PDA

View Full Version : Austin Horton Hustles to First-Career ULTIMATE Series Triumph

Ben Shelton
07-30-2019, 01:39 PM
For Immediate Release
July 30, 2019

Austin Horton Hustles to First-Career ULTIMATE Series Triumph
ULTIMATE Super Late Models at Dixie Speedway Up Next

Newnan, Georgia (07/30/19) – Austin Horton achieved another first in young, racing career on Saturday night. The 24-year-old Georgian wired the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series field at Dixie Speedway in his Vape’s Gone Wild No. 16 Wood Motorsports/ Orr’s Towing/ Super K Express/ XR1 Rocket Chassis by Clint Smith/ Clements Race Engine Super Late Model.

For his maiden trip to Victory Lane with the series, he received a $4,000 winner’s check.

“We gambled on tires,” Horton said in Victory Lane. “I was about the only one who went on the right rear tire that we did, and I was just hoping it was gonna pay off. It didn’t feel that good early, so I was just trying to make it do what it’d do. I’m glad I got to the lead when I did. The flagman did a good job throwing that move over flag, but the lapped cars wasn’t looking at ‘em.

“Man what a racecar we have right now! Pumped is an understatement of how this year has been for our team. Thanks to everyone who supports us. I have a lot of great people behind me.”

On Saturday evening Austin Horton visited Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) as he went into battle again a field of 31 ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series entries. Recording the second-fastest lap in his time trial group behind Casey Roberts, Horton locked into the fourth-starting position for the A-Main.

Overtaking polesitter Aaron Ridley on the seventh lap, Austin survived challenges late from Casey Roberts to claim his fifth win of the season and a $4,000 payday. Roberts, Jason Croft, Zach Leonhardi, and Austin Smith trailed him to the checkers.

For more results from this event, please visit www.ULTIMATEsupers.com .

The team will be idle this weekend before returning to competition on Saturday, August 10 at Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama) in the annual Governor’s Cup. The Southern All Star (SAS) Dirt Racing Series event posts a $10,000 top prize.

For more information on the event, please visit www.SASdirt.com .

Austin Horton would like to thank his marketing partners, which Super K Express, Orr’s Towing, Vapes Gone Wild, Franklin Enterprises, GW Performance, Rocket Chassis by Clint Smith Racing, Gary’s Pulp & Logging Inc., Allstar Graphix, McKoon’s, Horton’s Inc. and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Austin Horton, please visit www.AustinHorton16.com .