PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Lake Passing Points & Double Heats

corey237
08-04-2019, 05:32 PM
I have been to every USA Nationals since 2003 and this years racing (excluding Thur heats) was some of the best I remember. Friday nights heat races were great. You had guys slide jobbing each other for 5th & 6th place. As a fan if you didn't find that entertaining I don't know what to think. I thought the feature was better than it has been in years. I hope they keep the exact same format next year.

Hoosier
08-04-2019, 08:27 PM
"I hope they keep the exact same format next year." agrees this fan.

GEAR_HEAD
08-04-2019, 08:28 PM
People get confused easily by all of the passing and they can't understand that passing is good and not passing is bad. It's much easier for folks to follow along if they all stay in line and don't change positions. If people had it their way they would just run time trials and give the big check to the fastest qualifier.

mccreadiefan39
08-04-2019, 09:10 PM
If I had to guess I would say look for them to do away with passing points and go to the three day show (Show-Me, Topless, Knoxville etc.) format where you earn points and the top 18 after 2 nights get locked in.

TUTY
08-05-2019, 07:32 AM
That would require a minimum of $50,000 added to the purse but yes Night 1 and 2 could be Qualifying nights using your best points night. Right now they are paying $6000 To Win on Thursday’s show and $0 on Friday with only heats being run. Yet somehow tickets have went up $10 over the last couple of years.

GEAR_HEAD
08-05-2019, 10:16 AM
after one of the top 10 races of the year. How do people Finds so meany things wrong with a race. have we become so out of touch that all we do is Wine. man i wake up each day and thank God for 1 more.

That's the snowflake generation. They're even invading dirt track racing now. The epidemic is out of control.

fryefan
08-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Thursday night's standard WoO late model program was, BY FAR, the worst racing of the weekend. Very little passing.

It was great for those of you who like the freight-train races.

TUTY
08-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Agree, Thursday Nights track sucked. I think the struggled the first two nights for some reason. I don’t care if they run double heats on Friday or a complete show. But if and that’s a if, all the drivers don’t like it then there could be a change. There has become a lot of cry babies in the pits. Guarantee the 49 car was happy with everything on Thursday.

fryefan
08-05-2019, 09:35 PM
The biggest problem with Thursday's show was the format.

TUTY
08-05-2019, 10:13 PM
The regular WOO Show?