PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Sanders Continues USMTS Silver Dollar Dominance

Ben Shelton
07-23-2019, 03:14 PM
For Immediate Release
July 23, 2019

Rodney Sanders Continues USMTS Silver Dollar Nationals Dominance
Mississippi Thunder Speedway and Deer Creek Speedway on Tap

Happy, Texas (07/23/19) – I-80 Speedway has been very good to Rodney Sanders over the past several years. This past weekend was no different. The Texas racer piloted his Wichita Tank Racing No. 20 Kenny’s Tile/ ARMI Contractors/ MB Customs/ Hatfield Racing Engine Modified to the $8,000 victory in the ninth annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals.

“Something about I-80 Speedway has always fit my driving style, and I always love going there,” Sanders said. “Drawing the pole position for the finale was a big deal on Saturday night because it allowed me to start in clean air and pick the best line. We were on cruise control until the caution flew with three laps to go. I knew as long as I didn’t spin my tires on the restart that we had the car to win.

“Everything worked out perfectly and we got the win. This week we’re putting a new car together and will hopefully have it ready for Deer Creek and Mississippi Thunder Speedway this weekend.”

Friday night found Rodney Sanders in action at I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Nebraska) for the opening round of the ninth annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals. With 26 United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) entries on hand for the preliminary feature, Rodney secured his spot into the main event with a heat race victory.

Running the 30-lap feature in two segments, Sanders finished second behind Terry Phillips with Dereck Ramirez, R.C. Whitwell, and Hunter Marriott trailing them to the checkers.

In the second 15-lap segment, Rodney captured his seventh win of the season over Jason Hughes, Dereck Ramirez, Terry Phillips, and Hunter Marriott. He bagged a $1,000 payday for his efforts.

Returning on Saturday with the pole position already locked into the finale, Sanders led flag-to-flag en route to his eighth win of the season and an $8,000 prize. Jason Hughes, Ryan Gustin, Jake Timm, and Zack VanderBeek rounded out the Top-5 finishers.

The weekend triumphs increased his winning percentage at the 4/10-mile oval. He’s now won 10 of the last 12 races there.

With his performance over the weekend, Rodney clinched the USMTS Northern Lights Series championship and the USMTS Mid-American Series championship. He also extended his advantage atop the USMTS point standings.

For the latest standings as well as complete results, please visit www.USMTS.com .

If Rodney is able to get his new car finished in time he plans to enter a pair of USRA Weekly Racing Series Events this weekend. On Friday night action is slated for Mississippi Thunder Speedway (Fountain City, Wisconsin), while Saturday night will find the team at Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minnesota).

For more information on the events, please visit www.MississippiThunder.com and www.DeerCreekSpeedway.com .

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, Armi, Swan Energy, Mesilla Valley Transportation, S&S Fishing and Rental, Kenny’s Tile, MB Customs, Hatfield Race Engines, Hibner Logging, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Paulson Rock Products, Integra Shocks, Swift Springs, FK Rod Ends, CMD Race Shocks, Wehrs Machine, 87 Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, Allstar Performance, Speedway Motors, Beyea Headers, Rodney Sanders Racing, Day Motorsports, Driven Race Oil, C&R Radiators, Real Wheels, Palmer Painting, Deatherage Opticians, Wilwood Brakes, PEM Rearends, Winning Edge Carburetors, VP Race Fuels, McCartney Welding, Simpson Race Products and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net .