PDA

View Full Version : SN not getting off to a good start

Cardirt0
06-15-2019, 10:31 AM
I say that the SN not doing to good so far, and the next 4 days the rain may win them all. Can now see races on TV and the the weather gets us. Hope it gets better but dont look good for now.

WildBill32
06-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Well, I hate to ask. But, how is the weather looking for RT.66 tonight? I think over half of these fast pass races have been rained out. Oh well, it still beats driving all over... And then getting rained out. Lol....

pierceFAN
06-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Well, I hate to ask. But, how is the weather looking for RT.66 tonight? I think over half of these fast pass races have been rained out. Oh well, it still beats driving all over... And then getting rained out. Lol....

they are still a go...but.......

WildBill32
06-15-2019, 11:59 AM
I went to the first Late Model race they had at that track. Bob Pierce won that night. I remember they charged me for parking my car. Then they would not let me go back out to my car. And all the prices of food & drinks were like going to a Nascar event. I'm sure things have change since that night.Lol

t4g2
06-15-2019, 12:06 PM
I went last year didn't have to pay for parking but concessions are NASCAR price. Burger fries soda $18

Shiny Side Up 18
06-15-2019, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on Joliet being a good show. I refer you to my rant regarding last year's dumpster fire of a race: http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?383568-Joliet-SN&p=2191682#post2191682

Needless to say, I will not be attending.

intel8
06-15-2019, 12:32 PM
Think the 16oz beer was $8 last year, racing was ok, way better tracks in Illinois.

IL LM Fan
06-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Looks like a yellow/red cell heading towards Joliet right now. Wild Bill, late 90's? I don't remember paying for parking, and pretty sure I was able to go out to the car too. It did have a big league feel to it with security standing facing the crowd along the fence, and big concession prices. Haven't been there since Sheri took over. Appreciate her efforts.

GEAR_HEAD
06-15-2019, 12:38 PM
In all fairness the majority of the rainouts on the Hell Tour are bogus and caused by laziness. When it rains briefly for 10 minutes there's no reason why the track can't be run back in, like at Sycamore last night. Driggers has never given a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about the fans and he should have retired many years ago.

WildBill32
06-15-2019, 01:04 PM
I appreciate Sheris efforts as well. I'm not sure what year it was.. All I do know issssss it was there first Late Model race they had there. And I had to pay to park. And my son has diabetes and his insulin was in the car. They did not want to let me to go back to my car. I thew a fit! They did let me go back out. But, I was pissed. At the time I was going to dirt races all over the USA. And never had I been treated so rudely. Or seen prices that high at any Dirt Track I have ever been too. And I never went back after that. I will say... I do wish that track the best of luck. It is nice to see they are having races again there.

Cardirt0
06-15-2019, 01:53 PM
DoD has removed it so looks like no race tonight

t4g2
06-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Rained out

chupp n bloomer fan
06-15-2019, 02:16 PM
I appreciate Sheris efforts as well. I'm not sure what year it was.. All I do know issssss it was there first Late Model race they had there. And I had to pay to park. And my son has diabetes and his insulin was in the car. They did not want to let me to go back to my car. I thew a fit! They did let me go back out. But, I was pissed. At the time I was going to dirt races all over the USA. And never had I been treated so rudely. Or seen prices that high at any Dirt Track I have ever been too. And I never went back after that. I will say... I do wish that track the best of luck. It is nice to see they are having races again there.Cannot blame you one bit. I’d have lost my crap too.

Cardirt0
06-15-2019, 02:19 PM
Will not go back there there prices are a rip off

Shiny Side Up 18
06-15-2019, 02:38 PM
Make up Monday July 1.

IL LM Fan
06-15-2019, 03:17 PM
So now Sycamores date should be resolved too?