PDA

View Full Version : hudson oneal

pierceFAN
06-16-2019, 10:01 AM
wont be long til this young man gets a crown jewel...

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-16-2019, 10:02 AM
wont be long til this young man gets a crown jewel...

You sure he isn't overrated and struggling?

B_K
06-16-2019, 02:23 PM
If you told me to buy stock in a driver, Hudson might be my first choice. He’s only scratched the surface of what he’s going to be.

Immensely mature behind the wheel for his age.

pierceFAN
06-16-2019, 02:27 PM
Good things coming for sure fir this young man

pierceFAN
06-16-2019, 02:41 PM
I just want him to be bigger and better than Booby Pierce.

Why do you have to do that? Go bash him on his own threads...there's plenty of them...wtf is wrong with you? ...for the life of me I cant understand the hatred some of you have that you have to display it constantly...i get it...you dont like pierce...now...this thread is about oneal...if you have nothing to add about oneal...go find a thread that fits what you want...in this case...slamming pierce...now go be a big boy and grow up

t4g2
06-16-2019, 03:11 PM
I see Hudson having a good year. Now if we can keep him in late models.

pierceFAN
06-16-2019, 03:19 PM

At his age and ability there is no telling what he can do...

chupp n bloomer fan
06-16-2019, 04:59 PM
Why do you have to do that? Go bash him on his own threads...there's plenty of them...wtf is wrong with you? ...for the life of me I cant understand the hatred some of you have that you have to display it constantly...i get it...you dont like pierce...now...this thread is about oneal...if you have nothing to add about oneal...go find a thread that fits what you want...in this case...slamming pierce...now go be a big boy and grow upGood comeback, not joking.

pierceFAN
06-16-2019, 05:12 PM
Good comeback, not joking.

Being a pierce fan it gets very frustrating...you get posts like that and you reply and you end up being the bad guy...you cant even post anything without someone taking an unprovoked jab at pierce

Clayton_Wetter
06-16-2019, 05:13 PM
Good comeback, not joking.

Oh crap!!! Don't spoil this!!!!! :)

chupp n bloomer fan
06-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Being a pierce fan it gets very frustrating...you get posts like that and you reply and you end up being the bad guy...you cant even post anything without someone taking an unprovoked jab at pierceI wear the ahole hat with pride, is what it is. You’re correct though, many times I’ve deleted a post, just left a thread, because I knew I’d just be stooping to a lower level.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-16-2019, 05:20 PM
Oh crap!!! Don't spoil this!!!!! :)Lol, nah, some of that crap gets old. Just as it does with Scott, it does with Bobby. And right now, Scott deserves 90% of it.

dirtyboy
06-16-2019, 05:47 PM
It is great watching Hudson's progression. I like the fact he is out on the road, running against the toughest competition week in and week out.

kidrock
06-16-2019, 06:12 PM
Why do you have to do that? Go bash him on his own threads...there's plenty of them...wtf is wrong with you? ...for the life of me I cant understand the hatred some of you have that you have to display it constantly...i get it...you dont like pierce...now...this thread is about oneal...if you have nothing to add about oneal...go find a thread that fits what you want...in this case...slamming pierce...now go be a big boy and grow up

Exactly, well said pierceFAN

pierceFAN
06-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Exactly, well said pierceFAN

Thank you sir!

dirtdobber45
06-16-2019, 08:53 PM
It is great watching Hudson's progression. I like the fact he is out on the road, running against the toughest competition week in and week out.Exactly ^^^^^ ☆☆☆☆☆...well said

kidrock
06-16-2019, 08:59 PM
I have to agree it's only going to make him better running against good competition every week. I mean lets face it he's good right now so, I look for big wins from him.

smooth32
06-16-2019, 09:48 PM
You sure he isn't overrated and struggling?Not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic?

smooth32
06-16-2019, 09:51 PM
Why do you have to do that? Go bash him on his own threads...there's plenty of them...wtf is wrong with you? ...for the life of me I cant understand the hatred some of you have that you have to display it constantly...i get it...you dont like pierce...now...this thread is about oneal...if you have nothing to add about oneal...go find a thread that fits what you want...in this case...slamming pierce...now go be a big boy and grow upYippee! I like Pierce, but, I do get tired of him coming up thread after thread. Then, that thread is ruined. Seems like most good threads get ruined by Bloomers and Pierces.

zyoung25
06-17-2019, 12:59 AM
Not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic?

There were certain 4m members that have said he was overrated in the past, and others could do better in the same equipment. I dont remember any names, but that's where MB_racer is going with it. I dont think he was targeting anyone certain in here.

dirtcrazy4u
06-17-2019, 05:33 AM
Hudson struggles with setup at times. If the car and track are anywhere near what he wants. He will put on a show. I think you'll see good things come from this young man as long as he keeps his head in the game.

Hoosier_Dirt
06-17-2019, 05:45 AM

Don't think that will be a problem. I mean where is he gonna go without a boatload of cash behind him? Xfinity, and Cup are a dying thing, he has a good deal where he is now.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-17-2019, 07:36 AM
Not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic?

A little of both. The OP talks like Moran is struggling, but 71 is lighting the world on fire.

The truth is that both are very impressive young talents and one is very up and down with results and the other is consistent.

t4g2
06-17-2019, 07:53 AM
Yes I know you need $ for that but Hudson does drive sprints and he's said previously he likes driving them better that lates.

CIRF
06-17-2019, 09:24 AM
Young Mr. O'Neal showed some promise driving dirt open wheel cars earlier in his driving career. In what I believe was his first start in a wingless 410 at Brownstown, Indiana back in 2016 he ran second or third in the A-main racing against the likes of Robert Ballou and Thomas Meseraull, among others. Those guys are the cream of the wingless 410 crop.

Being a big fan of both genre's I took special interest in O'Neal's progress in both lates and the open wheel cars. I really don't know specifically what caliber open wheel equipment he has been in but his results have been very hit and miss. I'm working on memory now but I believe he made it into his prelim night A-main and even more impressive the Saturday night C-main at Tulsa back in January of 2018. Getting to the Saturday C-main at The Chili Bowl is no small feat for a kid that doesn't totally focus on dirt open wheel. On the same token we watched Hud race at Jacksonville, Illinois driving an POWRi midget and he was less than average. Don't know if he had car problems or what the deal was.

If he likes the dirt open wheel stuff I really hope he puts some effort into honing his driving skills in them. It's obvious he's really good in a late model but if he has aspirations of moving up the racing totem pole (maybe he doesn't and that's all good) success in the dirt open wheel stuff traditionally get's you noticed a bit more than success in the late models.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 09:37 AM
A little of both. The OP talks like Moran is struggling, but 71 is lighting the world on fire.

The truth is that both are very impressive young talents and one is very up and down with results and the other is consistent.

The talk of morans struggles is only a comparative jab at his fans.....something the Pierce fanatics claim they don't do.......

Oneal could very well be the best young talent in the biz right now IMO......he has the complete package.

TS FAN
06-17-2019, 10:49 AM
I am a Pierce fan and a Hudson Oneal fan. This thread was about Hudson. Congrats. I am sure his old man is proud too/smile

Cardirt0
06-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Oneal name 9 times, Bobbys name 19 times, add one to each with this post LOL Its like a bug it gets in to everything and you cant kill it.

dirtcrazy4u
06-17-2019, 11:25 AM
I think if a top ride would come open for Hudson to get in a sprint car he would jump on it. Problem is, he has a top ride in a SLM and running the lucas series. Many would love to be in this kids shoes. If by chance his current car owner would go in another direction, then you mite see a change.

CIRF
06-17-2019, 12:02 PM
We all know what Hud can do in a dirt late model and he's only going to get better going forward. It's a very safe assumption that he's being advised to continue in late models since at this time he's going to have the best opportunity to achieve the most success there.

However, it sure would be fun to see him in one of Tim Clauson/Richard Marshall's wingless 410 sprint cars and/or a Keith Kunz/Pete Willoughby midget. It probably wouldn't take too long to determine whether the dirt open wheel cars are Hud's forte' or not.

One thing is for sure, we'd be happy for him and would love to see him do very well driving on the dirt in an open wheel car. There's not that many who successfully cross over but he certainly could be the exception.

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Hudson had 3 wins in 2018. So far in 2019.... 40 starts... 3 wins... 10 top fives... 19 top tens... And is 8th in Lucas Oil points.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 12:36 PM
And not one single drama related incident ......kid is good and his fans have very resonable expectations of him.

pierceFAN
06-17-2019, 12:43 PM
And not one single drama related incident ......kid is good and his fans have very resonable expectations of him.

see post 6 please...then practice what you preach..."move over"...its needed

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 12:44 PM
As far as no drama.... Well... He did get in a fight with T-Erb last year. And his Dad did some damage to the back of Terbos hauler.... But, he is for sure very good.

kidrock
06-17-2019, 12:44 PM

Are you saying he's nothing like his dad was when he was younger!

pierceFAN
06-17-2019, 12:46 PM

not at all...hes taking a jab at pierce and his fans...like always

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 01:03 PM
As far as no drama.... Well... He did get in a fight with T-Erb last year. And his Dad did some damage to the back of Terbos hauler.... But, he is for sure very good.

Pretty sure erb brought that drama to him not the other way around.........and for what it's worth, I mentioned no names at all.

But funny enough that you all went right there, like you know but just don't want to admit it?

That's at least some progress.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 01:07 PM

I'm saying he is very good to be so young and that his fans don't think that just because he is good now that he will be the greatest ever later ........until he actually is.

smooth32
06-17-2019, 01:10 PM
It is great watching Hudson's progression. I like the fact he is out on the road, running against the toughest competition week in and week out.Its nice to have the backing to hit the road. Me personally, I would have a hard time driving 500+ miles or so farther to race for the same amount of money. It just doesn't make good business sense, unless someone else id footing the bill. In all reality, if your not first or second on the Lucas or WoO tours, you're probably losing money that night.

formercrewguy
06-17-2019, 01:29 PM
We all know what Hud can do in a dirt late model and he's only going to get better going forward. It's a very safe assumption that he's being advised to continue in late models since at this time he's going to have the best opportunity to achieve the most success there.

However, it sure would be fun to see him in one of Tim Clauson/Richard Marshall's wingless 410 sprint cars and/or a Keith Kunz/Pete Willoughby midget. It probably wouldn't take too long to determine whether the dirt open wheel cars are Hud's forte' or not.

One thing is for sure, we'd be happy for him and would love to see him do very well driving on the dirt in an open wheel car. There's not that many who successfully cross over but he certainly could be the exception.Yup. When I hear "crossover" I think of the total failure of Steve Kinser. It doesn't always work out.

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Pretty sure erb brought that drama to him not the other way around.........and for what it's worth, I mentioned no names at all.But funny enough that you all went right there, like you know but just don't want to admit it?That's at least some progress.If you call messing around with another drivers girlfriend not causing any drama... Ok... With that said.. He is a very good young driver & its a great thing to have him in the sport of driving Dirt Late Models. He is fun to watch that's for sure!

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 02:03 PM
She came to him.....he didn't throw a crappy slider or buy her a carnival tshirt to win her over.

I guess the 18 year old kid shouldn't have accepted her advances......like we all wouldn't have at that age?

Doesn't make it right, but it's pale in comparison........got anything else on Hudson for drama other than that?

B_K
06-17-2019, 02:40 PM
I’d call it like it is, keep them happy and taken care of so they don’t go knocking on other hauler doors.

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 02:40 PM
She came to him.....he didn't throw a crappy slider or buy her a carnival tshirt to win her over.I guess the 18 year old kid shouldn't have accepted her advances......like we all wouldn't have at that age?Doesn't make it right, but it's pale in comparison........got anything else on Hudson for drama other than that?I do but, I'm not going there. Confucius says... Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience. And you sir are an IDIOT!!! Lol... Smile...

dirtdobber45
06-17-2019, 02:43 PM
She came to him.....he didn't throw a crappy slider or buy her a carnival tshirt to win her over.I guess the 18 year old kid shouldn't have accepted her advances......like we all wouldn't have at that age?Doesn't make it right, but it's pale in comparison........got anything else on Hudson for drama other than that?☆☆☆☆☆ another well said quote. FYI lil boys women are well cant realy say without offeneding some of you 'girls' that are on here

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-17-2019, 02:46 PM
If you call messing around with another drivers girlfriend not causing any drama... Ok... With that said.. He is a very good young driver & its a great thing to have him in the sport of driving Dirt Late Models. He is fun to watch that's for sure!

She was an Ex girlfriend anyway. And BBQ is right.

Clayton_Wetter
06-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Ladies and gentlemen!!! In this corner, wearing a size 3X F'N tee shirt with ketchup and mustard stains all over it and loose butt crack jeans, from a dirt track near you, we have Wildbill32!!!!!!!

And in this corner, wearing an Earl Pearson tee shirt, Earl Pearson racing jacket, an Earl Pearson cap, a pair of Earl Pearson racing gloves, and a smoking hot spatula in each hand, we have Barbecueboy!!!!

Let's get it on!!!!!

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Ladies and gentlemen!!! In this corner, wearing a size 3X F'N tee shirt with ketchup and mustard stains all over it and loose butt crack jeans, from a dirt track near you, we have Wildbill32!!!!!!! And in this corner, wearing an Earl Pearson tee shirt, Earl Pearson racing jacket, an Earl Pearson cap, a pair of Earl Pearson racing gloves, and a smoking hot spatula in each hand, we have Barbecueboy!!!!Let's get it on!!!!!I don't ware a 3x tee shirt. But, I am an ex MMA fighter. Sooooo yeah... Let's get it on!!! Lol....Hahahahah... Smile...

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 03:16 PM
She was an Ex girlfriend anyway. And BBQ is right.

They hate it when that happens..........and it happens a lot.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 03:17 PM
I don't ware a 3x tee shirt. But, I am an ex MMA fighter. Sooooo yeah... Let's get it on!!! Lol....Hahahahah... Smile...

I'm just a stupid redneck......that can't or won't ever be ex at it.

I'm good with it.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 03:20 PM
I do but, I'm not going there. Confucius says... Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience. And you sir are an IDIOT!!! Lol... Smile...

I pictured you being a lot of things , but a teller of stories wasn't one of them.......

Thanks for the compliment btw.......I'm an idiot to other idiots, so?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2019, 03:40 PM
I do but, I'm not going there. Confucius says... Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience. And you sir are an IDIOT!!! Lol... Smile...
Originally Posted by WildBill32
Bobby gets his 3rd Slow-Cum50...Oops... I mean Slocum & picks up win #7 on the year. It was a fun one to watch thats 4 sure. Thanks DoD for the free PPV.

fastford
06-17-2019, 03:43 PM
i think you won round 1 bbq , spatulas up.........how many rounds will there be in this contest???????

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2019, 03:44 PM
Yup. When I hear "crossover" I think of the total failure of Steve Kinser. It doesn't always work out.That was just a terrible ride though. Bernstein had no money to run a cup team. Not as bad as Richards opportunity or lack thereof, but still not good.

ZERO25
06-17-2019, 03:50 PM
I'm just a stupid redneck......that can't or won't ever be ex at it.

I'm good with it.

Where's the blue flag with yellow stripe for WB32?

He should know not to mess with a bbq-ing redneck! :)

zyoung25
06-17-2019, 04:01 PM
I don't ware a 3x tee shirt. But, I am an ex MMA fighter. Sooooo yeah... Let's get it on!!! Lol....Hahahahah... Smile...

That means nothing. I seen an ex mma champ get plum stomped out by some normal guy. Go watch a tough man contest, you'll see it happen a lot.

CIRF
06-17-2019, 04:02 PM
Yup. When I hear "crossover" I think of the total failure of Steve Kinser. It doesn't always work out.

Very true. Yet another example of total crossover failure is ol' "Snort" Bloomquist. But, for every Kinser and Bloomy there is a Tony Stewart, or a Jeff Gordon, or a Christopher Bell, or a Kyle Larson or a Jack Hewitt, or a Chase Briscoe, or a Logan Seavy.

Bottom line is if Hudson has the talent and fortitude to make the transition, he'll make it successfully. I for one hope he does. And if he doesn't have the talent and fortitude then I hope he has a very long, successful and storied career in the dirt lates! He's already shown to have a future of being more than capable of winning big in those cars. That is if he doesn't keep messin' with the wrong "breezy"! LOL!

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 04:07 PM
Hmmmm..... well... BBQboy... What is the next big Dirt Late Model race are you going to? I would like to meet you & have a beer & talk some racing and BBQ with you. Brisket & pork butt is what I cooked for a few years.

ZERO25
06-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Pretty serious charges but case was closed in March 2018.

https://app02.clerk.org/ccms/caseCR_detail.aspx?d=34333435343333&t=CF

Cardirt0
06-17-2019, 04:14 PM
LOL I dont have enuff fingers to count the girls or M ladies i seen come to the truck and they were not looking for there old man. Some day i may give names.....

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 04:15 PM
Where's the blue flag with yellow stripe for WB32?

He should know not to mess with a bbq-ing redneck! :)

Haven't thrown a punch in anger in years and don't really want to anymore........haven't forgotten how though.

Mason87
06-17-2019, 04:15 PM
MMA fighter? Lol the local tough man contest don't count.

Cardirt0
06-17-2019, 04:19 PM
MMA fighter? Lol the local tough man contest don't count.

My cousin was Ind MMA champ for 4 years. He gave it up when he was building his new house 2 years a go. said he did not have the time for both.

CIRF
06-17-2019, 04:24 PM
That was just a terrible ride though. Bernstein had no money to run a cup team. Not as bad as Richards opportunity or lack thereof, but still not good.

CnB, I'm not taking issue with your evaluation of the Bernstein Cup team because I don't know all the details but the crew chief of that team (Larry McReynolds) was considered a pretty good one and Ricky Rudd had some success driving that car.

Granted, Richards' Xfinity ride was a low budget team but his NASCAR Truck series ride was with Kyle Busch. I doubt those rides were clunkers. His ARCA starts were driving for Tony Stewart, Venurini Motosports and Kenny Schrader. Those owners are some of the most successful in ARCA racing.

Once again, I don't know all the details of those rides but those owners certainly aren't known for their lack of resources and success. Actually, all evidence to the contrary.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Hmmmm..... well... BBQboy... What is the next big Dirt Late Model race are you going to? I would like to meet you & have a beer & talk some racing and BBQ with you. Brisket & pork butt is what I cooked for a few years.

Only thing big show for sure on the books are the world finals .....looking hard at the world and north south if we can free up some long weekend time .

We cook anything.....on the kcbs requirements our weakest event is chicken, we just dont have it figured out......ribs, pork and brisket we always do pretty well in.

Mason87
06-17-2019, 04:55 PM
That's cool cardirt0, I was just giving wildbill a hard time. It's a lot of hard work and dedication for sure.

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Only thing big show for sure on the books are the world finals .....looking hard at the world and north south if we can free up some long weekend time .We cook anything.....on the kcbs requirements our weakest event is chicken, we just dont have it figured out......ribs, pork and brisket we always do pretty well in.The World or the North South would work out best for me. Never been to the World finals. I used to make my own rub & bbq sauce for ribs, brisket, and pork butt. My recipes have now turned into a restaurant chain. With that said... I sure like the young new Late Model drivers coming up though the ranks as of now. Bobby, B-Shepp & Hudson as well. This sport needs some new fresh faces. Not sure how long it will last. The cost of the Late Models have gotten out of control. Here of late. & tracks are closing.

kidrock
06-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Very true. Yet another example of total crossover failure is ol' "Snort" Bloomquist. But, for every Kinser and Bloomy there is a Tony Stewart, or a Jeff Gordon, or a Christopher Bell, or a Kyle Larson or a Jack Hewitt, or a Chase Briscoe, or a Logan Seavy.

Bottom line is if Hudson has the talent and fortitude to make the transition, he'll make it successfully. I for one hope he does. And if he doesn't have the talent and fortitude then I hope he has a very long, successful and storied career in the dirt lates! He's already shown to have a future of being more than capable of winning big in those cars. That is if he doesn't keep messin' with the wrong "breezy"! LOL!

I'm watching the progression of Tyler Redneck and I think Hudson could follow in his footsteps.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 05:43 PM
That's something to be proud of.......we do the same with rubs, sauces too but haven't taken that full time yet with the exception of some personalized catering , weddings and some in house stuff for some of our racing friends.
I was taught that the sauce and rubs are an accompaniment and if you cook it right the meat requires very little of it.......hickory and oak only for me, never gas ever.

I'll pm you if it looks like we end up at the world or the north south.......care to share the name of the chain and where it's at?
Good chance if its in or near a town I've been to I've eaten there......I always ask the locals where their best BBQ is and then I seek it out.

If the young talent coming up can overcome the financial hurdles then like you I think we are in a good place for late model future.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Tyler R. Has been mentioned & he is doing quite well in NASCAR. I remember being at Tazewell, Tn. And he destroyed a car in hot laps-got the back up out and wrecked it hard early in the feature. He traveled with his dad and before the wrecker came to a complete stop in the infield- dad was really letting Tyler have it. When the race was over- his dad was still chewing that butt out! Grandpa had the $$- but dad had didn’t care to show his displeasure. When I see Tyler on tv now-I rememberer watching him thru my binaculars getting a royal chewing!! 🏁🏁

WildBill32
06-17-2019, 05:55 PM
That's something to be proud of.......we do the same with rubs, sauces too but haven't taken that full time yet with the exception of some personalized catering , weddings and some in house stuff for some of our racing friends.I was taught that the sauce and rubs are an accompaniment and if you cook it right the meat requires very little of it.......hickory and oak only for me, never gas ever.I'll pm you if it looks like we end up at the world or the north south.......care to share the name of the chain and where it's at? Good chance if its in or near a town I've been to I've eaten there......I always ask the locals where their best BBQ is and then I seek it out.If the young talent coming up can overcome the financial hurdles then like you I think we are in a good place for late model future.It started out as the Long Horn Smoke House. Could only have one store by that name because of a patten. Its now called the Hickory River Smokehouse. Cardirt should know it. Because it all started out in Champaign Ill. Lol.... And I know that's were he is from.

kidrock
06-17-2019, 06:13 PM
It started out as the Long Horn Smoke House. Could only have one store by that name because of a patten. Its now called the Hickory River Smokehouse. Cardirt should know it. Because it all started out in Champaign Ill. Lol.... And I know that's were he is from.

When I worked in Springfield we would eat at Hickory River many times. Good Barbecue that's for sure.

formercrewguy
06-17-2019, 06:48 PM

Bottom line is if Hudson has the talent and fortitude to make the transition, he'll make it successfully. I for one hope he does. And if he doesn't have the talent and fortitude then I hope he has a very long, successful and storied career in the dirt lates! He's already shown to have a future of being more than capable of winning big in those cars. That is if he doesn't keep messin' with the wrong "breezy"! LOL! Remember Kinser's IROC deal? LOL. On another note, is open wheel racing as lucrative as say, the Lucas Oil LM tour? Not counting an Indy ride.

Barbecueboy
06-17-2019, 06:52 PM
When I worked in Springfield we would eat at Hickory River many times. Good Barbecue that's for sure.

The menu looks great..........the que shoe would make for some great hangover food.

kidrock
06-17-2019, 07:13 PM
The menu looks great..........the que shoe would make for some great hangover food.

That's what I guy I worked with always got was the que shoe.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2019, 07:47 PM
CnB, I'm not taking issue with your evaluation of the Bernstein Cup team because I don't know all the details but the crew chief of that team (Larry McReynolds) was considered a pretty good one and Ricky Rudd had some success driving that car.

Granted, Richards' Xfinity ride was a low budget team but his NASCAR Truck series ride was with Kyle Busch. I doubt those rides were clunkers. His ARCA starts were driving for Tony Stewart, Venurini Motosports and Kenny Schrader. Those owners are some of the most successful in ARCA racing.

Once again, I don't know all the details of those rides but those owners certainly aren't known for their lack of resources and success. Actually, all evidence to the contrary.I have no idea of his ARCA stuff, but Josh’s money with KBM dried up very quickly. His backer was Joy Mining Equipment, and they backed out.

I believe it was Dale Inman or some old timer who gave a good story of what he thought of Larry Mac. Just from multiple sources that I don’t remember anymore, that Bernstein didn’t have the cash. And it wasn’t much longer he was gone.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2019, 07:49 PM

Bottom line is if Hudson has the talent and fortitude to make the transition, he'll make it successfully. I for one hope he does. And if he doesn't have the talent and fortitude then I hope he has a very long, successful and storied career in the dirt lates! He's already shown to have a future of being more than capable of winning big in those cars. That is if he doesn't keep messin' with the wrong "breezy"! LOL!Bloomer did good in asphalt late models before his women/drug issues.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Bloomer tested the Yellow Freight sponsored Busch Series car at Rockingham & was offered the ride. Around the same time he was at a trade show in Texas where he met Tony Stewart. They found out they both enjoyed fresh water fishing. They flew to Florida & went bass fishing in the lakes for a couple days. After that trip-he issused a press release stating he was turning down the offer. Basically said he wouldn’t make a good poodle. He stated he was his own boss-raced when,where& If he wanted to. He also stated that the NASCAR guys made more money-but money didn’t buy quality of life. He ended the release by saying (& I quote) “besides, you can only eat so much prime rib & drink so much Crown Royal”.

ZERO25
06-17-2019, 08:39 PM
Bloomer did good in asphalt late models before his women/drug issues.

Yeah, Im not sure where cirf gets his info!Its been many years but Im pretty sure he never finished worse than 3rd in 3 races!

When it was all said and done, Bloomer said he made more money dirt racing, than what they offered!

Raceready
06-17-2019, 08:46 PM
Yeah, Im not sure where cirf gets his info!Its been many years but Im pretty sure he never finished worse than 3rd in 3 races! When it was all said and done, Bloomer said he made more money dirt racing, than what they offered! CRIF's information is as good as gold. Rest assured that any information he puts is solid. Witness the embarrassing performance emitted by the pretty boy for us affectianados of the dirt track world when he ran the truck at Eldora ? He just failed to adapt like say a Tyler Reddik, Kyle Larson, 0r Chris Buscher. Even old man Kenny Shaffer adapted well.

B_K
06-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Small world, I’ve eaten at the Tipp City location of Hickory River. Good food. When I’m traveling and have the option I always hit local bbq joints.

Lexington BBQ Lexington, NC
Ole Hickory Owensboro, KY
Q39 Kansas City, MO

My three favorites.

Mason87
06-17-2019, 09:11 PM
He made a bad decesion by taking something off the truck and it didn't go his way I'm sure he learned from it. To say he didn't adapt like other drivers is ignorant. That Eldora race is nothing but a gimmick wouldn't use it to gauge anything.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-17-2019, 09:28 PM
CRIF's information is as good as gold. Rest assured that any information he puts is solid. Witness the embarrassing performance emitted by the pretty boy for us affectianados of the dirt track world when he ran the truck at Eldora ? He just failed to adapt like say a Tyler Reddik, Kyle Larson, 0r Chris Buscher. Even old man Kenny Shaffer adapted well.He was quick in hot laps. But I’m assuming he didn’t like the feel of the truck, so, as has been mentioned on here a crap load, he, against the advisement of the crew, removed the sway bar. Totally huge mistake, and he has never been given another shot. He was terrible after that.

Pretty boy? I thought he was the doped up, pill poppin fat guy, which one is it for all you closet guys?

Raceready
06-17-2019, 11:51 PM
Pretty boy was the common name back in the day for the youngsters from the land of fruits and nuts that wanted to do something fun and their parents financed them in an expensive hobby that turned into a fun career.

fastford
06-18-2019, 07:18 AM
my understanding was he started in an old street stock his dad raced and got tired of and later scott decided to give it a try after going to a race with some buddies , so he drug it out , got it running and started winning right out of the box , least thats what i was always told , im not saying he didnt have help from family , but not like a lot of the young ones to day..........

foxfire2dirtracing
06-18-2019, 07:31 AM
Fastford-you are correct. Ron (Scott’s dad) was more into dragsters than oval cars. Also, Scott had to buy the car from his dad-it wasn’t a gift. 🏁🏁

smooth32
06-18-2019, 11:53 AM
my understanding was he started in an old street stock his dad raced and got tired of and later scott decided to give it a try after going to a race with some buddies , so he drug it out , got it running and started winning right out of the box , least thats what i was always told , im not saying he didnt have help from family , but not like a lot of the young ones to day..........Scotts family wasn't poor. They helped him as much as any parent with the ability would and could. No different than today. Any good parent would help their child pursue their aspirations.

TS FAN
06-18-2019, 12:06 PM
couple of things. I am no fan of bloomer as you all well know. However he could have been very good and showed skill on Asphalt. No surprise. AS was mentioned his drug issues ruin his Nascar chances. BTW that is really no secret.Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) really surprised me. I didn't think he will succeed as much as he has in Nascar. Good for him. Chris Bell needs to be in a good ride in the top series next year for sure. I sure hope Gibbs has a plan. This guy is as good as I have seen and i don't say that off the cuff. Hudson looks like he will do well whatever he pursues. Kid's got the stuff for sure. If Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) can do it, Hudson should be able as they were both in LM at young age. IMO Hudson has shown far more skill in LM.

Mason87
06-18-2019, 12:18 PM
No Scotts family wasn't poor and any good parent would help their kid bit eventually you gotta break suction on the teet like Scott and others have done.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Smooth32
No, Scott’s Family was not poor- but they didn’t hand out $$ to him as you suggest. His father was a pilot for a major airline-so it didn’t matter where his lived as far as employment. After Scott found some success in California-the family purchased farmland on Cherokee lake in Mooresburg. This was done so Scott could pursue racing. At that time the NDRA series was having 10k to win races. It was Robert Smally’s creation with sponsorship from Stroh’s beer. Scott houses his race shop & lived in a small airplane hanger on his parents property. He actually had to pay rent by working the cattle & putting up the hay during the summer. He went on to build a shop that was large enough for 3 cars to squeeze into- then over the years -built a home (where he lives)& many years later built the massive racing complex he now has. When he first came to Tennessee he had an old black dusky & an open trailer he raced with. Yes- he did receive assistance from Ron/Georgie because they owned the land where he is headquartered & calls home!!

These are plain-hardcore facts!!
🏁🏁

Barbecueboy
06-18-2019, 12:32 PM
I worked for strohs back then .....they were big sponsors of dirt and drag racing.

They were even a sponsor on Mark martins 6 car later on after that......good times for racing.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Tsfan
I am also surprised by what Tyler has accomplished in NASCAR. Maybe asphalt is more suited for him. When he was racing dirt cars-very young-getting started with grandpa ‘s backing- he had good equipment (Bloomquist Chasis). The biggest win that I remember was at East Bay in a winter national race in February. I think he was maybe 14-15? Hudson has plenty of talent and has the good manners & personality to succeed at any level. His parents have brought him up really well! I hope there are more like him to follow along to keep dirt racing alive & well.

Cardirt0
06-18-2019, 12:59 PM
I was on a team some of you know that team. he was a Friend and Drugs all most killed him. He was backed by his dad and did good at first. then hurt his back and then his bad habit became a pain killer. Now hes not in racing and not doing well at all. money can do you wrong as much as it can help some times. I miss my old friend hes not the same person no more and ant seen him in years. SOME drugs are just not good at all. End of rant....

foxfire2dirtracing
06-18-2019, 01:06 PM
BBQ
You are very familiar with Stoh’s involvement during those years. Smalley’s NDTRA was headquartered in Kingsport, Tn -at that time nobody was paying the kind of purses that he was. I am not positive -but I am thinking that he actually rented the tracks from the owners & promoted the races thru his company. (Very well could be wrong on this) He was a “showman” to say the least - I will just leave it at that!🏁🏁

chupp n bloomer fan
06-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Pretty boy was the common name back in the day for the youngsters from the land of fruits and nuts that wanted to do something fun and their parents financed them in an expensive hobby that turned into a fun career.Then you really just go off of hearsay and not what has been told by Scott and those close to him. What was said in here is what went down.

Most people who race have had a helping hand from their parents, a close friend, co worker, relative, whatever. Not sure who you like, but I assure you they’ve gotten help from someone.

Cardirt0
06-18-2019, 02:47 PM
Most dont do it by them self's and the ones that say they do may be lieing. You stall have to work, to make it work, Most the time what you hear is Bull $hit. Say what you want about Scott hes done a lot of it on his own and then even more with there help.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Bloomer was able to pick up some really good Knoxville area sponsees early in his career that allowed him to branch out to regional racing. He inherited a good mechanical mind- hand die hard work ethics and a will to succeed. Add to all those things- he knew how to market himself in a different manner from other racers. (Good & bad) 1 example is the #o & all the different things he puts inside it- relates to $$ in soveneir sales. (That’s 1reason he will never go back to #18 full time- and he doesn’t own The soveneir business anymore) He has definitely had his share of big $$ sponsorship- but the last few years -due to self-destruction-it has become harder to keep them. Not sure what all Cody will bring to the table- But at the present time -Team 0- needs help in many ways. Not just talking about $$ & manpower.

fastford
06-18-2019, 04:35 PM
CnB , i agree with your post no 96 completely , when i started racing , me or my dad had little funds to put toward racing , BUT , he was a hell of a machinist , and not just automotive , and we could build most of our own stuff , i was very fortunate with this because with out him and the knowledge he gave me , i could not have raced and had the success we had , even today with out this ability , me or my kids (even though there about grown )could not race , so basically im saying some times you dont need as much money , but you sure need help........

Illtsate32
06-18-2019, 05:07 PM
It's not like the old days anymore starting these kids out at 13-14-15 how many of them could cut a front or rear clip off and weld it back on? Not many if at all. So we can't compare old to new as far as the hand me down aspect. Plus everything is bought and bolt on now anyways..

CIRF
06-18-2019, 09:25 PM
Remember Kinser's IROC deal? LOL. On another note, is open wheel racing as lucrative as say, the Lucas Oil LM tour? Not counting an Indy ride.

I do remember, fcg. King Kinser won an IROC race at Talladega. Although, to be fair, IROC was little more than a joke by the time SK got his shot. Terry Labonte once threw his IROC drivers suit in the trash at Daytona. Terry said IROC was so biased towards arnhead that he figured it wasn't worth his time. Terry wasn't one to whine so I believed him.

The only dirt open wheel division that is equal or exceeds either the WoO Late Model tour or the LOLMDS is the WoO's Sprint Cars in regards to potential financial return. Some of the guys racing and winning in all 3 national divisions of USAC (midgets, sprint cars & Silver Crown) might be comparable to the guys running well in the 2 late model series' but I'm not sure about that, just a guess.

CIRF
06-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Bloomer did good in asphalt late models before his women/drug issues.

Snort fans always bring up the pavement late model deal but his win total remains quite vague. Excuses outnumber the wins 1000 to 0.

Larson crossed over to the pavement late models and promptly won the very first race he ever drove in one. He won the championship in his rookie year as a pavement late model driver, as well. But, to be fair to snort he's really not in the same category as Yung Muny.

CIRF
06-18-2019, 09:53 PM
Yeah, Im not sure where cirf gets his info!Its been many years but Im pretty sure he never finished worse than 3rd in 3 races!

When it was all said and done, Bloomer said he made more money dirt racing, than what they offered!

ZERO, I got my information with my own eyes. I watched snort in an ARCA car on more than one occasion and he was either wreckin' or in the way. He spun in the first turn of the 1st lap on the mile dirt at Springfield driving an ARCA car previously driven by Chris Gehrke who was killed in an ARCA race at Talladega earlier that year. The Gehrke car was good equipment.

We all know how bad snort sucked at The Chili Bowl. Again, the excuses exceed the win total 2000 to 0. I've been told the midgets don't suit his drivin' style! LOL!

Mason87
06-18-2019, 09:56 PM
Maybe he doesn't like go kart racing

chupp n bloomer fan
06-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Snort fans always bring up the pavement late model deal but his win total remains quite vague. Excuses outnumber the wins 1000 to 0.

Larson crossed over to the pavement late models and promptly won the very first race he ever drove in one. He won the championship in his rookie year as a pavement late model driver, as well. But, to be fair to snort he's really not in the same category as Yung Muny.

ZERO, I got my information with my own eyes. I watched snort in an ARCA car on more than one occasion and he was either wreckin' or in the way. He spun in the first turn of the 1st lap on the mile dirt at Springfield driving an ARCA car previously driven by Chris Gehrke who was killed in an ARCA race at Talladega earlier that year. The Gehrke car was good equipment.

We all know how bad snort sucked at The Chili Bowl. Again, the excuses exceed the win total 2000 to 0. I've been told the midgets don't suit his drivin' style! LOL!Excuses? Look, just because you don’t like Scott and he doesn’t fit your little mold of can drive anything doesn’t discredit him. It does to you because that fits your little mold. I make no excuses.

In his little time in an asphalt late model he was good. Fact. He one way or the other got nailed with under 3 grams of blow, I’ve done that in a night, laughable. But not legal, so don’t get caught with it. He did one way or the other. It out a fork in his asphalt stuff.

ARCA, you say he sucked, ok, probably did. He didn’t obviously like the truck feel, and screwed that up, so I’m sure he screwed up the ARCA deal too.

Anyone who has watched racing for more than a few races, could watch Scott race and say a midget would not suit him. He’d suck, common sense. Just as Moyer would probably blow in one, Scott did.

Now go ahead and continue with Scott as Snort, and the generic late models, and blah blah blah.

Because personally, not because I like Scott, but even in my profession. I’d much rather be at the top of the heap in one division/piece of equipment, than a jack of all trades.

ZERO25
06-19-2019, 06:29 PM

We all know how bad snort sucked at The Chili Bowl. Again, the excuses exceed the win total 2000 to 0. I've been told the midgets don't suit his drivin' style! LOL!

You said he sucked on asphalt and immediately bring up wrecking on dirt......that makes no sense!

Why don't you do a little research on the hooters Cup Series and ASA and see how he ran......Im sure beating guys by the name of Anderson, Gill, Query, and Grill on their home turf might even change your mind! But whoever in his right mind would know those guys? smh

joeboo
06-19-2019, 08:20 PM
ZERO25 when did Bloomquist run ASA ? I remember watching the fast guys , but don't ever remember him running with them. The ASA I know was Eddy,Senneker,Miller,Martin and so on.

NormP
06-19-2019, 09:16 PM
You know the argument is weak as water when the best you can do is constantly refer to him as Snort.

ZERO25
06-19-2019, 09:31 PM
ZERO25 when did Bloomquist run ASA ? I remember watching the fast guys , but don't ever remember him running with them. The ASA I know was Eddy,Senneker,Miller,Martin and so on.

In the late 90's......he only ran a handful of asphalt races.IIRC his worst finish was 3rd.

He was then offered a Busch contract through Childress and turned it down, saying it wasn't enough money!

CIRF
06-20-2019, 01:39 AM
You said he sucked on asphalt and immediately bring up wrecking on dirt......that makes no sense!

Why don't you do a little research on the hooters Cup Series and ASA and see how he ran......Im sure beating guys by the name of Anderson, Gill, Query, and Grill on their home turf might even change your mind! But whoever in his right mind would know those guys? smh

I know all about bloomy's wildly successful asphalt career! LOL!

How many wins did bloomy have on asphalt? Does just 3 moderately successful starts in a relatively obscure asphalt division make him an asphalt ace? SMH. I never said bloomy sucked on asphalt. What I said was he generally sucked driving anything but a dirt late model or mortified. 3 mildly successful starts with no wins hardly legitimizes any claims of a crossover phenom. Like I said, the really great ones win early and often. I bring up wrecking the ARCA car in the first corner of the first lap at Springfield only because he's depicted as some all around dirt racing god of all dirt divisions. I personally began to rethink that notion the minute it happened.

I've read here that Bloomy was clearly destined to win the truck race at Eldora if not for his over engineering problems! LOL!

Bloomy had 3 ARCA starts with an average starting spot of 15th and an average finish of 30th. Those numbers certainly are career maker's!

In two (2002 & 2003) forgettable foray's at The Chili Bowl bloomy never advanced past the Saturday night C-main's. BUT!! He finished 20th 1 lap down in his prelim night A-main which was 1 spot ahead of Tracy Hines who finished 21st because his car caught on fire 5 laps from the end! LOL! Tracy Hines was a top dog in midget racing at that time. That should count for something, shouldn't it?! LOL!!

If all that makes bloomy a crossover success then the bar is set very low, wouldn't you say?

zyoung25
06-20-2019, 02:58 AM
Ragging on Scott for how bad he done at a race where there is no weight limit is stupid. He weighs more than 2 of the horse jockeys combined.

Raceready
06-20-2019, 03:03 AM
Yeah, Im not sure where cirf gets his info!Its been many years but Im pretty sure he never finished worse than 3rd in 3 races! When it was all said and done, Bloomer said he made more money dirt racing, than what they offered! The info is pure and simple. He may have gotten it on the site that tells about all of the ARCA finishes. WWW.racing-reference.com. In the year 1991 Bloomer raced the 15th, 16th, and 20th ARCA race. He finished 34th, 26th, and 29th respectively. Far from stellar results ! Far far far away from the average finished of 3rd named !! LOL ! ! It seems some on here are remembering history the way they imagine it to be. Why just days ago somebody was trying people believe that one of the sports biggest stars started out dirt poor like a few of the old boys in the HOF have ! The fellow that was being talked about is the very definenition of the old adage that reads " How does one make a small fortune in racing" ? " He starts out with a LARGE fortune " ! !

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2019, 06:56 AM
The info is pure and simple. He may have gotten it on the site that tells about all of the ARCA finishes. WWW.racing-reference.com. In the year 1991 Bloomer raced the 15th, 16th, and 20th ARCA race. He finished 34th, 26th, and 29th respectively. Far from stellar results ! Far far far away from the average finished of 3rd named !! LOL ! ! It seems some on here are remembering history the way they imagine it to be. Why just days ago somebody was trying people believe that one of the sports biggest stars started out dirt poor like a few of the old boys in the HOF have ! The fellow that was being talked about is the very definenition of the old adage that reads " How does one make a small fortune in racing" ? " He starts out with a LARGE fortune " ! !He was not referring to ARCA, but you skipped that part. ASA or Hooters ProCup. Not the same as ARCA, but go with it, fits your nonfactual rant.

Not one motherfer said he started poor, his Dad was an airline pilot, not a Fortune 500 CEO. They said he had to work and pay back what was given to him. It was a debt.

Large fortune? So now, flying airplanes makes you rich? No,you have a good job, so if you are smart with your money, you plan well and set yourself up long term. He helped his kid get started in racing. Do I need to go through your HoF list and name the ones who had family money behind them too, Jesus? Or a friend, or someone who seen their talent.

NormP
06-20-2019, 07:18 AM
You know how it is on 4m, CnB. If your house doesn't have wheels, then you must be some kind of rich guy "whose daddy helped him out."

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2019, 07:20 AM

How many wins did bloomy have on asphalt? Does just 3 moderately successful starts in a relatively obscure asphalt division make him an asphalt ace? SMH. I never said bloomy sucked on asphalt. What I said was he generally sucked driving anything but a dirt late model or mortified. 3 mildly successful starts with no wins hardly legitimizes any claims of a crossover phenom. Like I said, the really great ones win early and often. I bring up wrecking the ARCA car in the first corner of the first lap at Springfield only because he's depicted as some all around dirt racing god of all dirt divisions. I personally began to rethink that notion the minute it happened.

I've read here that Bloomy was clearly destined to win the truck race at Eldora if not for his over engineering problems! LOL!

Bloomy had 3 ARCA starts with an average starting spot of 15th and an average finish of 30th. Those numbers certainly are career maker's!

In two (2002 & 2003) forgettable foray's at The Chili Bowl bloomy never advanced past the Saturday night C-main's. BUT!! He finished 20th 1 lap down in his prelim night A-main which was 1 spot ahead of Tracy Hines who finished 21st because his car caught on fire 5 laps from the end! LOL! Tracy Hines was a top dog in midget racing at that time. That should count for something, shouldn't it?! LOL!!

If all that makes bloomy a crossover success then the bar is set very low, wouldn't you say?Dude, you have lost it. No one said he’d win the truck race, no one. You don’t like him, so you have to reach really far out there to validate your testimony that he sucks.

As if you are the be all, say all, end of discussion judge on whose a good driver. I cannot answer you as to why he wasn’t good in ARCA, no idea. Then again, I also don’t care. A midget, not his style. But go ahead, beat that horse, beat the truck horse, beat the ARCA horse.

I bet anyone who runs a late model, generic late model I forgot, since they’ve moved past 70’s Novas, Chevelles, Camaros, would love his stats. And sue him for trying something different and not doing well. One of the greatest at their profession, hasn’t fared well in completely different cars, so let’s discount their whole career.

Anyone on here, except you, would rather be the best at one chosen profession, than a jack of all trades.

When you remember drivers, you think of a variety of them, but a lot, drove primarily one class.

Earnhardt, Pearson, Petty, Senna, Schumacher, etc, and some who I know drove a variety were Andretti, AJ, Hewitt, and so on. Mario to me is the bar of the best all around driver. AJ, I think he is right there with him, and Hewitt, I wish his Indy stuff woulda been sooner.

But none of that discredits Scott, but it is as if you obsess, yes, obsess, over the fact he hasn’t done well in some forms of racing that aren’t his chosen class. Like oh sh!t, a 260lb guy blew a$$ in a midget, or sucked in ARCA, or had a retard attack in a truck, oh wait, he has won every late model race there is, well, that means nothing, he can’t win outside of his chosen field except in modifieds and Pro Cup I believe, so he sucks. According to some guy on 4m.

Do we start one on Larson because he hasn’t won a NASCAR championship? Since we are going to go full insane.

Barbecueboy
06-20-2019, 07:30 AM
You know how it is on 4m, CnB. If your house doesn't have wheels, then you must be some kind of rich guy "whose daddy helped him out."

This was good for a chuckle......thanks norm.

Raceready
06-20-2019, 07:35 AM
Snort fans always bring up the pavement late model deal but his win total remains quite vague. Excuses outnumber the wins 1000 to 0. Larson crossed over to the pavement late models and promptly won the very first race he ever drove in one. He won the championship in his rookie year as a pavement late model driver, as well. But, to be fair to snort he's really not in the same category as Yung Muny. Very well put ! !

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2019, 07:38 AM
You know how it is on 4m, CnB. If your house doesn't have wheels, then you must be some kind of rich guy "whose daddy helped him out."No sh!t.

I wore cowboy cuts, cut off tees, and cowboy boots to high school. So they assumed I had no money, and I drove S10’s and Cavaliers. But my Dad was just about having a nice house, and watching his money, and investing. So we had acreage, nice house, pond, four wheelers, and so on. When they found out where I lived, they’d be like, you live there? Looking back, I get it, they assumed, but so what, just material stuff.

And we took no nice trips. I know my Dad was setting himself up for retirement. Which he did, but he then got a blood/lymphnode cancer, very rare, and that was that. And you can’t take it all with you, so it was all for him to NOT enjoy.

And, and, he raced and was good for quite a while. Then, he did the cardinal sin, helped me, we started a 84 Camaro, and then dudes, straight hillbillies, lost it at the rules meeting . You can’t run that, you’ll have to stiffen the suspension. And so on. Wheelbase is too short. I’ve truly never seen people be so testy over a 16 year old kid wanting to race. And now look, they are like old late models, well, non generic ones.

So he ended up helping my brother with his modified, till he passed. I know I know, rich, we had a stacker, 4 cars, everything lol. More like a 1/2 Chevy till that just wasn’t cutting it, so he bought a 3/4 ton 2010 Duramax. My brother still uses that truck, and the 28’ trailer today.

If you can help your family, and they show promise or whatever, you do. As a decent human being you should try to help them, and whatever some outsider thinks, well, ya know the rest.

Sorry for some family stuff Norm, I was just thinking out loud. Some of the stuff said here, and you with the trailer reply, which I 100% agree and understood the sarcasm, got me reflecting.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Very well put ! !But Larson had help, because people seen his talent, so that’s null and void, remember.

Kromulous
06-20-2019, 09:07 AM
6 pages of non sense over a kid, that won what 2 races on the Lucas Oil tour, with top shelf equipment and connections? aslo aligned with a Chassis company, and NASCAR level Engineering, SMH, this racing world has gone way down hill...

ZERO25
06-20-2019, 11:17 AM

If all that makes bloomy a crossover success then the bar is set very low, wouldn't you say?

You really don't know much about southern asphalt racing, so you should do some more research!

One thing I can say for sure.....an open wheel racer will NOT be the 4th member of the trinity!

TBSprintFan
06-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Here is my perspective of this whole conversation,
1. Hudson O'Neal looks like the real deal to me in dirt racing, and I don't mean Don. It also helps when you race in a series and race against better drivers on a regular basis compared to just running regionally.
2. Bloomquist, either if you like him or hate him , he is one of the best dirt late model drivers and don't forget in setting up a race car. Has probably made more money than most sprint and asphalt racers except for the top level drivers of NASCAR and some Indy Car. I would say definitely more than say Jack Hewitt.
3. Even though wingless sprints and midgets put on some good races , they mostly pay $ hit and you are far better off racing winged sprints or late models if you want to try and make a $ career out of it.
4. Donny Schatz, excellent in sprints and not too bad in a late model esp. since he owns it himself and races it just for fun, also a pilot with his own plane, that's how he gets in between sprint and late model races. Again makes more money than most other racers in the country except for the top level of NASCAR and some Indy Car drivers.
5. Kenny Bernstein has admitted that his NASCAR team was not well funded and run when Kinser was his driver, also Kinser impressed Quaker State enough to bring them with him into his own WoO Sprint car team.
6. Steve Kinser = The KING , ran a bit of everything and could of moved to something different but knew his best chance of making the most money and having the most fun doing it was by staying in a winged sprint car, and that would be the same for Scott Bloomquist and also they both are not small men.
7. Kyle Larson, excellent in all sprints, but a whiny little man in NASCAR, I know he has a few wins, but reminds me of Cole Trickle from Days of Thunder, runs like hell for a few laps and after by doing so burns off the tires, fades back fast and then blames the crew on the set up. Seems like he doesn't know on what to tell the crew on what the car is doing or how it is reacting on the track.