View Full Version : Jeff Taylor Wins Seventh Annual Ed Jordan Memorial

Ben Shelton
08-01-2019, 02:53 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
August 1, 2019

Jeff Taylor Wins Seventh Annual Ed Jordan Memorial
Batesville Motor Speedway Up Next

Cave City, Arkansas (08/01/19) – Jeff Taylor scored a special win on Saturday night at Tracey Clay’s I-30 Speedway. Not only did he pocket $2,000 for winning the seventh annual Ed Jordan Memorial, but he also claimed his first win with Shaw Race Cars in his Industrial Electric No. 5 Spur Bar/ Wehrs Machine/ Provence Construction/ Shaw Race Car Modified.

“This Shaw Race Car has been fast every time that it’s hit the track so far, but we just kept falling a little short of Victory Lane,” Taylor noted. “On Saturday night at I-30 Speedway we hit the ground running against a tough field of cars and never looked back on our way to the win.

“I want to thank Scott and Marlene Mosley as well as Kevin Shaw and everybody at Shaw Race Cars for providing me with such an awesome car. There’s some really big shows coming up in the next few months, and I’m confident that we’re going to be a contender in all of them.”

On Friday evening Jeff Taylor traveled to Batesville Motor Speedway (Batesville, Arkansas), where he returned to the driver’s seat of his Shaw Race Car No. 5 IMCA Modified. Earning the eighth-starting position for the A-Main via preliminary events, Taylor gained three spots to register a fifth-place finish behind Brint Hartwick, Ashton Wilkey, Brandon Smith, and Ricky Engles Jr.

The following night at I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) Jeff entered the seventh annual Ed Jordan Memorial, which drew a stacked field of 39 entries to the ¼-mile oval. Via his heat race performance, Taylor locked into the fourth-starting spot for the big finale. He went on to charge to the feature win and the $2,000 payday. Tyler Stevens, JT Goodson, Clay Norris, and Drew Armstrong completed the Top-5 finishres.

For more results from these events, please visit www.BatesvilleMotorSpeedway.com and www.I-30Speedway.com .

As of right now, Jeff plans to enter a single event this weekend. He looks to make the short trip to Batesville Motor Speedway on Friday night to do some testing on his race car as he prepares for upcoming special events.

Jeff Taylor would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Shaw Race Cars Industrial Electric, Spur Bar, Heat Transfer Solutions, New Vision Graphics,Provence Construction, Wehrs Machine, Fury Energy, Sweet Manufacturing, No Limits Racing, Precision Performance, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jeff Taylor Racing, please visit the official team website at www.JeffTaylor5.com and for more information on Shaw Race Cars, please visit www.LarryShaw.com .