PDA

View Full Version : Emmett hahn signs contract to keep chili bowl at tulsa expo center thru 2034!!!

CIRF
06-20-2019, 11:41 AM
Great news for dirt racing, Emmett Hahn, the promoter of The Chili Bowl and the Tulsa River City Expo Center management team sighed a contract that extends the present deal through the year 2034.

The biggest and best dirt racing event on the planet is going nowhere for at least 14 years!! Great news!!

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midgets/other-midgets/chili-bowl-to-stay-in-tulsa-through-2034/

JimBo
06-23-2019, 10:24 PM
Great news!

fastford
06-24-2019, 09:19 AM
well cirf , i see a couple threads got deleted from the gossip section for not being politically correct , welcome back to no mans land........

CIRF
06-24-2019, 09:37 AM
well cirf , i see a couple threads got deleted from the gossip section for not being politically correct , welcome back to no mans land........

1st, what does that have to do with the new Chili Bowl contract?

2nd, I'll play along here and ask specifically which threads got deleted and why?

fastford
06-24-2019, 11:48 AM
1st , no more than you posting sprint stuff in the late model section , 2nd ,there were several that got deleted but the post where some one complained about you posting in the late model section in the thread where they were talking about a car getting into the stands and the one where i posted about DW,s last race and said the reason i did was that no one looks any where but the late models section any more so i posted it there like some sprint fans (you) do , 3rd , if there gone delete threads like those with no more than the few left that post an a regular bases , then its about over any way....have a good day.......

CIRF
06-24-2019, 01:22 PM
1st , no more than you posting sprint stuff in the late model section , 2nd ,there were several that got deleted but the post where some one complained about you posting in the late model section in the thread where they were talking about a car getting into the stands and the one where i posted about DW,s last race and said the reason i did was that no one looks any where but the late models section any more so i posted it there like some sprint fans (you) do , 3rd , if there gone delete threads like those with no more than the few left that post an a regular bases , then its about over any way....have a good day.......

I did some checking during my lunch hour today and found that I started 2 or 3 threads totally unrelated to DLM racing concerning the passing of Bryan Clauson in the DLM section. I have absolutely NO regrets about starting those threads in the DLM section. I firmly believe death transcends any and all silly tribal boundary lines. I've started 2, maybe 3 threads in the DLM section over the past 4 or 5 years other than the BC threads that were not remotely related to DLM racing. One was totally by mistake and it concerned Christopher Bell winning the Chili Bowl and that thread was promptly moved, as it should have been. The subject matter of the other 1 or 2 threads escapes me now but I'll take all the heat sent my way for those rare subject matter indiscretions.

If someone else starts an unrelated thread in the DLM section I will gladly chime in since it wasn't me who originally went beyond the boundaries. For that I also plead guilty as charged but take no particular responsibility.

I totally agree with your last sentence, fastford. The total 4M board activity has diminished to an all time low. Unfortunately, most of those few who are still active these days are some of the most tunnel visioned people I've ever seen. Most are way too easily disturbed by subject matter that is obviously the truth but doesn't fit their narrative regarding drivers performance records and racing division disparity, among other things.

I post here in the sprint section more than anyone other than the promotional people hyping racing events. I will continue and if that's a waste of time so be it. I've wasted time in more demeaning ways! LOL! When someone does respond with a post it's a cinch that it's relatively important that they make their point and usually it's not in the interest of looking for an argument with that proverbial chip on their shoulder.

Now, it's time for you to have a good day, okay?

fastford
06-24-2019, 03:49 PM
no problem cirf , i actually agree with most of your post , and i personally dont see any thing wrong with posting a little off topic info in the LMD section , just as i did about DW , i have seen things posted and let go waaaaaay worse than any thing you or i have ever posted , how ever there are some that come on here looking for a fight over every little post , thats the problem , and yes , i am having a pretty good day for a monday and hope you are as well.......

CIRF
06-24-2019, 07:31 PM
no problem cirf , i actually agree with most of your post , and i personally dont see any thing wrong with posting a little off topic info in the LMD section , just as i did about DW , i have seen things posted and let go waaaaaay worse than any thing you or i have ever posted , how ever there are some that come on here looking for a fight over every little post , thats the problem , and yes , i am having a pretty good day for a monday and hope you are as well.......

Are you of the opinion that the stuff taken down was a result of what you and I posted or for being off topic in general?

I am confident we're on the same wavelength. If I seemed a bit aggressive in the previous posts it was because I wasn't clear where you were going with this. I'm now clear and I appreciate your point of view.

I make a concerted effort to be factually accurate. If I'm not accurate I'll humbly stand corrected. I get mocked and sometimes attacked for pointing out facts that some would rather not be reminded of. Believe me when I tell you I enjoy most every minute of it! I most enjoy the overwhelming predictability.

That being said I must add that I thoroughly love most all types of dirt track racing but I especially enjoy the top levels whether it be DLM's, USAC Silver Crown, wingless 410 sprint cars or winged 410's, full house midgets, mortified's and even high quality street stocks. My absolute favorite's are the USAC Silver Crown, wingless 410's and of course the DLM's. Full house USAC & POWRi midgets are a close second on my list. However, around here it's distasteful to be passionate about the open wheel classes. The anti attitudes are at least in part a result of a DLM inferiority complex harbored by many here and the compelling urge to defend their tribal fandom. Tunnel vision is just one of the byproducts.

Anyway, no problem here, fastford. We're good. I won't have to worry about being attacked for the previous paragraph because no self respecting dirt late model fanatic would waste their time clicking on a thread about the biggest and best dirt racing event of the whole year having their lease agreement extended by 14 years! LOLOL!!

Have a good one, ff!