PDA

View Full Version : Spring rods

ZERO25
06-11-2019, 07:19 PM
Who is producing these with the internal spring/rubber bushing?

riddle28
06-12-2019, 07:51 AM
i believe its custom made, but i may be wrong

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2019, 07:58 AM
It is a back room, non-catalog part available if you know the secret password.

billetbirdcage
06-12-2019, 01:19 PM
It is a back room, non-catalog part available if you know the secret password.

If OP was talking the one that being looked for at the dream then Correct, it's a large parts manufacturer but they aren't or weren't being sold to just anyone.

ZERO25
06-12-2019, 03:54 PM
If OP was talking the one that being looked for at the dream then Correct, it's a large parts manufacturer but they aren't or weren't being sold to just anyone.

Actually, it was from a video on Racer Know How. He said he was a former member of H. Oneals team. He gave some basic info on them and where they were being used (which bar/bars). He said there are some truly innovative people working on dlms these days. lol

keeks
06-12-2019, 04:43 PM
The password is "Taco".

ZERO25
06-12-2019, 06:59 PM
The password is "Taco".

With or without a tariff? :)

Lizardracing
06-13-2019, 12:39 PM
I heard the password is just the sound of one opening their wallet!

billetbirdcage
06-13-2019, 03:06 PM
They didn't find one but did find one car that had a standard non hidden spring rod that was made to remove it. Least that is what I was told, true or false I can't say.

I have never found any of those to be worth anything, least as far as how I do things and it never helped the cars I help and I've tried about all of them. I'm sure it might help in certain situations but I haven't found one and they also make the cars inconsistent from what others have told me that ran them for a while or thought they helped.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-15-2019, 12:09 PM
The first experience I ever had with those was back in the 90s on 4 link cars just as 4 links were returning from their 10 year hiatus in the dlm world. Back then, it was a way to tighten corner exit by putting it on the rr top bar. It did do that. There were a few years where putting it on was one of my go to slow track adjustments.

Like Billet, I see little value in it these days.

ZERO25
06-15-2019, 03:16 PM
The first experience I ever had with those was back in the 90s on 4 link cars just as 4 links were returning from their 10 year hiatus in the dlm world. Back then, it was a way to tighten corner exit by putting it on the rr top bar. It did do that. There were a few years where putting it on was one of my go to slow track adjustments.

Like Billet, I see little value in it these days.

Since our team was one of the first to be sponsored by Penske, we were fortunate to r&d their "hydraulic dampener"! We used it about the same way you mentioned but with its internal shock valving you could really fine tune the rollsteer.

Just for giggles , I stuck it on the rr of a 3 link mod one night.....what a difference it made! If I was running a 3 link mod class, I would definitely be running the internal spring one.