PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad of Passing Points & Madden's Big Win

Returning to Dirt
08-06-2019, 02:41 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-blog-the-good-and-bad-of-passing-points-maddens-big-win/

We offer our take on Jonathan Davenport's criticism of passing points system and we discuss Chris Madden's win in the USA Nationals

mcarter815
08-06-2019, 03:13 PM
I love passing points. It forces the racers to have to race. There's none of this two lap hero nonsense. Either do draw/redraw or passing points for all races.

fryefan
08-06-2019, 03:20 PM
I am blessed to live in an area where most of the races are lined up by passing points, inverts, or draw/redraws and the racing is MUCH better than the freight-train heads up start formats.

Kromulous
08-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Passing point Formats suck for Drivers and Car Owners who have small fortunes in these cars.

Great for the Fans, that love to see passing, and tail starting Hero's that are not afraid to plow thru the field, or have a good enough car. That and Sliders galore.

There will always be a duality in life, that is how life works.

LOL i seen Jacky Boggs start the tail of a Heat at the North South, and was 3rd by turn 2, went right thru the middle of the field, had to move a couple guys, but "you'll have that" on a big job LOL.

I'm on the fence, i am part owner in a car, but understand that Fans enjoy it, so it may be a necessary evil per say.

mcarter815
08-06-2019, 05:00 PM
It's the fans that keep tracks open and series going. If the fans don't find the racing exciting, they aren't going to come to the races.

Honestly, how good of a driver are you really if you can't drive up through the field?