce too.

Mams
06-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Wait, wait....so Feger hasn't done anything outside of the Pierce car, and it's all Bob.

But Mars...who has won all over the place and NEVER been caught "dirty" is a tire cheat!?!? That's some f'd up logic.

You ever stop to consider that Jimmy Mars doesn't win as many races as in year's past because he doesn't race as much as he did in the past. And that is due to the fact that Mars racecars A) builds/sells a $#!@-ton of racecars and devotes time to supporting their customers, and B) He's cut back his schedule to mentor his son who is now driving LM's.

he legally spanked everyone's @$$ including Bloomer's at that Firecracker race you mentioned.

Someone needs to call BS alright. Take care of the three fingers pointing back at you before you stick one out at Mars.

Name three other drivers besides Mars, Marlar & Pierce who only race a handful of WoO/Lucas shows each year, consistently race their way into the show through the heats, b/c they don't have a provisional to lean on, and then go finish top 5 to top 10 more often than not.

If Mars raced full-time WoO or Lucas he'd finish top 3 in WoO points or top 5 in Lucas points all day long, and I'd say the same for Marlar & Pierce too.

Great post ... but be careful using facts on 4m!

Mason87
06-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Completely agree Zonks

chupp n bloomer fan
06-07-2019, 03:04 PM

If Mars raced full-time WoO or Lucas he'd finish top 3 in WoO points or top 5 in Lucas points all day long, and I'd say the same for Marlar & Pierce too.Only thing I’ll say is I’m not sure he’d finish in them spots in points. He has been off the touring path a long time. And hasn’t done real well when he is racing against the national level people.

A three wheeled Bloomer for instance. Which I’m sure just ruffled his feathers.

Josh Bayko
06-07-2019, 03:58 PM

To add to your point about Marlar, he’s run a full schedule national series exactly once in his career, and in that one year he won the championship.

stewart fan
06-07-2019, 06:05 PM
When mars tire got tested he was a threat week anywher and that was when he and Birky were running well,Scott protested his tires after he won some big race where he called scott an idiot for doing it and then he started running like crap,just a coincedence I dont know maybe!I really dont care what car Feger was in it is a fact yhe he fell way off after he was Caught that is a Fact.

dirtyboy
06-07-2019, 10:15 PM
Maybe Feger can hook up with Jimmy Mars?

t4g2
06-07-2019, 10:18 PM
That's my thinking as he is friends with Billy drake and k rob an they both run MB cars also he sold his 2019 xr1

#FALSuperman
06-08-2019, 12:42 AM
Zonks, easy to say that...truth is though, Mars doesn't run a national tour, so we'll never know. Pure speculation (not fact).
Marlar, I'll give you. Look at what he did last year with WOO.
Pierce, that's still TBD, since he did race Lucas last year while finishing 7th place, over 800 points behind Davenport.

427c.i.
06-08-2019, 01:56 AM
Maybe Feger can hook up with Jimmy Mars?

I wonder if something like that could ever happen?!?!

TBSprintFan
06-08-2019, 02:25 AM

Excellent post, nailed it perfectly.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-08-2019, 05:48 AM
I wonder if something like that could ever happen?!?!I don’t know that it’d matter.

He has been so far off, I dunno. And I like Jason a lot.

Highside Hustler25
06-08-2019, 06:12 AM
Their is no doubt Jason has fallen off the map on a National level. Who knows why. Speculate all you want. But since the tire doping scandal at the Illini, He has won 3 Lucas races. 2 of those came after the Bob Pierce split. My guess is too many irons in the fire, and has been overly busy with building a new shop and getting hitched. Will he ever make it back to where he once was? Maybe-maybe not.

Zonks32x
06-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Zonks, easy to say that...truth is though, Mars doesn't run a national tour, so we'll never know. Pure speculation (not fact).
Marlar, I'll give you. Look at what he did last year with WOO.
Pierce, that's still TBD, since he did race Lucas last year while finishing 7th place, over 800 points behind Davenport.
Correct...Mars doesn't run a national tour, but he makes the show every time he does race with those guys, and generally does well. Recent history...Illini comes to mind.
Pierce,...7th in Lucas points with a team/situation that was clearly dsyfunctional, and yes I'd put most of that blame on the kid and pops. However, you homestly believe "if" the kid ran a national tour in the family ride, he wouldn't finish top 5 in points?? The kid is good and there's no "if" in the talent equation.
Bottom line is, Pierce, Mars, and Marlar all pass the eye test. That doesn't change just b/c they don't chase points and one guy is still sore Bloomer got beat clean at the Firecracker by Mars, protested, and still lost.

Truth is, either tour would be tripping over their units to have any of the three run full-time with them.

Zonks32x
06-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Btt...on the Feger front, I hope he gets it squared away. Always been a fan. Appreciate him and his family, how he treats fans and always makes time for kids, and how he's always been consistent to deal with.

DLM racing needs more guys like Jason Feger in the sport and doing well.

Would love to see him in a Mars car. One thing I do know, is Mars racecars supports their customers.

golddirt
06-08-2019, 09:57 AM
To my understanding Jason has a hard time listening to advice could be why the tmac car didn’t work for him??

#FALSuperman
06-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Correct...Mars doesn't run a national tour, but he makes the show every time he does race with those guys, and generally does well. Recent history...Illini comes to mind.
Pierce,...7th in Lucas points with a team/situation that was clearly dsyfunctional, and yes I'd put most of that blame on the kid and pops. However, you homestly believe "if" the kid ran a national tour in the family ride, he wouldn't finish top 5 in points?? The kid is good and there's no "if" in the talent equation.
Bottom line is, Pierce, Mars, and Marlar all pass the eye test. That doesn't change just b/c they don't chase points and one guy is still sore Bloomer got beat clean at the Firecracker by Mars, protested, and still lost.

Truth is, either tour would be tripping over their units to have any of the three run full-time with them.

Yes, either tour would love to have them.
Not sure about tripping over their units lol.
As far as Bobby goes, I doubt they'll ever have the family funding to run a National Tour.
Not saying he can't be a top 5. He would need some top end help.

cgrace
06-08-2019, 02:09 PM
So NOBODY in central illinois made a Pierce car go before Feger. He WAS the only Pierce late model in Central Illinois for years. Bob was focused on kids mods. IMO Feger made Pierce plenty of money by changing up the cars. Roger Long went straight backwards in his. Fans at FC thought if Roger couldn't make it go, nobody could. My understanding was the Longhorn was Tim's not Jason's to run. Babb pretty much sucked for three full years. He didn't win a race the entire year till the Dome not that long ago. Shirley was ready to quit cause he was going backwards so much. Most of the time, racers lives change. Their crew moves on. Think the same has happened with Feger. Used to see his brother every night at the track, Devin and a few others that I used to see at the track. Guys grow up, want more than just racing for their family or girlfriends. Look at the guys on the national scene, they have a full time crew which somebody is PAYING for. I'd be happy to see Feger running in Central Illinois on a regular basis and maybe bigger shows in the Midwest.

427c.i.
06-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Billy Drake tried one briefly as well with no luck. Feger beat his head against the wall with that first Pierce car and was about to take his wore out Rayburn out of mothballs when he/they discovered the one MAJOR flaw with the Pierce chassis.
Once that was corrected and the car ran good, things snowballed for Jason and the Pierce LM chassis. Jason ended up being a heck of a salesman for Pierce. Things were pretty good back then for both parties for sure.

427c.i.
06-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Btt...on the Feger front, I hope he gets it squared away. Always been a fan. Appreciate him and his family, how he treats fans and always makes time for kids, and how he's always been consistent to deal with.

DLM racing needs more guys like Jason Feger in the sport and doing well.

Would love to see him in a Mars car. One thing I do know, is Mars racecars supports their customers.

The cat will be out of the bag in a few hours anyway, Feger didn’t go to the Dream because he was in Wisconsin helping build the new car they’re now going to shake down at FALS tonight. (They got the car completed sooner than expected) Hoping for better results for Team Feger in the near future.

obamaracing#1
06-08-2019, 08:53 PM
4th quick tonight, 2nd in his heat at Fairbury

427c.i.
06-08-2019, 09:54 PM
That’s decent for a car he’s never driven before.

Tweeter5577
06-09-2019, 01:11 AM
Car was fast, and he looked comfortable in it. misjudged or got tapped in turns 1-2, ended up in yute tire. went off on the hook

Dlmfan123
06-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Chris simpson selling a brand new rocket now too

zyoung25
06-10-2019, 07:03 PM
I dont feel like Chris has been as fast this year as has been in the last 2. He was fast everywhere he unloaded with the longhorns and black diamond cars. Hopefully he can turn it around.

Dlmfan123
06-10-2019, 09:25 PM
I dont feel like Chris has been as fast this year as has been in the last 2. He was fast everywhere he unloaded with the longhorns and black diamond cars. Hopefully he can turn it around.He never really did good in the black diamonds from what I saw, but was always decent in the longhorn. I feel like the black diamond and rocket he’s just not giving it enough time to learn the cars