PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Sanders Scores Third-Straight Win at Mississippi Thunder Speedway

Ben Shelton
07-16-2019, 02:22 PM
For Immediate Release
July 15, 2019

Rodney Sanders Scores Third-Straight Win at Mississippi Thunder Speedway
Busy Week of USMTS Competition Awaits

Happy, Texas (07/15/19) – Friday night found Rodney Sanders conquering the USRA Modified action at Mississippi Thunder Speedway for the third-straight race. The $2,000 marked his sixth triumph of the 2019 season and came behind the wheel of his Wichita Tank Racing No. 20 Kenny’s Tile/ ARMI Contractors/ MB Customs/ Hatfield Racing Engine Modified.

“Man, I always love going to Mississippi Thunder Speedway. It’s a fun track, and I’ve enjoyed a lot of success there. It was kind of a last minute thing to go, but with the $500 bonus on the line I had to give it a shot and we got it done,” Sanders said.”

“This week is going to be a busy one, but I’m looking forward to it. We won last year at Oskaloosa, so it will be fun to try and repeat there. I’m especially looking forward to getting back to I-80 Speedway for the Silver Dollar Nationals. Hopefully we can pick up another big win at that place.”

Rodney Sanders returned to Mississippi Thunder Speedway (Fountain City, Wisconsin) on Friday evening, where he was piloting his ARMI Contractors No. 20 Open Wheel Modified into battle on Hurco & Stone Machinery Night.

In a field of 16 entries, Sanders locked his spot into the A-Main with a runner-up finish in his heat race behind Jake Timm. Rolling off fifth on the grid for the feature, Rodney outran Dustin Sorenson to capture his sixth win of the season.

The feature win paid $1,500 and he received an additional $500 bonus for winning his third-straight race at the facility. Sorenson, Jake Timm, Josh Angst, and Brad Waits trailed him to the checkers.

For more results from this event, please visit www.MississippiThunder.com .

This week has Rodney set to compete in Iowa and Nebraska with the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS). On Wednesday night action opens at Southern Iowa Speedway (Oskaloosa, Iowa). From there the team invades I-80 Speedway on Friday and Saturday for the ninth annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals.

Friday night’s preliminary action posts as much as $2,000 to the winner, while Saturday’s coveted finale pays $8,000-to-win. Sanders has visited Victory Lane at the 4/10-mile speed plant on multiple occasions and is the defending event winner.

For more information on the race, please visit www.I-80Speedway.com .

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, Armi, Swan Energy, Mesilla Valley Transportation, S&S Fishing and Rental, Kenny’s Tile, MB Customs, Hatfield Race Engines, Hibner Logging, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Paulson Rock Products, Integra Shocks, Swift Springs, FK Rod Ends, CMD Race Shocks, Wehrs Machine, 87 Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, Allstar Performance, Speedway Motors, Beyea Headers, Rodney Sanders Racing, Day Motorsports, Driven Race Oil, C&R Radiators, Real Wheels, Palmer Painting, Deatherage Opticians, Wilwood Brakes, PEM Rearends, Winning Edge Carburetors, VP Race Fuels, McCartney Welding, Simpson Race Products and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net .