PDA

View Full Version : Shane Clanton Claims Ogilvie WoO Victory with Skyline Motorsports

Ben Shelton
07-15-2019, 12:44 PM
For Immediate Release
July 15, 2019

Shane Clanton Claims Ogilvie WoO Victory with Skyline Motorsports
Focused on This Weekend’s Billy Clanton Classic at Senoia Raceway

Zebulon, Georgia (7/15/19) – Shane Clanton piloted his Skyline Motorsports No. 25 Bennett Explosives/ Super K Express/ Capital Race Car/ Clements Racing Engine to the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series win on Saturday Night at Ogilvie Raceway.

The victory marked his second WoO triumph of the year and his fourth win overall on the season. Perhaps most important to Clanton, was that it was his first victory with Skyline Motorsports.

“Greg Bruening has given me a great opportunity with Skyline Motorsports, and it means the world to me. So, to be able to get our first victory together so quick is something pretty cool,” Clanton said. “Our car is getting better every time that we hit the track. With this team and crew that I have in place, now I can focus on what tweaks need to be done to the car, instead of having to worry about turning the wrenches. That’s made a huge difference.

“This was a great last week, and now I’m looking forward to racing in my dad’s memorial race this Saturday at Senoia. Words can’t express what this race means to me, and I’m going to do everything in my ability to win it again.”

Following the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series on a northern swing, Shane Clanton traveled to ABC Raceway (Ashland, Wisconsin) on Tuesday night, where festivities kicked off with the Red’s Auto Badgerland 50. Drawing 25 entries, Clanton started the night with a heat race victory, which positioned him third on the starting grid for the $10,000-to-win A-Main.

Advancing a position, Shane scored a runner-up finish behind Brandon Sheppard with Ricky Weiss, Jimmy Mars, and Cade Dillard rounding out the Top-5.

On Friday evening at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota), Shane followed up the third fastest lap in his time trial group with a 10-lap heat race win. Starting the feature from outside the front row, Clanton battled in the Top 5 throughout the feature before crossing the finish line in the fourth position behind Brandon Sheppard, Ricky Weiss, and Dennis Erb.

The following night at Ogilvie Raceway (Ogilvie, Minnesota), Clanton registered a third-place finish in his heat race, which locked his spot into the main event.

Rolling off the feature grid from the ninth position, Shane worked his way into the Top 5 early and slipped past Brandon Sheppard for the runner-up position on lap-22. Overtaking Ricky Weiss for the lead seven laps later, Clanton held off a charging Sheppard in the final circuits to pick up his fourth win of the season and a $10,000 payday. Sheppard, Jimmy Mars, Dennis Erb Jr., and Darrell Lanigan trailed him to the checkers.

Wrapping up the four-day weekend with the World of Outlaws, Shane stopped at Red Cedar Speedway (Menomonie, Wisconsin) on Sunday evening to do battle in another $10,000-to-win program. Advancing two spots in his heat, Clanton streaked to a 10-lap victory to earn the pole position for the finale.

Slipping one position in the 50-lap feature, Shane Clanton posted a runner-up finish behind Chase Junghans with Ricky Weiss, Brandon Sheppard, and Cade Dillard rounding out the Top 5.

Shane has climbed to fourth in the latest World of Outlaws point standings. Full results from the weekend are available at www.WoOLMS.com .

The team will be back in familiar territory this weekend as he enters a pair of Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals events in his home state. On Friday night, the fifth annual Billy Clanton Classic will be held at Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Georgia) with a $4,025 winner’s check on the line. Shane won the 2015 and 2016 editions of the event, which salutes the memory of his late father.

On Sunday night the team will invade Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia), where a $5,300 top prize is up for grabs.

For more information on the weekend’s events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .