PDA

View Full Version : Black front Rocket Spindle swaps.

HMS27
07-22-2019, 10:09 AM
I'm sure someone has tried different Lower control arms and spindles on these things before.
I've heard Mastersbilt S7 stuff is a direct bolt on and really helps these older black fronts turn. ????

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-22-2019, 04:35 PM
I'm sure someone has tried different Lower control arms and spindles on these things before.
I've heard Mastersbilt S7 stuff is a direct bolt on and really helps these older black fronts turn. ????

Not to be a negative Nancy, but the crossmember is going to be a huge disadvantage regardless of spindles. I'd put whatever spindle I could find with the lowest pin location and correct the geometry that needs fixed. Kryptonite might be the best choice.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-22-2019, 04:36 PM
I'm not that familiar with Rocket but you may be right about s7 spindles working. If so, it would help some, most likely.

HMS27
07-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Thanks, the raised Rt. Front and crossmember are on the list for the off season.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-23-2019, 07:29 AM
Thanks, the raised Rt. Front and crossmember are on the list for the off season.

My friend has a Gen X Mastersbilt. It is the original extra ground clearance car in DLM racing. We had the steering rack raised over the winter. It helped immensely.