PDA

View Full Version : FAIRBURY, IL - July 6 - UMP Late Models, UMP Modifieds, MOWA Sprints, & POWRi Midgets

HoosierDirtFan
07-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Fairbury American Legion Speedway
Fairbuiry, Illinois

Saturday, July 6th 2019

Lucas Oil POWRi National Midgets - $2,000 to win
Built Ford Tough Midwest Open Wheel Association 410 Wing Sprints - $2,000 to win
UMP Super Late Models - $2,500 to win
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds - $1,500 to win

PRICES
Pit Passes - $35.00
Grandstands Adults - $25.00
Grandstands kids 12 & Under - FREE with paying adult

TIMES
Pit Gate - 12:00 noon
Gate 2 - 2:00pm
Gate 3 - 5:00pm
Drivers Meeting - 5:15pm
Hot Laps - 5:45pm
Qualifying - 6:15pm
Racing - 7:00pm

hoosier race fan
07-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Push & flips plus pizza delivery mud cabs. Something for everyone.

HoosierDirtFan
07-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Rained out

CIRF
07-07-2019, 12:22 PM
Push & flips plus pizza delivery mud cabs. Something for everyone.

Rained outProlly just as well.

Sure glad we went to Knoxville, Iowa for the USAC Corn Belt Nationals 2 day show!

It must be hard for the POWRi and MOWA powers that be to endure the embarrassment of being relegated to support class status by the Fairbury weekly late model division. What touring division schedules like that? Sad.

HoosierDirtFan
07-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Prolly just as well.

Sure glad we went to Knoxville, Iowa for the USAC Corn Belt Nationals 2 day show!

It must be hard for the POWRi and MOWA powers that be to endure the embarrassment of being relegated to support classes by the Fairbury weekly late model division. What touring division schedules like that? Sad.

Only you would say something stupid. Actually those 2 series had the higher car counts and would have been the show of the night. Before the rain came 21 late models, about 22 / 23 modifieds, about 25-30 sprints and midgets. Keith Kuntz had all his cars there. There where some good Midgets and sprints in the pits. Sucks because it was looking to be a good show. They announced after the rain out that they hope to reschedule.

CIRF
07-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Only you would say something stupid. Actually those 2 series had the higher car counts and would have been the show of the night. Before the rain came 21 late models, about 22 / 23 modifieds, about 25-30 sprints and midgets. Keith Kuntz had all his cars there. There where some good Midgets and sprints in the pits. Sucks because it was looking to be a good show. They announced after the rain out that they hope to reschedule.Hmmm. Let's see, here. You vigorously respond to a post which you deem stupid. Thus, according to your own definition you are giving heed to a statement in which you personally perceive as stupid, which seems a bit stupid, doesn't it? LOL!

And #1, if you're going to name drop in an attempt to make some meaningless point you'd do well to at least spell the person's name correctly. For the record, it's Keith Kunz not Keith Kuntz.

And #2, when attempting to ascertain a racing event headliner division isn't purse size generally a major determining factor as opposed to car count? I'll answer that for you professor. YES it is!

And #3, by your own account the title of your thread clearly indicates UMP Late Models & Modified's as the headliners.

Given FALS track record regarding rain dates for cancelled POWRi & MOWA events I would advise you not to hold your breath. But, I will admit, that is just a hunch and is yet to be determined.

hoosier race fan
07-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Only you would say something stupid. Actually those 2 series had the higher car counts and would have been the show of the night. Before the rain came 21 late models, about 22 / 23 modifieds, about 25-30 sprints and midgets. Keith Kuntz had all his cars there. There where some good Midgets and sprints in the pits. Sucks because it was looking to be a good show. They announced after the rain out that they hope to reschedule.
Don’t take the bait.

WisWildManFan
07-07-2019, 04:41 PM
He's still butt hurt ab sprint mania being canceled...

HoosierDirtFan
07-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Hoosier Race Fan - I won't take that bait. He's just being him self pathetic. It was turning out to be a great show and there was a decent crowd on hand before it was called. I was looking forward to it. Like I told one guy on the Indiana Open wheel forum. I would absolutely love to see a USAC Sprint car show there at FALS. That if not for being cancelled because of race would have had something for everyone; open wheel cars & fender cars. This was a race I was looking forward to. Sucks the rain popped up but it is what it is. Hope they can find a reschedule date. Unlike some folks I'm not particularly bias towards one class or another.

chathamracefan
07-07-2019, 05:29 PM
Hope they can find a date to reschedule. Would try to go to that one.

CIRF
07-08-2019, 10:08 AM
He's still butt hurt ab sprint mania being canceled...Oh yea, we were so butt hurt that we went to Jacksonville the very same weekend Sprint Mania was supposed to take place and watched a great show with 76 racecars in the pits and a very good crowd on hand that Kenny Dobson put together in less than 2 weeks. If you want to have an enlightening discussion about Sprint Mania butt hurt I'd suggest you speak with Casey Shuman. It's a safe bet he'd set you straight on that subject. But then again it's more than a bit unclear whether your cognitive skills would be adequate to comprehend what you are being told! But hey, snappy comeback if there ever was one. Keep 'em comin'! LOLOL!

Hoosier Race Fan - I won't take that bait. He's just being him self pathetic.Self pathetic? Is that a clinical term?

It seems you already took the bait considering you post a thread where you list the late models as the headline division and then vigorously attempt to claim that was not the case using car count as evidence. If what you say is true the original thread should have been posted in another section. Personally, when it comes right down to it, I really don't give a dam either way but it would be nice if you'd at least be honest about it. All that and you have the chutzpah to try and call anyone pathetic?! Ha!

Is HoosierDirtFan and Hoosier Race Fan the same person? It seems too close to call! LOL!

Hope they can find a date to reschedule. Would try to go to that one.I do too, crf. And we'd probably be there for it, as well. As Hoosier Race Fan/HoosierDirtFan (it's hard to tell them apart) said earlier, there is something for everyone..............except the late model/modified fans that are disenchanted with the fact that Fairbury doesn't employ nearly enough push trucks and push truck organization to successfully keep the show moving along in a timely fashion and then vocally blame it on the race cars and their respective divisions. Naturally, to them, it's not FALS that is delinquent in their preparation, it's the fault of the race cars!

WisWildManFan
07-08-2019, 04:22 PM
I wish the chili bowl was held 51 weeks a year

CIRF
07-12-2019, 12:40 PM
I wish the chili bowl was held 51 weeks a year

Yet another clever, witty, well thought out gem of a retort!

WittyWisWildManFan is a far more apropos moniker!

We've been away for a few days but our longing and anticipation of such colloquial quality from a paragon of intellectual virtue only grows with the passing of time! LOLOL!

Hope everyone has a great racin' weekend!

WisWildManFan
07-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Exactly my point u dipsh!t... You're only quiet on here when you leave the house for a while because you can't use a smartphone.