PDA

View Full Version : Chase Junghans Scores WoO $10,000 Victory at Red Cedar

Ben Shelton
07-15-2019, 11:05 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 15, 2019

Chase Junghans Scores WoO $10,000 Victory at Red Cedar Speedway
Preps for Ninth Annual Silver Dollar Nationals

Manhattan, Kansas (07/15/19) – Chase Junghans has been knocking on the door of Victory Lane with the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series throughout the season in his Shop Quik Convenience Stores #18 Bozard Ford Lincoln/XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

On Sunday night the Kansas racer was able to get over the hump as he raced to the $10,000 triumph at Wisconsin’s Red Cedar Speedway.

“We’ve been close all year. We just finally got to put a complete night together,” Junghans said in WoO Victory Lane after claiming his third-career win with the tour. “I only saw the [Rocket] 1 car one time out of the corner of my eye. But those guys are (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good, and it feels really good to beat them. They’ll be on their A-game when we start racing again, so we’ve just got to keep our heads down and keep on chugging along.”

Junghans had to encounter heavy lapped traffic as he paced all 50 laps of the finale.

“There were lapped cars left and right, and I was trying to look at my crew guy to see how big of lead I had at one point,” he said. “But when you’re on the top and you’re bouncing off that cushion, it’s hard to be consistent. But this car was phenomenal tonight.

“This win is dedicated to my family, my crew, my sponsors, and everybody who supports my program. Hopefully this is the first of many to come for the rest of the year.”

Chase wrapped up a busy week of action with WoO on Sunday evening at Red Cedar Speedway (Menomonie, Wisconsin) as the series made its debut at the clay oval. Junghans started his night by recording the second fastest lap in time trials before picking up a 10-lap heat race victory.

Starting outside front row for the feature, Junghans jumped to the lead as the race went green. He encountered lapped traffic often and early throughout the 50 lapper en route to his first WoO win of the year and his second overall triumph of the season. Junghans received $10,000 for his winning performance, which came over Shane Clanton, Ricky Weiss, Brandon Sheppard, and Cade Dillard.

Junghans kicked off the week of WoO action on Tuesday evening with a sixth-place finish at ABC Raceway (Ashland, Wisconsin) in the Red’s Auto Badgerland 50.

Returning to action on Friday evening at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota), Chase posted a third-place finish in his heat race, which positioned him eighth on the starting grid for the feature. With $10,000 on the line, Junghans crossed the finish line in ninth.

On Saturday night at Ogilvie Raceway (Ogilvie, Minnesota), Junghans secured his spot into the show with a runner-up performance in his heat behind Darrell Lanigan. Battling the handle on his entry in the 50-lap finale, Chase slipped to a 13th-place finish.

Chase sits in fifth in the latest World of Outlaw point standings. For more results from this event, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Make sure to visit the Apparel page at www.ChaseJunghans.com to get the latest team apparel.

The team now has their sights set on the ninth annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals weekend at I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Nebraska). Action opens on Thursday night with a $10,000-to-win affair. On Friday night, double heat races will be contested, while Saturday night will see the $53,000-to-win finale on deck. The weekend is sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Chase Junghans Racing would like to thank their principal and associate sponsors including Shop Quik Convenience Stores, Bozard Ford Lincoln, Sunoco Race Fuels, Junghans Discount Liquors, Paulson Rock Products, Hoosier Tire, Rocket Chassis, Clements Racing Engines, Hooker Harness, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Fast Shafts Driveshafts, Speedway Motors, PRC, Sweet Manufacturing, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Chase Junghans and Shop Quik Racing please visit www.ChaseJunghans.com .