PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Erb Tames Topless 50 at Tyler County Speedway

Ben Shelton
07-08-2019, 11:11 AM
For Immediate Release
July 8, 2019

Tyler Erb Tames Topless 50 at Tyler County Speedway
Four-Race LOLMDS Weekend Up Next

St. Marys, Ohio (07/08/19) – Tyler Erb stormed to his fourth Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series triumph of the 2019 season on Friday night. He piloted his Industrial Resourcing Group No. 1 XR1 Rocket Chassis/ #Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $12,000 triumph in the 25th annual Topless 50 at Tyler County Speedway.

The victory was his fifth of the year with Best Performance Motorsports and his seventh overall.

"I am super-pumped!" exclaimed Erb in Victory Lane at the West Virginia oval. "We have a super-fast racecar right now. This is the best car I have ever driven. It feels like a year since we won a race. This is one of my favorite tracks. We haven't been here a lot, because it's a long way from Texas."

"I wanted to move up higher in turns one and two; that's what got me the lead on Devin [Moran]. It's hard to move up when you can see those guys below you. I was getting sideways into turn three and I could almost see the entire field behind me. This just shows how good of a team we have. We put in the work to win and it paid off tonight."

Following a rainout on Wednesday night at Muskingum County Speedway (Zanesville, Ohio), the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) was able to get back to business on Thursday night with a trip to Portsmouth Raceway Park (Portsmouth, Ohio).

With 29 Super Late Models entered, Tyler raced to a runner-up finish in his heat race in his Industrial Resourcing Group No. 1 Super Late Model. His heat finish positioned him fifth on the starting grid for the finale. He went on to record a seventh-place finish in the final rundown of the $12,000-to-win affair.

Friday night at West Virginia's Tyler County Speedway, Tyler won his heat race to earn the outside-front-row starting spot for the 50-lap finale. He jumped to the lead at the drop of the green flag. Once out front he paced the field for all 50 circuits on his way to the $12,000 triumph in the 25th annual Topless 50.

Saturday night's event at Mansfield Motor Speedway (Mansfield, Ohio) fell victim to rain and will not be rescheduled.

Tyler is up to second in the latest LOLMDS standings, and he continues to lead the Rookie of the Year battle. For full results from the event as well as the latest series' standings, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

An ultra-busy stretch of LOLMDS competition for Best Performance Motorsports kicks off this week with four events. On Thursday and Friday a pair of $12,000-to-win programs are set to roll at Tri City Speedway (Pontoon Beach, Illinois), while Saturday and Sunday will see Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Missouri) hosting a pair of $15,000-to-win, series events.

Make sure to visit www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com to pick up the latest team merchandise.

Best Performance Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include New Point Lighting & Design, Inc., Roberts Bee Company, Bulk Material Lift, Franklin Enterprises, Boxo USA, Industrial Resourcing Group, Bazell Race Fuels, Sunoco, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Valvoline, Corey Frazer State Farm, Industrial Hydro Excavating, Beyea Headers, Day Motorsports, Champion Brands, Doyle Edwards Trucking, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Wiles Drive Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Weld Racing, Performance Rod & Custom, Peterson Fluid Systems, Barnes Systems Inc., Powers Performance, Butlerbuilt, Impact Race Gear, Heath Lawson Photography, Swift Springs, Walker Performance Filtration, ASI Racewear, Fragola Performance Systems, Dirt Defender, Outerwears, Strange Engineering, Performance Race Engineering, Five Star Race Car Bodies Rocket Chassis, R&R Design and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Best Performance Motorsports please visit the team website at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com and www.TylerErb.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/bestperformancemotorsports/, www.twitter.com/BPMotorsports1 and www.instagram.com/bestperformancemotorsports .