PDA

View Full Version : Ashton Winger Continues a Year of Firsts with Thunderhill SAS Victory

Ben Shelton
08-06-2019, 04:36 PM
For Immediate Release
August 3, 2019

Ashton Winger Continues a Year of Firsts
Races to First-Career Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series Victory

Hampton, Georgia (8/03/19) – From first-time visits to storied tracks to first-time victories, the 2019 season has truly been a year of firsts for 19-year-old Ashton Winger. Saturday night at Thunderhill Raceway Park was no exception as the talented, young racer bolted to his first-career Southern All Star (SAS) Dirt Racing Series victory.

The triumph came behind the wheel of his Johnny Doan Plumbing No. 12 E-Z-Go/ Keyser Manufacturing/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model and marked his fifth win of 2019.

“We came here last month in Billy Franklin’s car and almost got the win. Tonight, I felt like we were pretty good the whole time,” Winger commented. “I was bottled up and I didn’t do what I needed to do on the initial start. Then whenever [Josh] Putnam gave me the outside on the restart I just figured I’d try to get the best run I could down the straightaway and then wherever [Dane] Dacus didn’t go, I was gonna go. It worked out. Sometimes it doesn’t and we’re glad it did.”

Saturday night saw Ashton Winger in action at Thunderhill Raceway Park (Summertown, Tennessee), where he was competing in a field of 22 Southern All Star (SAS) Series entries for the King of the Hill 40.

Recording the second-fastest lap in qualifications behind Brad Skinner, Winger earned the second-starting position for the A-Main. Early in the race Ashton slipped back to as far as fourth before overtaking race-leader Dane Dacus following an early-race restart. Once out front Ashton soared to his fifth win of the season, which came over over Dacus, Josh Putnam, David Breazeale, and Riley Hickman. He earned a $4,000 payday for his first-career SAS victory.

For more results from this event, please visit www.SASDirt.com .

The team had originally planned to enter the annual Sunoco North/South 100 this weekend, but hauler issues have prevented that. The team hopes to have their transporter fixed in time to compete in the annual Governor’s Cup with the Southern All Stars on Saturday night at Alabama’s Talladega Short Track. The event posts a $10,000 top prize.

For more information on the program, please visit www.TalladegaShortTrack.com .

Ashton Winger would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include E-Z-Go, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Boydbilt Fabrication Spring-Pro, Collins Signs, Turkey Creek Snacks, Franklin Enterprises, The Realty Queen & Team, Johnny Doan Plumbing, Rocket Chassis, Advanced Technology Motorsports, FK Rod Ends, CSR Aluminum Fabrication, Will Kinzer Foundation for Autism Research, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Off Axis Paint, O.H. Hendricks Sheet Metal, Hoosier Tire South, VP Racing Fuels, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, RSD Enterprises, 2 Brothers Motorsports, Racing Radio, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Fast Shafts, K&N Racing Filters, Integra MX Springs, GW Performance, J&C Properties and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Ashton Winger, please visit his internet home at www.AshtonWinger.com as well as his social media channels at facebook.com/AshtonWingerRacing12 .